Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alanredstar

Emulation?

Are you guys into emulation? i mean, play a complete game on a computer etc.? i was into that but starting this year I began to buy retail retro games. I like to think that if you like something why dont you get a real copy of that. i would like to hear your thoughts.

I'm not spending $40+ bucks on a used copy of DW4 for the NES so I use emulation for that. I bought the DS version so I have no quarrels with that, not to mention Nintendo/Square have not released that version in the last 20 years. It's also much easier to use my PC, something I use every day, rather than hook up old systems which I have. I just don't have the room to keep them connected.

It's also useful when games don't get released. I played Final Fantasy 5 on my PC before it was released on the PS1 and the translations of DQ5 and DQ6 as well as the SNES remakes of DQ1 - DQ3. I'm waiting now for either Capcom to localize Ace Attorney Investigations 2 or for it to be translated. If it does get localized, I will buy it, but I like Ace Attorney too much to just not play it because they won't release it in English.

Yes,I usually play games on emulators since the first time they made although I don't have my old Nes and Super Nes anymore (I had a few games,though).Emulation is a nice experience in my opinion but playing with real console is completely another thing.

So...you're right when you say to get a real copy of something but it's quite difficult and expensive these times and the only way to get old games is to buy them on ebay by now.

Old games are ALWAYS the best.

My old NES, Sega, etc games on my PSP via emulators (and some titles like Sega Genesis Collection )) will keep me good for a long time.

Have played a couple of old Pokemon games emultated, an tried DQIX for skill videos/pictures purposes, but my computer just isn´t fast enough.

I always play through emulators for the games that I don't own a console anymore (NES,SNES,GBC...) but i rather play on a regular console if I have the money to buy the game that I want to play (PSX,PS2,DS)