a useful question!

how does the tags for DQMJ2 work in conjunction with DQIX/DQVI?

is it possible to get the monsters from DQIX into DQMJ2?

how would i get barbarus, corvus, nokturnus, etc?

i plan on gettin the game this month (sorry starfox, street fighter, tetris axis and poke rumble blast, ull have to wait.......unless things go to crap with the game then helloooooostarfox!!!) and would like some details/insight on how to get the monsters listed above.

i know the game is similar to pokemon with DQ characters but a lil more detail in creating the so called "ultimate" team would be great as well. (to be honest i didnt play DQMJ1. i played around with it a couple times but eh.........all the events were pretty much gone)

Well as far as i know you can tag to get monsters from DQIX and DQVI the barbarus event just paseed to get Nokturnus you need a Dr Snapped and Dhuran

Put both into tag mode, and Joker 2 will detect that there is 9 data going around. You will get one of 4 random enemies. Teeny Sanguini, Slime Stack, Shogum...and I don't remember the fourth.

Put both into tag mode, and Joker 2 will detect that there is 9 data going around. You will get one of 4 random enemies. Teeny Sanguini, Slime Stack, Shogum...and I don't remember the fourth.

And slime stack. :P

I said that. I think the fourth is Trauminator, but I could be wrong.

...and somehow I read your "slime stack" as a completely different monster. Bleh...

The list of 9 and 6's taggable monsters is in another topic, I think. At least, I'm pretty sure it was, I think I saw a list briefly somewhere in the middle of a topic.

EDIT: Found it. http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21341&view=findpost&p=319300

well that sucks. wanted barbarus and nokturnus in my party. o well guess ill pick it up next month n see if i can tag with ppl who are willing.............or not. i dont think itd be worth it or fun for me if i didnt have those 2.........

well that sucks. wanted barbarus and nokturnus in my party. o well guess ill pick it up next month n see if i can tag with ppl who are willing.............or not. i dont think itd be worth it or fun for me if i didnt have those 2.........

Nokturnus you can still get, Barbarus would be a bit of a problem. There was a Barbarus event this past Thursday at Nintendo World, but now you have to get him by coming in 1st-100th in the Super Scout tournament. Nokturnus takes Dr. Snapped to make, so you need to use your Crow to get him.

who the heck is dr snapped? i might make a thread on how to get nokturnus in DQMJ2. thats if my request was heeded and making a help section.........

who the heck is dr snapped? i might make a thread on how to get nokturnus in DQMJ2. thats if my request was heeded and making a help section.........

Dr. Snapped is a story boss monster in the last Joker game. The answer on how to get Nokturnus AND Dr Snapped resides in the synthesizing search hosted here. http://www.woodus.com/den/games/dqm5ds/synthesizing.php

aw damn it so i gotta get the last joker game to get dr snapped and dhuran? if i cant get nokturnus in dqmj2 im not gonna bother pickin it up.......srry

There is NO trading or transferring between Joker 1 and Joker 2, so no, you don't have to have Joker.

The question you asked was "who the heck is dr snapped?" and the answer is that he was a plot boss in the first Joker. He's completely accessible in Joker 2, but requires a complicated set of breeds.

You are limited to one "Captain Crow" monster per game without tagging. (Boss in DQ8, if you're curious.) You need to use your only one to get the Dr Snapped so that you can get the Nokturnus you want.

But you are perfectly capable of getting Nokturnus if you so desire.

alright so i can still get ol nokturnus. sweet!!! but i know dhuran is needed. was reading on how to make dhuran. a yabby and something else like zoma, etc. man i guess ill need to pick up the game....

alright thanks for that info.

thanks everyone. u have convinced me to go and buy the game.....

Yeah, Dhuran is the top generic demon. since you haven't started yet, the easy way to get one would be to grab a demon family monster early game and keep upgrading it to new forms as you progress through the game. Eventually it'll become a Dhuran. I did something similar to make a Demon-at-arms that I could synth to make a Dhuran right now if I wanted.

thats good to know. i recruited a dracky so thats the first start lol. tryna figure out what else i could synth to get dhuran. nokturnus will have to wait i guess

well i got dhuran. i keep synthing and retain abilities. my dhuran is Rank a + 12. the higher the + is the higher his stats will be

Archived