Sign in to follow this  
hawkeye77o4

Seth Green & Dragon Quest

As I sit here in my room, late at night watching Family Guy and Robot Chicken on Adult Swim, and a specific type of beverage being consumed, I had a random thought...

Since Seth Green has openly came out as a Dragon Quest fan, having starred in the commercials for Dragon Quest 9 (as lame as they may have been. Love ya Seth, but a fashion show commercial is not what DQ is about), I was thinking, do you think Seth Green has ever visited, or is a member of the Dragon's Den community?

I think yes. No short, or long term Dragon Quest fan has not, at some point, visited this site for the purpose of assistance with a DQ game, news on upcoming DQ games, or looking up some sort of information on previous DQ games.

I would like to believe that Seth Green is among us. That he is a member that we hear from and see often, has contributed to many DQ discussions, and has himself competed in a contest or two.

If he is here reading this, I only hope he remains anonymous, for it is his anonymity that keeps us intrigued. However I do believe that he is around, for this is the central hub for all Dragon Quest fandom, which he has shown he is part of.

Thoughts people????

P.S. If Seth Green is a member, please friend me/PM me. I will not give your identity away. Your secret is safe with me. Plus I am an aspiring actor living in Southern California and would REALLY love some assistance :thumbsup: . Mum's the word.

Edited by hawkeye77o4
  • Upvote 1

Hah, you might actually be right.

I've searched a load of Dragon Quest since I started playing, and 9/10 times came here. Eventually it lead to me making an account.

Heh, would be funny to have a secret celeb among us. ^^

Hawkeye, brand new thought you've given me. How awesome would it be if Seth Green were a denizen? I think the likelyhood of him having visited the den is pretty high. I wonder if he is indeed a member...

If he's here, could you pass along a message to Adult Swim?

Those bumpers. Stop.

Just stop.

Stop it.

• Upvote 1

Kind of like how Mila Kunis plays World of Warcraft.

Y'know somebody could claim him or herself as him and friend you.

To be honest I have been a huge Dragon Quest fan and for most of my time being one I never even heard of this place until recently. So it is not THAT far fetched to believe he might not be.

I s'pose the hardcore of DQ fanatics can find their way here, but there are a lot lost in the darkness. Besides, he could have gone to Gamefaqs for tips, as thats usually the first place people go for halp.

TBH even if he was a member of this site i wouldn't really care that much nor do i think he should openly say if he was. I can only imagine how many people would start bothering him (even if it is unintentional) and he might leave shortly after.

Although, if we had a celebratory on this site it might make this place a bit more popular with other fans.

• Upvote 1

TBH even if he was a member of this site i wouldn't really care that much nor do i think he should openly say if he was. I can only imagine how many people would start bothering him (even if it is unintentional) and he might leave shortly after.

Although, if we had a celebratory on this site it might make this place a bit more popular with other fans.

Nice try Seth, I think we all know you're hiding out here as Kalmana now...

Okay okay you guys caught me... Jk probs not but Seth Green is the bees knees. Funniest character I have ever seen was his amish guy from Sex Drive.

Can we start a circlejerk over him now?

• Upvote 1

Nice try Seth, I think we all know you're hiding out here as Kalmana now...

I'm far too amazing to be Seth.

Seth Green is a Dragon Quest fan? News to me!

I thought he was an actor, paid to star in a series of commercials >_>

Seth Green is a Dragon Quest fan? News to me!

I thought he was an actor, paid to star in a series of commercials >_>

It's not unusual for a star in commercials to actually enjoy the products that they are representing. A similar example: Robin Williams (and his daughter, Zelda Williams) have been in recent Legend of Zelda commercials, which they both claim to be fans of. I still laugh at that one line Robin says in the commercial: "I've been playing Zelda before you were even born!"

Edited by Rebel40000

Okay okay you guys caught me... Jk probs not but Seth Green is the bees knees. Funniest character I have ever seen was his amish guy from Sex Drive.

Can we start a circlejerk over him now?

Is this place reddit now? :P

I think it would be cool if he was a member. Personally, it wouldn't matter. Just because he is a celebrity doesn't mean anything. He would be just another fan of DQ and that is all that matters. Of course he could use said celebrity status to promote DQ more by perhaps making a few Robot Chicken skits based on the game :D

I was actually pleasantly surprised that Seth Green was in the commercials. If anything, to me it seemed like Square Enix of America was giving DQ9 better promotional material. Seth Green is a pretty big name in the geek circle.

I highly doubt that someone as respected as Seth Green would visit this site. He probably only did the DQIX commercial for the money.

I was actually pleasantly surprised that Seth Green was in the commercials. If anything, to me it seemed like Square Enix of America was giving DQ9 better promotional material. Seth Green is a pretty big name in the geek circle.

...ah, S-E of America had nothing to do with those commercials, that was all NoA.

I highly doubt that someone as respected as Seth Green would visit this site. He probably only did the DQIX commercial for the money.

He's publicly stated he's a DQ fan a couple times, he was happy to do the commercials.

If Seth Green is secretly here, someone needs to tell him Robot Chicken has lost its edge. And well, I was never a big fan of Family Guy or many other projects he's been on so I'll just keep my mouth shut.

I doubt he's on here through. Why become a member of an internet forum when you can talk directly to SE of America and are doing commercials for the series? I just hope he isn't like Crispin Freeman or some other 'celebs' who will use their status to meet famous game designers and rub it in the fans face.

Also I agree, the DQIX commercials....they didn't hit the right demographic in my opinion. Nintendo needs to realize what made DQ popular in Japn is everyone, from kiddies to grannies, like the games. Yet with DQ, and even the 3DS in general, they seem to be only targeting 20 something pot smoking losers who like to 'beat' their friends. Arg, those 3DS commercials make me ashamed to be a gamer....

Edited by Kenryoku_Maxis

He's publicly stated he's a DQ fan a couple times, he was happy to do the commercials.

'He was happy to do the commercials'. His was of saying '$#!& the commercials and the video games and just give me my momey.'

'He was happy to do the commercials'. His was of saying '$#!& the commercials and the video games and just give me my momey.'

You can't really prove that anymore than someone else can prove he liked the games. At best, he is a fan of the series. At worst, he did it for the money. But really, as much as I don't like Seth Green, he never seems to be the kind of person who just does stuff for the money. If that was the case, he would be working in movies primarily, instead of making animated shorts that are only watched by a certain demographic.

• Upvote 1

Very curious. I bet plenty of celebs are members of websites similar to this one anonymously. Even if they are a public member they probably have a "secret" account, that very few if any know about, so they can actually enjoy the site.

Saigan, Kenryouku...

I know this is old, but I had not seen it, so... If WarriorOfDestiny AKA FFMQFanSince92 says "respected" people would not visit this site, just nod at him and continue the thread normally.

Yeah, but you never know, so that's why we need to post more wonderful things to keep them entertained.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbOJqGF3zhQ