Sign in to follow this  
Fates

DO YA LIEK RUMORS? (or, DQ7 remake possibly incoming?)

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=453058

It's probably not FF7.

Remember, DQ follows a pattern. With every new entry comes a remake. 6 was with 9, so with 10 comes 7. So it adds up. If this rumor materializes at all, it's likely to be DQ7.

It appears this person correctly "leaked" Monster Hunter Tri-G for the 3DS, so it could be legit. Guess we'll see.

Edited by Fates

god I hope so. If ever there was a game that needs a remake its DQ7.

plus he said "Big N" is going to announce it. Does FF even have any ties left with Nintendo?

I would love this as my copy of DW7 isn't in the best of shape XD

DQ7 would fit on a portable? I know technology gets better, but that was a massive game! Sounds amazing if true! I have a 3DS on my wishlist after playing a demo one in the mall this weekend.

I heard a rumor similar to this a while back and I would be so excited if it was true.

Remember, DQ follows a pattern. With every new entry comes a remake. 6 was with 9, so with 10 comes 7. So it adds up. If this rumor materializes at all, it's likely to be DQ7.

That's not necessarily true. What about when IV or V was remade?

umm I prefer PSX classics stays like classics, DQVII is excellent as it is, doesn't need a remake

couldn't describe better...

umm I prefer PSX classics stays like classics, DQVII is excellent as it is, doesn't need a remake

couldn't describe better...

See, while that MAY (not likely) be true. What we need is a better LESS EXPENSIVE way of obtaining and playing it. As much as i love (which I don't) that a new copy costs 160+ dollars (yeah so totally don't). I would Welcome, a touched up, fixed up, cheaper, portable, version.

So yeah

I'd rather see it released on PS3's network as PS one classics.

I'd rather not see the text get toned down which it probably would.

• Upvote 1

I heard a rumor similar to this a while back and I would be so excited if it was true.

It's KIND OF true.

Let's see. DQ I, 2, 3, and 4 came out without being remade

When 5 came out, 1 (and 2) were remade. When 6 came out, 3 was remade. When 7 came out, 4 was remade. 5 IS an anomaly, since it came out before 8.

I'd rather see it released on PS3's network as PS one classics.

Not going to happen.

That's good for you and everyone else who played it already. Keep in mind the fandom has grown significantly in size since then.

That's good for you and everyone else who played it already. Keep in mind the fandom has grown significantly in size since then.

^That, pretty much.

...Although I am a little worried about Red Dragon's talking about. I'm kind of worried about what the translation would like this time around (which I know the PSX version isn't perfect, but I just don't want to see another mess like DQ4DS).

^That, pretty much.

...Although I am a little worried about Red Dragon's talking about. I'm kind of worried about what the translation would like this time around (which I know the PSX version isn't perfect, but I just don't want to see another mess like DQ4DS).

DQ4, so they took out the party chat, better we got it at all then not

I don't know if we'd have to worry too much. VI didn't seem to go crazy with typed-in accents like IV did, especially if you look at Carver's speech in IX compared to what's there in VI. So unless there's a relapse or something, I don't think we'll have to be too concerned with a repeat of IV's localization.

Do kinda feel sorry for the folks that would have to rework VII's text if this remake turns out to be a real thing. This game has a lot of text...

DQ4, so they took out the party chat, better we got it at all then not

(Oh please don't let this devolve into a flame war...)

Just saying, there's really no good reason for that.

I don't know if we'd have to worry too much. VI didn't seem to go crazy with typed-in accents like IV did, especially if you look at Carver's speech in IX compared to what's there in VI. So unless there's a relapse or something, I don't think we'll have to be too concerned with a repeat of IV's localization.

Do kinda feel sorry for the folks that would have to rework VII's text if this remake turns out to be a real thing. This game has a lot of text...

That's very true. I suppose I shouldn't be so gloomy. ^^

...But either way, the poor, poor translators. D8 How many binders did the original script fill up, again?

Edited by Mireia

I don't want it to flame on mirela. I want more DQ games to come stateside. That's all. I want more people to be able to enjoy what I have for years. And most of my youtube viewers are younger kids who joined with IX and Joker 1+2. I want DQ7 to be remade, to be affordable, and to be enjoyed by more people. Anybody who is against this, what are you even doing on this site? You all should share the same ideals lol

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't mind a remake of the 7th game, it's the only one I don't have at the moment.

I don't want it to flame on mirela. I want more DQ games to come stateside. That's all. I want more people to be able to enjoy what I have for years. And most of my youtube viewers are younger kids who joined with IX and Joker 1+2. I want DQ7 to be remade, to be affordable, and to be enjoyed by more people. Anybody who is against this, what are you even doing on this site? You all should share the same ideals lol

I apologize. I made it sound like I was expecting you to blow up and flame me just because I disagreed. I...don't know what exactly I was trying to say, but it wasn't that. XD

No, I agree. I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't, as I'm not one of the old guard myself.

To expand. I hope it's not remade, but I think it should re-released as it was on PSX for other systems (PS One Classics for PS3, The XBox/Wii equivalents, etc). One of its charms to me is that it is a real old school style of DQ game.

VII really grew on me over time. I have it third to V and IV on my favorites list. What I liked the best about VII was the characters and the chemistry among the characters. The party chat was the best out of all of them and went the extra mile. It added to the story and the background, while giving the characters personalities. The game itself is also a real challenge reminiscent more of the early days of DQ games.

That translation wasn't perfect, but it was by far the funniest, especially party chat.

Maribel - Dave (Hero), it's amazing that you always create your opinions independent of reason. She's not even all that attractive.

Maribel - I understand helping small children, furry animals, and even the elderly, but it's so infuriating when you out of your way to lend a hand to young ladies, Dave.

Gabo - Tell me, Dave. What's Puff Puff?

Maribel - My clothes are drenched. This is all Dave's fault. All of it.

Kiefer - Shut up Maribel. Know your place fisherman's daughter. You're like a little kid.

Maribel - Oh shut up you halfwit. I'm not one of your subservient wenches.

I apologize. I made it sound like I was expecting you to blow up and flame me just because I disagreed. I...don't know what exactly I was trying to say, but it wasn't that. XD

No, I agree. I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't, as I'm not one of the old guard myself.

I know, this is just all crazy haha. DQ should expand and get it's rightfull credit outside of japan XD

What he means is whenever a new Dragon Quest game comes out a DQ game that hasn't previously been remade gets a remake.

To expand. I hope it's not remade, but I think it should re-released as it was on PSX for other systems (PS One Classics for PS3, The XBox/Wii equivalents, etc). One of its charms to me is that it is a real old school style of DQ game.

Since it would be on 3DS, and a massive game, I doubt it would be much more than a port. Don't think there's much to worry about there.

And if it is more than a port and a complete remake... well, we'll find out in 2023 when it comes out!

I'm afraid of what the translation of a remake will be like. I loved the localization of VII and it would be a shame if a remake followed recent localizations.