Sign in to follow this  
Esturkdq4

Dragons Den Dungeon Crawler RPG Demo Discussion/Play Log Topic

Was thinking of waiting a few more days before doing this, but decided not to wait. I'm going to post the link to the Demo for my game, and for anyone who wants to play it, I'd like them to post updates as they play throughout the demo, like Playtime, Equipment, Levels, Job Levels, etc. Also, any errors, bugs, and any other thoughts as it's being played is good too.

http://www.gamefront...geon_Crawler_7z

All you need to do DL the file, then unzip it, click on the chess piece in the folder to play the game. Also, just delete the 3 save files as they are my old test save files and wouldn't even work with the current version of the game.

Edited by Esturkdq4

WOW! I load it up and start to use it a bit and suddenly I see this:

Me

I was 100% amazed and shocked that somehow it knew it was I who downloaded it and was playing. I was totally in awe of your programming skills. Then after thinking about it a few minutes, I realized back to when you were working on this years ago and were asking for player names. I loaded up your saves and saw myself there too. The awe only faded a tiny little bit, but I feel honored now!

I only had a few minutes to play. It looks like you spent a lot of time on this! My only question is about the gold. See the pic

gold

The number and the word "gold" don't have a space between them. Only a little thing & don't know if you meant to or not. It also does the same thing at the treasure chests "100Gold"

If anyone wants to do a let's play of it as well I'd be okay with as well.

OK, maybe because I was just fooling around with it and not giving it my all, but how do I get healed? I was walking around fighting slimes & babbles (yay for old names) and getting my butt kicked, but only had one medical herb.

OK, maybe because I was just fooling around with it and not giving it my all, but how do I get healed? I was walking around fighting slimes & babbles (yay for old names) and getting my butt kicked, but only had one medical herb.

the first save point also doubles as a recovery point.

Oh no, I'm at the 2nd save point and have like 30HP. I'm doomed!

Oh no, I'm at the 2nd save point and have like 30HP. I'm doomed!

I wouldn't say your doomed, just try to run back to the 1st save point.

Ok time to try this out. We´ll see how far i get, gotta play some joker 2 as well. :P

anyone else have thoughts on the game?

Feels a bit weird starting with so high HP, and that slimes and babbles, being the first monsters, hit so high. :/

Have been so into DQMJ2, that i´ve forgotten to play your game... Soon i´ll do it. >.<

I will give an update here that the game is about 1 month from completion. At the VERY latest it'll done by New Years Day

Hey Esturk, you want the SNES DQIII tile sets? They are VX ready, the only issue is you'd have to do a lot of remapping due my tiles are placed differently than the RTP for VX. I also have character sheets that have been VX converted.

1fd7d.png

There's your first floor quickly redone with the SNES tile set

On to the game, It's fun, but damn those babbles hit hard! I got poisoned EVERY time. I like the battle music too. You have A LOT of maps! Sorry, I know I shouldnt be looking at the game build, but wow, that must have been time consuming!

Edited by jamiras843

Hey Esturk, you want the SNES DQIII tile sets? They are VX ready, the only issue is you'd have to do a lot of remapping due my tiles are placed differently than the RTP for VX. I also have character sheets that have been VX converted.

1fd7d.png

There's your first floor quickly redone with the SNES tile set

On to the game, It's fun, but damn those babbles hit hard! I got poisoned EVERY time. I like the battle music too. You have A LOT of maps! Sorry, I know I shouldnt be looking at the game build, but wow, that must have been time consuming!

You could send it to me, and I could think about using them. Now, if you could get some FFVI VX Tilesets, it'd be even better. VX Character sheets would be cool as well, are they DQIII as well?

Also, I have plenty more maps then what you see in your version of it.

Edited by Esturkdq4

you give me til next monday and FFVI tiles will be yours, do you want the GBA type files? Or a different FFVI, depending on which one makes the task more difficult. Also, don't think I;m a jerk, but I animated your hero sprites. It just looking like it was sliding bugged my eyes... If you want them let me know.

Also comparatively my DQ SNES sprites are much larger than your hero and the default NPCs of VX, but I do have some sprites ripped from DW1&2 GBC version that would match nice.

2m6wj75.png

That's a recolored guard from DW GBC

Why I ask for the week is I have a 24 hour guard shift tomorrow (on my day "off"), so Tuesday will be mostly sleep, Wednesday-Friday will be same ol' stupid med coverage but next week is another 3 day weekend so I'll have plenty of time to get what you need.

Edited by jamiras843

you give me til next monday and FFVI tiles will be yours, do you want the GBA type files? Or a different FFVI, depending on which one makes the task more difficult. Also, don't think I;m a jerk, but I animated your hero sprites. It just looking like it was sliding bugged my eyes... If you want them let me know.

Also comparatively my DQ SNES sprites are much larger than your hero and the default NPCs of VX, but I do have some sprites ripped from DW1&2 GBC version that would match nice.

2m6wj75.png

Why I ask for the week is I have a 24 hour guard shift tomorrow (on my day "off"), so Tuesday will be mostly sleep, Wednesday-Friday will be same ol' stupid med coverage but next week is another 3 day weekend so I'll have plenty of time to get what you need.

I'm not sure which would be more difficult, but I'm fine with using the GBA FFVI Tilesets. DW 1&2 Sprites sound fine, I actually had a setup where I knew what all 10 main characters different sprites would be. If I actually find out what they are, you think you could set up a sprite sheet for all 10? Do you know if it's possible to combine both the FFVI & DQIII Tilesets into one tileset? So i could use both without removing one of the basic tilesets?

2m6wj75.png

Was also wondering how far are you into my game? plus any thoughts on it.

Well like I said due to me increasing the size. Of th snes tiles, which are bigger than 33X32 px, it would look gint with your size characters, now if you wanted DW III GBC tiles and FF VI GBA tiles meshed, that would be a lot easier and more pleasing to look at. Plus I could get the new tile sets similar to the default layout, if I gave you mine you may get aggrivated to the extent of the remapping due to how I set up my tile order (lava placed where water should be etc). Like I said just give me time.

I can't seem to make it far, the black dragons are the bane to my existence. Speaking of sprites, are you going to keep the NES sprites? I only ask because they look odd next to other more in depth sprites you have, personally i'd do one or the other,. If you do keep the NES sprites you should fix them so their eyes aren't transparent.

Heroesque sprites I have

Terry DWM

Milayou DWM

Cobi DWM2

Tara DWM2

Loto 2nd gen DW

PoL DW II

PoC DW II

PoM DW II

Well like I said due to me increasing the size. Of th snes tiles, which are bigger than 33X32 px, it would look gint with your size characters, now if you wanted DW III GBC tiles and FF VI GBA tiles meshed, that would be a lot easier and more pleasing to look at. Plus I could get the new tile sets similar to the default layout, if I gave you mine you may get aggrivated to the extent of the remapping due to how I set up my tile order (lava placed where water should be etc). Like I said just give me time.

I can't seem to make it far, the black dragons are the bane to my existence. Speaking of sprites, are you going to keep the NES sprites? I only ask because they look odd next to other more in depth sprites you have, personally i'd do one or the other,. If you do keep the NES sprites you should fix them so their eyes aren't transparent.

Heroesque sprites I have

Terry DWM

Milayou DWM

Cobi DWM2

Tara DWM2

Loto 2nd gen DW

PoL DW II

PoC DW II

PoM DW II

Sure, that works to put the DWIII & FFVI GBA Tilesets Meshed together. NES Sprites? I don't have any NES Sprites, I only have 2 SNES Sprites(Kain & Paladin Cecil), I'd like to use a bunch of different sprites and put them in one sprite sheet for the playable characters, but I'm not so good at doing that.

I meant the monster sprites, in battle

Ohh, oops, i plan to keep using them. My original story had the FFVI & DQIV Worlds combined, so the monsters would be from both games. I know it isn't perfect, but I don't plan to change anything.

I don't mind waiting for the Tilesets anyways, since I'll probably just use them for the Post-game content for my game.

You can't use them just for post game, my tile sets overwrite the RTP which means remapping is a must, but I tried to keep them as similar as possible so only limited work needs to be done. Most of them are done if you want them still.

You can't use them just for post game, my tile sets overwrite the RTP which means remapping is a must, but I tried to keep them as similar as possible so only limited work needs to be done. Most of them are done if you want them still.

Oh, I may do that in a seperate file then to see how much remapping I really have to do.

Its not too bad. Main issue is the world map tiles an some of the town type tiles, qick fixes really, just pick new tile type and the floodtool andbam presto. Changing the event npc sprites will take more time

Things are going well, should have the main game complete barring any major setbacks by Wednesday.