Sign in to follow this  
Fates

DO YA LIEK RUMORS? (or, DQ7 remake possibly incoming?)

This rumor is going on 6 weeks old, and no new news?

Personally I like most remakes and would be excited to see DQVII re-released either as a port, re-mastered, or remade version. It would give the game a second shot at success here in the states (it wasn't well received here, stupid PSX era) and make it easier for me to play. Handheld versions are always a plus for me as a single father who is more often out at work or running errands than at home.

Agreed. A PSN release would be nice if I could get the title on my PSP....it would be more than nice actually...it would be fantastic.

Since I have never played DQVII I'd like to see an improved remake for 3DS since I prefer playing rpg with many hours of gameplay on portable consoles.

Well, seeing as how well the Vita is selling in Japan, if they were planning on that being the platform of choice, perhaps a rethinking of strategy is in order.

Gotta say, I have never once understood the argument against remakes that it will be "ruining a classic." You still have the original game if you dislike the remake, so why rain on everyone else's parade?

A certain someone said they were sitting on something sooooo juicy. This is also the same person who saw direct DQM shots a month before its reveal.

So I dunno. As long as it's not something on Vita, I'd be fine. It's not that the system isn't nice, it's the price, Sony's general direction, and the required extra costs.

Well, seeing as how well the Vita is selling in Japan, if they were planning on that being the platform of choice, perhaps a rethinking of strategy is in order.

Releasing a DQVII remake for the Vita would improve sales for the system in Japan. There would be a sales bump just for the announcement of the game. But who knows, it could be for PS3.

A certain someone said they were sitting on something sooooo juicy. This is also the same person who saw direct DQM shots a month before its reveal.

So I dunno. As long as it's not something on Vita, I'd be fine. It's not that the system isn't nice, it's the price, Sony's general direction, and the required extra costs.

Something juicy about DQ? I seem to recall a Konami thing... excited nonetheless.

Releasing a DQVII remake for the Vita would improve sales for the system in Japan. There would be a sales bump just for the announcement of the game. But who knows, it could be for PS3.

Oddly enough, I'd be more receptive to PS3 than Vita. Hopefully it wouldn't drain the battery like UMVC3 is said to.

I'm not sure if this was said yet, but this article shows that VII may actually belong (in some ways) to Sony.

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9087723

To be honest, I would prefer a Vita remake of Dragon Warrior VII than anything else. I would love it so much, though I still wouldn't mind a 3DS remake (as long as it has a new graphical style) The DW7 graphics style has been done to death now.

Eh, I dunno. I think Parish took one statement and spun that into an unnecessary conjecture filled article. DQ VII was a big deal for Sony. It was their highest selling title and they even presented Horii with some sort of award. I read it as a typical business non-answer to not offend either company. Because who knows, Sony may be planning to release DQ VII on PSN and Horii talking remakes cannibalizes sales. Besides, you don't get a word outta Horii on new games if you're not Jump.

What does the hero look like? (Spoilers: Goku.)

Hurr.

Edited by Dwaine

Why would Horii care about where it originated first? They put DQIV and DQV on the Sony system. Plus I am sure Iwata would do anything in his might to secure DQVII remake to continue the incredible momentum in Japan that the 3DS is having right at this moment.

But DQ also lands on the most popular system. They could be waiting to see how the scales tip. Neither systems had been released at the time of the interview. I really don't see Iwata bidding for DQ. There are already a number of DQ games on multiple Nintendo platforms. Besides, it's never mattered anyway. The more users the greater chance we'll see DQ there.

Again, I don't see Horii's statement as a confirmation one way or another. Just another way of saying "no comment at this time."

Edited by Dwaine