Sign in to follow this  
NoObject

A New Challenger Arrives

Greetings, this is my first post so improvement suggestions would be appreciated

I would like some help with my team, please.

This is my team so far:

Tank ~ Dullahan

Skills:

1. Uber Knight
  2. Atk Boost III
  3. Def Boost III

E: Metal King Sword (Strongest)

Healer ~ Zoma

Skills:

1. Uber Healer
  2. Wis Boost III
  3. Zoma

E: Metal King Sword (Strongest)

Mage ~ Dhoulmagus

Skills:

1. Bang & Crack III
  2. Wis Boost III
  3. Atk Boost III

E: Royal Rod (Mainly for +50 to wisdom)

Considered Changes:

• Swapping Dullahan for Mumboh-Jumboe
  • Upgrading stat boost to Uber (Obviously)
  • Giving Zoma a weapon to increase wisdom instead of attack

Other ​Help Needed:

• List of Monsters I can scout to obtain ingredient skills for Uber stat boosts
  • Best monster(s) to use for the fastest way to get Uber skills and extra skill points so I don't have to grind all the way to lvl 100

I wanted to change Dullahan out for Mumboh-Jumboe because the Hp, Atk, and Def stat caps are better and agility isn't important to me for a tank. I need to know the Pros/Cons of Mumboh-Jumboe like if it still "Argues with itself" like it did in DQMj1.

Thank you for your time and help.

Edited by NoObject

Excessive use of colored text O_o,

If you plan on using this team in the WMC then here's what I would do. You don't need Zoma and Dhoulmagus. I would keep Zoma or replace him with Wight King for Magic Regenerator either way here's the set id use.

Zoma/Wight King

~Uber Health Boost

~Uber Healer/Hawkheart 3

~Uber Mage

Uber Health Boost is because they both have pathetic hp for WMC and they'd be getting 1 hit without it. Hawkheart 3 I prefer over Uber Healer because it "trims the fat" and does more straight healing skills, but that's up to you. Uber Mage is for offense.

If you want to use Mumboh-Jumboe which is a better choice than Dullahan I would go with

Mumboh-Jumboe

~Uber Atk Boost

~Atk Boost 3

~Naturalist

You could use these sets on a Night Clubber as well.

This set beefs up his attack considerably making him a major threat.

Naturalist comes with Mercurial Thrust for quick attacks, Dragon Slash, Hatchet man and some other helpful skills.

The last monster I would use would probably be a support monster who could also attack if needed. This choice is up to you, but Overkilling Machine is a good option.

OKM

~Fortifier

~Uber Agil Boost

~Uber Healer

He has enough speed so he can be your backup healer and Kazing your main healer if he dies.

Only put 54 points in Fortifier so he learns all the way up to Kabuff and can buff/oomph your team.

The OKM setup was something I threw in there for a 3rd monster, the skillset idea is courtesy of Kaizzereich, but I hope everything helped.

If you plan on using this team in the WMC then here's what I would do. You don't need Zoma and Dhoulmagus. I would keep Zoma or replace him with Wight King for Magic Regenerator either way here's the set id use.

Zoma/Wight King

~Uber Health Boost

~Uber Healer/Hawkheart 3

~Uber Mage

Uber Health Boost is because they both have pathetic hp for WMC and they'd be getting 1 hit without it. Hawkheart 3 I prefer over Uber Healer because it "trims the fat" and does more straight healing skills, but that's up to you. Uber Mage is for offense.

If you want to use Mumboh-Jumboe which is a better choice than Dullahan I would go with

Mumboh-Jumboe

~Uber Atk Boost

~Atk Boost 3

~Naturalist

Naturalist comes with Mercurial Thrust for quick attacks, Dragon Slash, Hatchet man and some other helpful skills.

The last monster I would use would probably be a support monster who could also attack if needed. This choice is up to you, but Overkilling Machine is a good option.

OKM

~Fortifier

~Uber Agil Boost

~Uber Healer

He has enough speed so he can be your backup healer and Kazing your main healer if he dies.

Only put 54 points in Fortifier so he learns all the way up to Kabuff and can buff/oomph your team.

The OKM setup was something I threw in there for a 3rd monster, the skillset idea is courtesy of Kaizzereich, but I hope everything helped.

Colorful text is easier (for me) to read and it looks nice.

Why would you have 2 small monsters for a team? And especially why would your healer be a mage? You have 3 slots so why not have one designated to brawn, one to healing and one to offensive spells? I chose Zoma for my Healer because it has Tact Trooper which allows the occasional 2 turn so it can heal for days, though I agree its HP is relatively low, I was considering giving it Uber Health Boost in place of Zoma which was just its way of getting some damage off in the beginning before it starts healing. Naturalist has a bunch of useless (to me) skills like Hatchet man, which relies on my awful luck, plus I would prefer Gigagash so I can hit all my opponent's monsters thus requiring the healer to waste its mana.

If I could get a link to a post with a list of skillsets and the skills learned by them (since I don't have Uber heatlh boost yet I can't know what's on it, etc) that would be much appreciated.

Blue on black is a difficult contrast and makes it harder to read.

Really? Strange, it's a lot easier for me =/, maybe Light Blue would be better, yes?

For Mumboh-Jumboe, I recommend giving it Uber Attack, Champion for meditation and oomph, and either attack 3 or thunderwind slashed for mercurial thrust

I'm not saying one is better, but a Wight King fits my style better. Because he naturally regenerates MP and is immune to magic, he can survive and heal quite well against teams with moves like gigagash.

Zoma has tactical trooper, but he can only bounce actual spells, and he would lose a battle of attrition if it was needed. With Wight King I can heal and hold out for criticals

For mage, maybe turn Dhoulmagus into Rhapthorne 1 if you can. I've heard he makes a fantastic mage with max MP, Speed, Wisdom and near maxed Defense, and 760 HP.

DO NOT turn it into Rhapthorne 2 though. Rhap 2's skill set is pretty good, but the giant itself is by no means a good monster. If you can make two, you could give the Rhapthorne 2 set to Rhapthorne 1.

As for making Uber skills, the only one I have memorized is Uber attack boost

Attack 3: easy enough

Warrior: Demon-at-arms in necropolis can drop scrolls for this or have them stolen

Fire Fighter: Dancing flame (cragravation) or Wax Murderer (Dark world)

Sag Ward: On some headhunters in Treepidation, may take a few tries

Hope this helps

For Mumboh-Jumboe, I recommend giving it Uber Attack, Champion for meditation and oomph, and either attack 3 or thunderwind slashed for mercurial thrust

I'm not saying one is better, but a Wight King fits my style better. Because he naturally regenerates MP and is immune to magic, he can survive and heal quite well against teams with moves like gigagash.

Zoma has tactical trooper, but he can only bounce actual spells, and he would lose a battle of attrition if it was needed. With Wight King I can heal and hold out for criticals

For mage, maybe turn Dhoulmagus into Rhapthorne 1 if you can. I've heard he makes a fantastic mage with max MP, Speed, Wisdom and near maxed Defense, and 760 HP.

DO NOT turn it into Rhapthorne 2 though. Rhap 2's skill set is pretty good, but the giant itself is by no means a good monster. If you can make two, you could give the Rhapthorne 2 set to Rhapthorne 1.

As for making Uber skills, the only one I have memorized is Uber attack boost

Attack 3: easy enough

Warrior: Demon-at-arms in necropolis can drop scrolls for this or have them stolen

Fire Fighter: Dancing flame (cragravation) or Wax Murderer (Dark world)

Sag Ward: On some headhunters in Treepidation, may take a few tries

Hope this helps

Very insightful, thank you but here is the uber recipe list:

http://www.woodus.co...ll_upgrades.php

I just need monsters that fit the ingredients such as Sage.

*edit*

http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21256

There is a list of where you can find ward skills as well

Edited by NoObject

Lol about my Zoma: I used captain crow so fail on that end XP

Shame, what a waste....

That suck, Crow's important for a lot of awesome monsters

I'm considering getting another game just for more crows

Another thing I should note, Have some back up monsters for WMC

There are teams that'll wreck one team, and lose utterly to another

Train a Night Clubber for Giants, Uber and attack 3, Thunderwind

And maybe make a Wight King in the background.  Why not have both

OKM can also be made an effective healer with Uber health, War cry, and Amor Seco Rain.  Since he has double trouble, he can skip the one turn wait and instantly full heal your team. It also costs less MP than using Omniheal twice, which his low Wisdom would call for

Edited by Ring Man

That suck, Crow's important for a lot of awesome monsters

I'm considering getting another game just for more crows

Another thing I should note, Have some back up monsters for WMC

There are teams that'll wreck one team, and lose utterly to another

Train a Night Clubber for Giants, Uber and attack 3, Thunderwind

And maybe make a Wight King in the background. Why not have both

OKM can also be made an effective healer with Uber health, War cry, and Amor Seco Rain. Since he has double trouble, he can skip the one turn wait and instantly full heal your team. It also costs less MP than using Omniheal twice, which his low Wisdom would call for

Me, too, extra crows and estarks would help immensely.

I was considering Night Clubber over Mumboh-Jumboe or dhoulmagus but Last word is annoying...

There really is no point for having a 2nd team imo because you only get to use the one team for 5 battles in a row and with orders for tag battles and such it should be a matter of skill. So all you need to do for Wifi Championship is make the best team ever. Can't wait until everyone uses the same freaking team after we figure out the best team and ruin the game ^_^

I decided to swap zoma for Wight King because of the superior stats as well as the Traits/Res that were mentioned.

OKM's mana is too low for me and the synth is too much work for me (SERIOUSLY?! 2 Balhibs?!) and with it set to focus on healing it would only Omniheal and waste it's MP fast.

My team thoughts so far:

Mumboh-Jumboe/Night Clubber

Wight King

Rhapthorne

I've got Night Clubber and Mumboh-Jumboe ready for synth and Uber Attk Boost brewing in my bjorn, just need to make a decision now.

I decided on Night Clubber and I named him マグマスタッフ for magma staff because he looks like he's holding one.

I think it could be easier to group text in colors, not necessarily easier to read (like the blue example).

What is your goal for this team? Being stronger? On WMC or against another player?

It seems people "help" you to turn your team into every other team that is out there... If you do not want to be a clone, the moment to start following your own path must start now. But if you do not mind it, then listen to them.

I think it could be easier to group text in colors, not necessarily easier to read (like the blue example).

What is your goal for this team? Being stronger? On WMC or against another player?

It seems people "help" you to turn your team into every other team that is out there... If you do not want to be a clone, the moment to start following your own path must start now. But if you do not mind it, then listen to them.

I want to win, plain an simple. I need a winning team for WMC so I can get some good stuff. If I want to battle casually I'll make a casual team. Right now I need my "I win" team for WMC so I can get good monsters for synth and such. I like the Orochi Monster and I was hoping to find a good set for it and battle people for fun with it, but that's another story for another time.

Zoma/Wight King

~Uber Health Boost

~Uber Healer/Hawkheart 3

~Uber Mage

Mumboh-Jumboe

~Uber Atk Boost

~Atk Boost 3

~Naturalist

OKM

~Fortifier

~Uber Agil Boost

~Uber Healer

Why would you have 2 small monsters for a team? And especially why would your healer be a mage? You have 3 slots so why not have one designated to brawn, one to healing and one to offensive spells? I chose Zoma for my Healer because it has Tact Trooper which allows the occasional 2 turn so it can heal for days, though I agree its HP is relatively low, I was considering giving it Uber Health Boost in place of Zoma which was just its way of getting some damage off in the beginning before it starts healing. Naturalist has a bunch of useless (to me) skills like Hatchet man, which relies on my awful luck, plus I would prefer Gigagash so I can hit all my opponent's monsters thus requiring the healer to waste its mana.

If I could get a link to a post with a list of skillsets and the skills learned by them (since I don't have Uber heatlh boost yet I can't know what's on it, etc) that would be much appreciated.

Where did I say to only use 2 monsters? Using Zoma as a healer and taking advantage of his mage is a great idea and gives you space for a buffer/back up healer which is needed in Ultra Scout, but if you want to find out yourself be my guest...

Also if you are going for Orochi a desired skillset you could use would be:

Fire 3(for scorch)

Gobstopper Ward(for Gobstopper guard and Steady Recovery)

Dual Duellers(for MP regenerator and for boulder toss so he can use another movie in between Scorch's or use Abiliterator Ward for just MP regenerator

Champion(for Oomph and Meditation)

Naturalist(for hatchetman, helm splitter, etc.)

Edited by Knitewulf

Zoma/Wight King

~Uber Health Boost

~Uber Healer/Hawkheart 3

~Uber Mage

Mumboh-Jumboe

~Uber Atk Boost

~Atk Boost 3

~Naturalist

OKM

~Fortifier

~Uber Agil Boost

~Uber Healer

Where did I say to only use 2 monsters? Using Zoma as a healer and taking advantage of his mage is a great idea and gives you space for a buffer/back up healer which is needed in Ultra Scout, but if you want to find out yourself be my guest...

Also if you are going for Orochi a desired skillset you could use would be:

Fire 3(for scorch)

Gobstopper Ward(for Gobstopper guard and Steady Recovery)

Dual Duellers(for MP regenerator and for boulder toss so he can use another movie in between Scorch's or use Abiliterator Ward for just MP regenerator

Champion(for Oomph and Meditation)

Naturalist(for hatchetman, helm splitter, etc.)

Weird, I must have just zoned out when I was reading your first reply, I don't know where I got the 2 monster thing from =/ sorry about that, bro.

Thanks for your thoughts on the Orochi set, but I don't get what your infatuation with naturalist is, I absolutely hate that skill. And as for Champion: I'd prefer MegaHeal over Meditation because 400 cap over 600 (Which is what my zoma usually maxes) is too weak and the idiot would probably use Oomphle because the AI in the game is as rational as a walnut...

As for OKM I dislike it a lot, it may have double trouble but it's mana is awful. I'm considering a 2 monster team with Nimzo and something Beefy for physical attacking.

My obsession with Naturalist is that both of the monsters I told you to put it on need it. Its a very good skillset to take advantage of. Meditation maxes above 600 on an Orochi I know that for a fact and you only give it enough points until it learns Meditation and then stop giving it skill points so it can't use oomphle.

With Bang Ward OKM's MP is more than enough, but if you don't like it oh well.

As for a Nimzo team I have never ran one, but you could give Nimzo champion so he could meditate himself when needed and pair him with a fast healer. I'd recommend OKM, but you dislike him.

Naturalist isn't necessary at all, hatchet man is luck based and helm splitter can be obtained other ways, along with mercurial thrust.

Assuming Bang ward gives magic scrooge and you also gave OKM magic regen I guess it would be okay but that's like 3 skills just to give it enough mana to be an effective healer, but if I 100% dedicate it to healing then it might be a better healer than Wight King.

Edited by NoObject

Naturalist isn't necessary at all, hatchet man is luck based and helm splitter can be obtained other ways, along with mercurial thrust.

Assuming Bang ward gives magic scrooge and you also gave OKM magic regen I guess it would be okay but that's like 3 skills just to give it enough mana to be an effective healer, but if I 100% dedicate it to healing then it might be a better healer than Wight King.

How would you get meditation to increase the health it heals? I can barely get it over 450

Naturalist is the one skillset that benefits those monsters the best. I have them both...

Bang Ward does give Magic Scrooge, but you don't need MP regenerator. You haven't even tried him out in Wifi muchless WMC. He does fine. Why ask for help if you deny most of it?

How would you get meditation to increase the health it heals? I can barely get it over 450

Naturalist is the one skillset that benefits those monsters the best. I have them both...

Bang Ward does give Magic Scrooge, but you don't need MP regenerator. You haven't even tried him out in Wifi muchless WMC. He does fine. Why ask for help if you deny most of it?

I don't deny it, I just criticize it and question it because I'm not one to blindly do whatever anyone says.

I prefer to have things like magic regen in case of long drawn out battles, otherwise OKM's mp would eventually drain and there goes my healer.

Helm Splitter isn't even on Naturalist so all it has for it is mercurial thrust...

Sorry I meant Hatchet man/Dragon Slash/Mercurial Thrust. Either way its a pretty great offensive skillset.

Also you aren't going to have long drawn out battles on wifi as often as short ones.

Sorry I meant Hatchet man/Dragon Slash/Mercurial Thrust. Either way its a pretty great offensive skillset.

Also you aren't going to have long drawn out battles on wifi as often as short ones.

Well I had 4 out of 5 long drawn out ones today (because of the mass use of giant monsters for some reason today) they all ran about 20+ turns and I was using my orochi since I had 2 beasts on my current team. Luckily magic scrooge allowed me to have meditation heal me for 700 a pop (first time I've seen it go above 450 but I'll figure that out later) without taking up much of my mp and from what I experienced I figured OKM could indeed last a while with just magic scrooge but it's still too much of a pain in the donkey to synthesize.

Helm splitter was the only one i even liked in that list of skills you listed because of the def drop and mercurial thrust isn't important to me when the AI is in control.

Meditation heals more the more hp you have. OKM isn't that big of a deal to make. Get the Balhibs off Eugene Poole's invincible monster set.

Meditation heals more the more hp you have. OKM isn't that big of a deal to make. Get the Balhibs off Eugene Poole's invincible monster set.

So how many times can I get Balhibs from Eugene? I thought I could only battle him a certain amount of times.

You can rebattle Poole as many times as you want, he just stops changing teams at the 5th battle. Make sure you reject the "alluring" collection and ask for "invincible" only those give out balhibs, Marquis de Leon, and Bone Baron