Sign in to follow this  
Fates

DO YA LIEK RUMORS? (or, DQ7 remake possibly incoming?)

I don't think that just because the 3DS is a less powerful system that that could cause glitches. In fact, I'd say the opposite is true. That since a more powerful system would require higher development costs (as you yourself claim), then it would be more likely for a company to cut corners during development.

Dq7 is way to long to be on any hand held, not just in memory but most people dont want to play a 100+hour game on a hand held.

I think the opinions might be a bit split on that. For myself, I don't want to play a 100 hour game at home. I have much more time to play on the go. That's just my preference though.

• Upvote 3

Yeah. I found it hard to put in the 72 hours I needed to beat DW7 at home, let alone the time to do the postgame stuff now that I'm working on that.

I can play a handheld while:

Watching TV/Movie

On the john

On a car trip when it's not my turn to drive

etc

I've put the same or more time into DQMJ2 and I've had it for a much shorter period of time.

• Upvote 1

Any NEWS on this yet or are we still with the rumorville here?

Whether this is gonna be DQ VII or FF VII, I feel there's a question that should be addressed

Would it work better on 3DS or PS3/Vita?

PS system: Pros

More powerful processors and memory

Game platform which the audience is most familiar with.

New system on the horizon, could work in tandem to sell the system

Cons:

Less portable=Less time spent playing. Game is a bit long

More powerful engine requires higher development costs

Original is on PSN, remake not entirely necessary (FF VII only)

3DS:

Pros

Portable system, can be played more often

Wireless could allow for multiplayer features/minigames

Expands availability of the game to a larger audience

Cons

Less powerful system, may cause glitches or limit features

May incite criticism if Nintendo's policies require censorship

Your thoughts?

How is the Vita less portable than the 3DS? It's not like I'm going to put a 3DS in my pocket or anything so it would be carried in a case like the Vita so to me they are both portable.

Also the Vita has wireless too so not sure how that's a pro for the 3DS and not for the Vita. At least there's only 1 friend code though so the 3DS did something right.

Given how they like to release DQ games on the more successful system, currently there is only one choice - the 3DS. They have also pretty much been releasing stuff only on Nintendo consoles too so it would seem to me that if it is remade, you'll probably see it on the 3DS. 3D may not even be needed, don't forget the DQ DS games didn't take advantage of the touch screen so they could make costs less by not having 3D in it. They are trying to push it though, so it would probably have it.

Whether this is gonna be DQ VII or FF VII, I feel there's a question that should be addressed

Would it work better on 3DS or PS3/Vita?

PS system: Pros

More powerful processors and memory

Game platform which the audience is most familiar with.

New system on the horizon, could work in tandem to sell the system

Cons:

Less portable=Less time spent playing. Game is a bit long

More powerful engine requires higher development costs

Original is on PSN, remake not entirely necessary (FF VII only)

3DS:

Pros

Portable system, can be played more often

Wireless could allow for multiplayer features/minigames

Expands availability of the game to a larger audience

Cons

Less powerful system, may cause glitches or limit features

May incite criticism if Nintendo's policies require censorship

Your thoughts?

How is the Vita less portable than the 3DS? It's not like I'm going to put a 3DS in my pocket or anything so it would be carried in a case like the Vita so to me they are both portable.

Also the Vita has wireless too so not sure how that's a pro for the 3DS and not for the Vita. At least there's only 1 friend code though so the 3DS did something right.

Given how they like to release DQ games on the more successful system, currently there is only one choice - the 3DS. They have also pretty much been releasing stuff only on Nintendo consoles too so it would seem to me that if it is remade, you'll probably see it on the 3DS. 3D may not even be needed, don't forget the DQ DS games didn't take advantage of the touch screen so they could make costs less by not having 3D in it. They are trying to push it though, so it would probably have it.

Well, my point was more regarding the home console playstation 3. Ignore cons that do not apply to the Vita.

I want only one thing from a VII's remake.... LET ME PLAY WITH KIEFER AGAIN!!!

Having Kiefer in the party for the bonus content would be awesome!

I'm not sure how i would feel about having Keifer again after taking his leave. I mean, the only reason why he left was because he finally found something/someone he wanted to protect and something he really wanted to do. And heck, IIRC Aria is Keifer's descendant so you do get to party with one of his relatives at least.

Sorry Ringman, didn't notice that you said PS3 and Vita.

PS3 would be interesting, but I doubt they would do that. Seems like DQ likes remakes on portable systems. The DQ Trilogy collection wasn't really a remake if I recall, just ports. 4, 5, and Monsters 1 + 2 got remakes on PS1 and PS2, but DS got 4 and 5 anyway. Also seems like more FF games get remade on portable consoles so Square Enix thinks it's a good idea to remake them on there. I would still say 3DS as that will probably be more popular console for a while mostly because of it's early lead to Vita and not a single portable DQ game was ever on the PSP so not sure if it would change with the Vita. The fact that 8 DQ games are on the DS (Rocket Slime, 4-6, 9, Joker 1, Joker 2, Joker 2 Pro) would make me think it will be on 3DS should it ever be announced.

If it's coming, it will be for Vita. Horii has commented in the past that any remake of VII would be for Sony. Some have speculated that Sony may have chipped in for development costs on VII and VIII.

That would be nice. I want more titles for the PSPs.

I dunno, I'm not sold on the Vita. I really like the size and feel of the Go, the style of the Vita is too bulky to put in your pocket.

I dunno, I'm not sold on the Vita. I really like the size and feel of the Go, the style of the Vita is too bulky to put in your pocket.

I would never put a portable system in my pocket. Seems like it could break easily.

I would never put a portable system in my pocket. Seems like it could break easily.

Nah. Typically, any portable system is rugged enough so that a kid can carry it around. You just need something to protect the screen I'm careful, but I'm not THAT careful, and I've never had any problems.

My biggest complaint about the PSP is the size. Because I had to carry it around in a case, I didn't take with me as much which means I was generally not playing it. Vita look like more of the same.

Sounds like you should invest in a manpurse or a fanny pack. Hahaha.

Ah, the fanny pack. Bane of the 1990s.

Get a European carryall! Jerry Seinfeld & Iron Man can't be wrong.

10207_blog.jpg

robert_downey_jr1.jpg

Robert Downey Jr. has made several bad decisions in his life and this is just another one. It's obvious that Amy Adams was selling purses and he got tricked into buying one.

If Hori made one, I'd probably get it :P

(Hori the game accessory manufacturer, not that other Horii...)

I.. always put my portable systems in my pockets.

They have yet to break or be otherwise damaged.

What? It only took me around 60 hour's to beat Dragon Quest VII...

I hope it will be for the 3DS. Not for any particular reason, except for 3D. If they remake it from the ground up, like Terry's Wonderland 3D, it will be really awesome.

Anyway, besides DQ and FF, the 7th game it's referring to could also be from the "Tales of" series, or the 7th "Y's". Not too sure of what else it could be.

I suppose there's also a very unlikely possibility the 7 could mean the 7th Saga.

Edited by Garin
  • Upvote 1

I suppose there's also a very unlikely possibility the 7 could mean the 7th Saga.

Did the 2nd 7th Saga game ever get translated? Fan translation? Somehow that sounds familiar. LOVED the first one. Put probably 100 or so hours into it. Totally sucked when I thought I'd beat someone up for the fun of it and then lost those shards/gems/orbs whatever and had to walk all around looking for the guy who beat me.

Personally I like most remakes and would be excited to see DQVII re-released either as a port, re-mastered, or remade version. It would give the game a second shot at success here in the states (it wasn't well received here, stupid PSX era) and make it easier for me to play. Handheld versions are always a plus for me as a single father who is more often out at work or running errands than at home.