Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Megalosaro

Dragon Quest X beta test

http://andriasang.com/comyw3/

Requirements:

"Those who will actively test the game and report bugs (yes!)

Those who have a Wii and a method of connecting Wii to the internet (yes!)

Those with Square Enix Members accounts (yes!)

Those who live in Japan" (DAMNIT)

(DAMNIT) Japan

(DAMNIT) Japan

at least they didn't officially claim to need anyone who speaks japanese (the testers still have to know japanese thought... >.< )

man, i even wonder if there WOULD be someone who were 'crazy' enough to live in japan just to be beta testers of the game :puzzled::overjoyed2:

16 GB memory stick!! Awesome, I hope that means a lot of content after the game is released. While the beta seems inaccessible to those in the west, I hope the full game isn't the same!

Had a feeling it'd roll this way, unfortunately. In any case, I only meet the first two requirements :P

Undoubtably there will be a beta before the western release (if there is one) specifically for westerners. Just be patient.

I honestly doubt there'll be a beta of the western release, or at least an open one.

Japan's test'll take care of the bugs, and all Nintendo NA'll have to do is localize it.

If they do at all.

I could near about guarantee you they will do a beta prior to the western release if there is a western release. They did for FFXI, after all.

FFXI is Final Fantasy, an American-established brand, meaning the FF series was all released here, and sold well before FFXI came along.

I don't even see the US getting a full version of X. I'm just hoping it'll have offline multiplayer, or at least some form of multiplayer.

If they develop it to be an MMORPG in Japan, how much work would it take to make it offline playable elsewhere? Is there an example of this ever happening with other games in the past? I'd take this game any way, shape or form they'd release it in the US. lol. I hadn't considered that they'd take out the online. Wasn't one of the PSP Monster Hunter games online in Japan but was offline only in the US? That's all I can think of, but MH isn't an MMORPG...

By the way, they started taking applications for beta testers.

They aren't saying when the testing will start. They also say that selection will not be based on the speed of your application.

FFXI is Final Fantasy, an American-established brand, meaning the FF series was all released here, and sold well before FFXI came along.

I don't even see the US getting a full version of X. I'm just hoping it'll have offline multiplayer, or at least some form of multiplayer.

This really doesn't have a bearing on anything. Beta testing is part of the quality assurance process, not as a reward for impatient fans who have bought other games in the series to play a game early for free - and with a persistent online game like this, where downtime equals money lost, it's practically a requirement to reach outside of your internal testers and focus groups to the public at large in order to get as many bugs out as you can before the release. As I said before, IF (and that's a big IF, as I agree with your lack of faith in a release outside of Japan) this game gets a western release, a beta is sure to follow.