Sign in to follow this  
Sierra

Going up against Corvus. Tips?

Okay, here's my problem:

I'm trying to beat Corvus for the ten thousandth time, right?

Hawk, for example, beat Corvus at level 34. Now, here's where I stand...

Levels:

73 {Minstrel, main},

75 {Warrior}

74 {Thief}

and

33 {Martial Artist, new vocation. old vocation was level 72 Minstrel.}

Skills:

Minstrel - 100 sword, 50 shield, 22 litheness.

Warrior - 22 sword, 77 spear, 3 knife, 40 shield, 28 courage.

Thief - 96 knife, 3 sword, 69 acquisitiveness.

Martial Artist - 80 claw and 4 focus.

You follow? Good. So, I tried to beat him /again/ today.

I failed miserably. Oh my Sweet Jesus, it was so bad.

It was sooo painful to watch my ass get handed to me for the twentieth {not exaggurating here!} time.

So this is where you, my fellow questers {is that a word? s:}, come in!

Give me tips {or anything } that'll help me in my Corvus battle!

Go to Swinedimples to do some quests based on your weapon skill.

100 Sword means Gigagash from Marco.

Gigagash does near 400 damage.

Get 100 on Claws for Hand of God from Klaus.

Hand of God does 300-500 damage.

I spammed those two mostly, and equipped all party members with Spirit Bracers.

...Oh, and Klaus is in the Library of Swinedimples, Marco, I do believe, is on the 2nd floor.

Edited by Hawk
  • Upvote 1

Can't even believe you haven't beat him with those levels!

Change MA back to minstrel

Minstrel ( Main char ) ,thief and warrior atack and other minstrel heals.

Also,it depends on armors and weapons.

Marco's quest requires you to visit certain towns in order by riddle.

Klaus's quest requires you to hunt down a few clawed monsters.

• Upvote 1

Equipment info would be useful too. You may have terrible defense so he just kills everyone or your weapons may not be that good. I guess it's too late to do it now, but you probably should have a priest. Multiheal every turn would pretty much stop damage at those levels. You also don't have any buffers like oomph and kabuff. Even though he probably knows disruptive wave, they help. If you have gritty ditty, that should be used by your weakest attacker so the other 2 just deal a lot of damage.

Your minstrel with 100 sword skill should mostly falcon slash. If you have the uber-falcon blade, use that. The falcon blade works well too.

Multithrust with the warrior is probably you best bet there. I didn't really use knives or claws throughout the game, so I don't know about those.

If all else fails, since it looks like you have a good strategy of leveling up, you can switch to a vocation you probably won't use, and level them up. Don't use the points until you know what to put them into (they are interchangeable between vocations as long as they aren't used). The special one for each class gives stat boosts which help across every vocation so that can help too.

Edited by Destructor526

Um. Surely your Martial Artist has ranks in the skills that were obtained when he/she was a Minstrel, yes? What are those? As skills are universal for the character, all stat gains and weapon skills are retained.

Also, in the 70s, you should be able to wrangle this fight. How are you doing for healing? You should be able to afford a ton of herbs and alchemize them into special medicines, which if you load up your party with, should keep them in good health.

Also, what weapons and armor are you using?

Yikes I beat him at half those levels almost. I turned everyone into Paladins at one point and I think it's 68 points into that special skill set that gets you +100 to your defense stats. (+10, +30, +60 If I remember correctly). That started making the game really really easy!

He also telegraphs his magic burst (which is really the only thing that should be killing you, besides his critical hits, which you should use zing for), so when he laughs and uh.. I forget the other tell... you defend the next turn with everyone.

OKAY HOLD YOUR HORSES FELLER.

I'mma quote all of the stuffs you said so I can reply to it easier, k? :3

Equipment info would be useful too. You may have terrible defense so he just kills everyone or your weapons may not be that good. I guess it's too late to do it now, but you probably should have a priest. Multiheal every turn would pretty much stop damage at those levels. You also don't have any buffers like oomph and kabuff. Even though he probably knows disruptive wave, they help. If you have gritty ditty, that should be used by your weakest attacker so the other 2 just deal a lot of damage.

1.) I'll edit my post with Equipment information~

2.) I have great defense && attack [i [u]should[/u] have at these levels...>>;] so that's not it.

3.) OH MY GOD I was wondering where you get the big heal-y spells! o; lol now I know. Maybe I /will/ get a priest. Hmm... I'll have to think it over. Decisions, decisions.

4.) How the Hell do you get oomph and kabuff? D8

Your minstrel with 100 sword skill should mostly falcon slash. If you have the uber-falcon blade, use that. The falcon blade works well too.

Uber-falcon blade, got it!

Multithrust with the warrior is probably you best bet there. I didn't really use knives or claws throughout the game, so I don't know about those.

Yes, ever since I got my spear skill up, I've been using MultiThrust A LOT.

I looove the claws for some reason [don't ask, I don't know. s:] and I've only just started using them.

I'm so silleh. >w<

If all else fails, since it looks like you have a good strategy of leveling up, you can switch to a vocation you probably won't use, and level them up. Don't use the points until you know what to put them into (they are interchangeable between vocations as long as they aren't used). The special one for each class gives stat boosts which help across every vocation so that can help too.

Indeed I do, dear sir~ 8D lol I level up like a mofo, bro!!

But, question...What good would it do me to switch to a vocation that I don't use? "/ I don't see what you're trying to do/say/get across, even if it's obvious. xD

Go to Swinedimples to do some quests based on your weapon skill.

100 Sword means Gigagash from Marco.

Gigagash does near 400 damage.

Get 100 on Claws for Hand of God from Klaus.

Hand of God does 300-500 damage.

I spammed those two mostly, and equipped all party members with Spirit Bracers.

...Oh, and Klaus is in the Library of Swinedimples, Marco, I do believe, is on the 2nd floor.

Kay, I got that down.

But where's the Red Signpost? D;

Oomph is learned by mage and armamentalist. Kabuff is learned by paladins as well as sages (priest learns Buff I think). If you got the sage vocation, that's fine too. They don't learn omniheal (priest does that) but you don't need it for Corvus so you could have that instead of a priest. They both have multiheal which is useful. If you can make a sage's stone, that also heals everyone, but multiheal is far better than that.

About leveling other vocations, if you level up to I believe it's level 38 or 39, you will get 100 skill points. You can use those skill points in the vocations you're currently using like finishing shield or lithness with your minstrel, finish spear with warrior, etc. You could level up in the vocation and use the points there, but for say your 1st minstrel, he doesn't need any weapon skills for this fight. So if you did that, I would put them into shield or one of the stat gaining skills. It's cool that you can level up in mage and use the points you gained in it to use on minstrel or gladiator or whatever.

If you do level up shield to 100, gladiator is pretty much better than warrior as their damage is awesome but can't equip shields without 100 in shields.

Here's where you find the red signpost:

http://www.ualberta....shi/RedSign.png

Edited by Destructor526

Sage's stone requires a silver orb.

A little high expectations for not yet beating the game.

You get Oomph with mages and Kabuff with...priests,I think.

You get Oomph with mages and Kabuff with...priests,I think.

You should read my post before this one. It answered that question and no priests do not learn kabuff. I checked. They learn buff as well as paladins, but for paladins, kabuff is better.