Contest #81 - If Dragon Quest Invaded Your Household Products

gootorade_small.png

Now that the dust is starting to settle after the release of DQMJ2, it's time to get back into our good old-fashioned Dragon's Den contests. And what better way is there than by rehashing an old (but fun) concept?

The theme of this contest is "What if Dragon Quest invaded your household products?", and your objective is to take existing household product media and DQ-ify them as best you can. Add in some slimes. Add in some characters. Change some text around. Add a new punch-line. Whatever you can do to give the existing media a DQ-style facelift.

Here are the rules:

1) You can submit a maximum of 2 entries for this contest

2) Feel free to team up with someone else if you think you would benefit from collaborating on this

3) Your submissions must have been updated with DQ styling in some way in order to be accepted for this contest

4) You must submit your entries(s) via PM to me. Do NOT post them directly in this thread

5) You have until Monday, November 28th, 2011 at 10:00 AM EST to submit your entries for this contest

6) Be creative and have fun!

The people who provide the top three submissions will be the winners of this contest. I will be updating this topic with the submissions as they are provided to me (via PM!).

Let the fun begin!

*Credit to Woodus for the Gootorade image

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mmm, have to think about this. An idea I had would require months to prepare, LOL. Out of the question at the moment...

I'm sure you will come up with something good. The Ultimate Dragon Quest Superfan never disappoints!

Oh yeah, I forgot about the album cover contest idea. Sorry about that. I've added it to the Queue now.

Just finally starting to get organized again. Things have been a bit of a mess lately.

I already have my idea. It is the same one I thought up this afternoon, but it's fleshed out more now. I think it can be finished on time. The old idea is left behind. There was no way I could finish it this year, LOL.

Lily, I don't know about the others, but I think it would be better to only share your ideas with someone after you have teamed up with them.

It may happen that one of your ideas was thought up by someone else, even without your mentioning them here. Of course, in that case, it would still be their ideas. Sharing any possible entries like this limits other people.

I finished the analysis and requirements-gathering phases. Now I'm ready to start the production. I'm getting excited again.

Awesome, looking forward to seeing it.

I am still waiting for a second submission so I can post CoarseDragon's submission without everyone knowing that it's his. Definitely will be interested to see what people come up with for this contest.

Heh!

Another art contest!

Time to break out Inkscape for this one!

Oh, and Cesar, remember contest 78?

How I said i'd beat you in the next spoof-something contest?

I'm up for making a bet with you!

Really? I warn you, I'm teaming up again, so it would be two against one. You still up for the bet?

And what did you have in mind?

Was that when Psaro's Man Slave said he would kill me in my sleep? A bet is way better, I don't want to be killed yet. I have not slept in the last two months.

Ok, here's what I had in mind:

If mine makes more votes than yours in the final round or if yours does not make it to the final round [most unlikely], I win.

If mine turns out to be crap and doesn't proceed to the final round or if mine has less votes in the final round, you win.

And if I win?

Pick your poison.

A. Take an art request from moi.

B. Beat at least 1 stage of any Touhou game on Lunatic mode.

Or C. give me a Minecraft gift code [if you have one, that is, if not, then A or B.]

And my punishment(s) if I lose?

I pick the art request.

For you:

a) do Dragon Quest IX's weird dance on a busy street, record it and post it online (it was greatly done before, it is worth following up).

b) promote the upcoming blog post of my entry for this contest in social networks, forums and/ or blogs.

c) act a scene from a Dragon Quest game, record it and post it online.

Fygg Newtons ~~ Tastes so good your dreams will become true.

Slime Stack Pancakes ~~ The Syrup just oozes out of these

god dammit you are supposed to keep your ideas to yourself! you are ruining it for some people. if you want to team up with somebody, send them your ideas via private message. dont post it so everyone can see.

and as for this little bet; i cant wait to see the outcome :tounge2:

Seems fair.

Just no tying me to a chair and making me play Kaizo.

Archived