Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CoarseDragon

Understanding quad-synthesis

Quad-synthesis is a special synthesis that requires four monsters to be synthesized in a specific fashion? This is my understanding and please correct me if I am wrong.

An example: Great Sabercat

Great Sabercub + Great Sabercub = Great Sabercub +1 \

Great Sabercub + Great Sabercub = Great Sabercub +1 /

Great Sabercub +1 + Great Sabercub +1 = Great Sabercat

So some of the special synthesis use this type of equation.

Megalodon + Gracos + Trode + Rhapthorne 2 = Aquarion

Does any combination of the above equal Aquarion?

Basically, here's what you do. Using that recipe for making an Aquarion, you would:

Breed Megalodon and Gracos together, it doesn't matter what you choose as the offspring here. We'll call this monster A.

Then breed Trode and Rhapthorne 2 together. Like before it doesn't matter what the offspring is. Call this monster B.

Breed Monster A and Monster B together and you'll have Aquarion. :)

Or you could breed the Trode and the Gracos for Monster A and the Megalodon and the Rhapthorne 2 for Monster B.

Or the Gracos and the Rhapthorne 2 for A and the Trode and Megalodon for B.

The order doesn't matter as long as all four grandparents are correct.

Or you could breed the Trode and the Gracos for Monster A and the Megalodon and the Rhapthorne 2 for Monster B.

Or the Gracos and the Rhapthorne 2 for A and the Trode and Megalodon for B.

The order doesn't matter as long as all four grandparents are correct.

Yeah, thanks. Was not to sure on that.

An interesting thing about quad synthesis: It interferes with normal synthesis and doesn't allow you to synthesize what their resultants would have been.

For example I was making a Shogum which requires 2 Metal Kaiser Slimes ([Liquid Metal Slime+Metal Slime Knight]+[Metal Slime+Metal Slime]). On both of those Kaisers I used a phoenix scepter to keep a Liquid Metal Slime from turning into a generic slime when bred with a Metal Slime Knight making both parents, for both Kaisers, Liquid Metal Slimes. Since the 'grandparents' were all Liquid Metal Slimes I was only given the option to synthesize a Metal King Slime instead of the Shogum that I wanted.

This is not important, but it is interesting.

Well, it is useful to know. It's important to remember that Quadrilineal Synthesis takes priority over special synthesis. (which takes priority over generic synthesis)

Save your game before you do the initial quad synthesis (A+B and C+D). Synthesize both sets. Then immediately check to see if, when synthesized again, they produce the monster you are aiming for.

I was wondering about combinations. I was successful getting the Great Sabercat and a couple others. So that is good information on what priorities take precedence.

I really wanted that Great Sabercat takes me back to riding one DQ VIII :overjoyed2: