Sign in to follow this  
Deiser

Any database for DQVI save files for tagging?

Hello,

I am in the middle of playing Dragon Quest 6 on my DS, and it just dawned on me that, aside from completing the game, many of the monsters won't be available to me unless I get 10/20/etc tags. I've checked many sites to find some saves and also searched here (which resulted in finding two I could use) but for some odd reason DQ6 just does not seem to have many saves no matter where I look.

Would anyone know where I could find some saves? The reason I don't want to wait until finishing the main game is because outside of any bonus dungeon I don't tend to continue to play rpgs (not sure why either, it's just an odd habit), so I'd like to get some use out of some of the slimes.

Thank you again!

Unfortunately, we don't have a Save Archive for that game. It's not a bad idea though. It would be interesting to see how many save files we could get for all games that require tagging (or heck, just all games in general).

Plattym3 used to run a save shrine a while back, but the site went down. Anyway, that pre-dates DQ6DS, so that won't be much help to us anyway.

I've got a couple of save files (actually, I have 62) for Dragon Quest 6 DS that span my two play-through's of that game. If you say you got your save files from the Den, I am guessing you already have those though, because I don't know of anyone else who has posted their DQ6 save files.

Anyway, all of that is just to say that I think we should definitely start collecting save files.

Not a bad idea at all, would make going back to find a part in the game easier if we had a bunch of save files for each one out there.

Plattym3 used to run a save shrine a while back, but the site went down. Anyway, that pre-dates DQ6DS, so that won't be much help to us anyway.

Ah, the Savestate Shrine! Yes, that site sucked at hosting. So many better places that could host it now, but alas, mine is no more :-(

Not a bad idea at all, would make going back to find a part in the game easier if we had a bunch of save files for each one out there.

I DO however think I may have some of those savestates floating around on my computer (heck, I'm 33 and I still have old high school reports and such in my nice neat filing system here about 6 computers later). Didn't think you could host them back in the day. Would Nintendo be OK with you having them now?

We have states for IX and they haven't complained yet.

Keep in mind that you cannot tag the same "game" more than once. (From my experience, if "HeroA" has been dreamcarded by you, even if you shove a HeroA save from a later point in the game onto a different cart, you still will not be able to tag it.)

I learned this the hard way from all of the demo copies of DQ6 with the hero "Peter", if I recall correctly. They were ALL the same save file, so I could only tag it once, even though there were like 6 DSes running the game. (This was at PAX East. And I believe another con I went to. Probably NYCC.)

If I recall correctly, you're also able to tag yourself. (If you shoved your save onto another cart.)

So we'd actually need 20 playthroughs to make this work. This wouldn't be so bad except that you have to get almost half-way through the game in order to tag. >_<

I'm actually wondering what happens if you start a new game but cheat to fill in your zoom list, and zoom straight to Suite Dreams. Will you be able to dreamcard share without having done most of the essential plot? If that's the case, then we can have a bunch of dummy saves for tagging purposes.

Edited by RPG Wizard

If I´m not entirely mistaken:

If you´re talking about the slimes in-game, you can actually get them without tagging. </p><p>You need to have beaten Mortamor (play on a starred save file) first though. Check the monster recruitment guide under DQVI (DS) on the main site.

Normally I'd suggest Gamefaqs, but post anything homebrew-related there and expect a moderation by some smartass purist.

http://www.uniquegeeks.net/ - Download some saves (if there is any) from Gamefaqs and convert them with the tool found on the site I'm linking here.

There aren't any, last I checked.

And Snigeln, that removes the entire point. If I have to beat the game to get the characters, they'll be behind, and I won't have a second Magic Burster for the "you have 5 rounds to win this fight" fight, which I'd like to win for the sake of it.

Well, in any case, we should start collecting saves for each game. I will get organized and send everything I have to Woodus soon. I am only one man though, so for tagging purposes, hopefully we can sniff out some more save files.

There aren't any, last I checked.

And Snigeln, that removes the entire point. If I have to beat the game to get the characters, they'll be behind, and I won't have a second Magic Burster for the "you have 5 rounds to win this fight" fight, which I'd like to win for the sake of it.

Point taken.

Good luck getting those tags! :)

Oh wow, I never expected there to be this much enthusiasm for the concept during the time I was gone! If you guys are still up for it, we could try gathering some files. For example, i still have the one (the other was bugged) that I found on the net I could upload. Mine isn't far enough in the game to get tagged yet (this is more in preparation than anything) but I'll upload that when I get to that area.

I bought DQ6 but never really played it for months, but I did on my AceKard when it was first released. I just started playing my legit copy but I have the old save state on my AceKard...I'm pretty sure I was up to the tagging portion of the game. I think I stopped after I realized I screwed up and could not recruit a certain character. I'll gladly donate if need be because I'd love to do the exact same thing everyone else wants.

Cool, that's a great idea. Would you like to upload the file somewhere and then we can start getting this DQ6 (and other game) tagging stuff going? I have been a bit busy lately, but getting this save file section going is definitely on my to-do list.

Cool, that's a great idea. Would you like to upload the file somewhere and then we can start getting this DQ6 (and other game) tagging stuff going? I have been a bit busy lately, but getting this save file section going is definitely on my to-do list.

While I'm not sure if it's a feature, I have saves from DQIV, V, VI, and IX. Is there any use for IV and V?

While I'm not sure if it's a feature, I have saves from DQIV, V, VI, and IX. Is there any use for IV and V?

Yep, there is tag-mode in DQ4, 5, 6 and 9 for the DS. Those save files would be awesome. Thanks!

I had some Japanese saves. But it's not able to tag DQ6 each other in different language carts.

That is to say, if I share the files, you need to load those Japanese saves with English cart.

Luckily, the Japanese character names displayed properly in English cart. That means you can tag them without risk when loading them in English cart.

Contact me if you want those save files (all in 512KB .sav format). My e-mail is melongx@qq.com

Cool, that would be great. You can send them to me at KingZenithDen (at) gmail (dot) com.

Thanks!