Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 Monster Scout Tournament - First Round

King Zenith

j2tourney_500.png

Welcome to our Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 Monster Scout Tournament. The quest to find the Dragon’s Den Monster Scout Champion begins right now as our 16 participants square-off to see who has been putting their scout ring to good use.

Here is the tournament bracket and schedule.

Contact your opponent and arrange for a battle via private message. Once you have completed your battle, post the results in this thread. Feel free to post photos or videos of the battle or battle outcome in this thread as well. Once all of the results are in, the bracket will be updated.

Note that opponents who are unable or unwilling to participate will be disqualified. Any concerns with the scheduling or conduct of the battles should be directed to Woodus, Dwaine or King Zenith who will decide how to proceed. You will have until Oct. 9, 2011, at 3 p.m. PST to post the results of your battle.

The second qualifying round will commence on Oct. 10, 2011, at 10:00 a.m. PST.

Good luck scouts!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a quick reminder, please use the Standard Rules for each battle. The rules list should read:

Length: No Limit

Orders: On

Switch Monsters: Off

Same Type: On

Turn Time: 30 seconds

Also, Weapons are not to be used during these battles.

We would also like to make everyone aware that Warez is the official Tournament Marshall for this competition. He will be doing his best to scout out potential cheaters and report any suspect activity.

To that end, before each match-up, each participant will be required to send their current competing team data to Warez via private message. You will be required to give him the following for each monster on your team:

i) Monster name

ii) Level

iii) All Skillsets, and # of points in each

iv) All stats, including HP, MP, STR, DEF, AGL, WIS

v) Pedigree for the monster (parents and grandparents if synthed, or location scouted if not synthed)

He will use this info to determine as best he is able whether the team composition is legitimate. As a bonus, we will then be able to report this information to the forum after the match-up has been completed so that everyone can see the gory details of who battled who, with what team and what the result was.

We encourage participants to record their match-ups via video if they are able, or even just by keeping a written log of what happened if video recording is not possible. It would be great to have the participants share these videos and / or descriptions of their battles after the match-ups. In the event that someone feels cheated or is somehow the victim of foul play, these videos and transcripts can be used by Woodus, Dwaine and I to attempt to settle the dispute. In the absence of any evidence, disputes that can't be settled privately between the two participants may be settled by Woodus, Dwaine, Warez and myself using any methods we deem suitable. This may involve just looking at the team compositions and taking a vote, or running a simulation or some other method.

Above all, we want to be fair. We ask that participants battle honorably. We recognize that connections can be legitimately lost, but intentionally severing connections when a loss is impending will not be looked upon with lenience in this competition. If a connection is lost and both parties agree that it seemed accidental, a rematch should take place immediately. If a dispute arises about the nature of a connection loss, contact Woodus, Dwaine and I via private message and we can help settle the matter.

Again, if you are able to, it would be best to protect yourself by recording the battle with as much detail as possible (video is obviously best, but not always possible).

Additional circumstances will be dealt with as they come up. If anyone needs further clarification on how to go about their battles, please feel free to ask questions in this thread or to send a PM to King Zenith, Dwaine, Woodus or Warez and we will do our best to answer it quickly.

Good luck to everyone! May the best Scout win.

must we tell him the weapon equipped or are those not allowed?

Hmmm, I didn't think weapons were allowed during the WiFi battles. Can anyone confirm that for me? Either way, weapons will not be allowed during this tournament and thus you will not need to report them to Warez.

Just to make sure that everything worked as planned after a player posted their battles result I will post the two Players teams

and if you find yourself in the situation that you fought another team than the one I posted, protest.

I declare that Sir Dragoon has won fair and square, he shall advance.

My poor Dhoulmagus got pounded to death, lol.

I will train harder for upcoming events, see you all next time, and good luck to everybody!

So the first matches have been decided!

Lfooboo vs. Sir Dragoon won by... Sir Dragoon

Lfooboos Monsters: Dullahan, Dhuran and Dhoulmagus not maxed but on a good way to it could sadly not stand the power

of Sir Dragoons Dhuran, Wailing Weed and Mamboh-Jamboh. They were not maxed either but hell they did it!

Thank you for participating Lfooboo and see you in the next tournament!

Gratz for Sir Dragoon who is moving on to the second round.

Drake vs. Geminate won by ... Drake!

Drakes team featured a maxed Xenlon supported by a quite strong Dark Slime Knight. Geminates Drakee, Nardragon and She Slime gave it their best shot but got overpowered in the end. Drake send me a battle report so let us dive into that epic fight!

"Battle log:

Xenlon- Tactics: show no mercy

Dark Slime Knight- Tactics: Focus on healing

Turn 1

(Fight)

Xenlon (Drake) attacks Nardragon (Geminate).

Nardragon (Geminate) dies.

Dark Slime Knight (Drake) attacks Drackey (Germinate).

Drackey (Geminate) dies.

She Slime (Geminate) casts Buff.

Turn 2

(Fight)

Xenlon (Drake) attacks She Slime (Geminate).

She Slime dies (Geminate).

Winner: Drake

A close battle, but my Xenlon was just barely able to break past She Slime's defenses after that Buff. :)"

Thank you for sharing that with us Drake and gratz for moving to the second round!

And Geminate: Stay tuned for more tourneys and thank you for participating in our tourney!

Ha ha. Awesome, thanks for the descriptions. I have updated the bracket in the original post (or find it here) to reflect these latest developments.

Hopefully the remaining battles will go as smoothly as these did. To the competitors, if you haven't already made contact with your opponent to arrange for the battle, please do so as soon as you can.

Thanks!

Looks great, nice that it´s started. All this make me want to play the game even more! Just 3 more days ´til it arrives here. :D

Good luck everyone, may the best scout win!!

For the rules I noticed this: "Turn Time: No Limit." If one tries to customize the ruleset he/she will not find that option. There is only a choice between 15 seconds and 30 seconds. Someone might want to revise the rules.

For the rules I noticed this: "Turn Time: No Limit." If one tries to customize the ruleset he/she will not find that option. There is only a choice between 15 seconds and 30 seconds. Someone might want to revise the rules.

I just checked and what you said seems to be true. There is no way to make the turnpreparation time endless (or even over 30 seconds).

We are currently revising the rules to see to that.

Well well we have another fighter who will move on into the second round of the Tournament!

Kalethe Quest Mister vs. Hunter328 won by ... Hunter!

It must have been an epic fight between Kales Jargon, She-Slime and Golden Golem and Hunters Cockateer, Buffleogre and Demon-At-Arms.

Imagine rounds of senseless slaughter and selfless healing action (or something like that)!

In the end Hunters Monsters were able to do it and push Kale out of the Tourney!

Gratz to Hunter for Moving on the second round!

And Kale make sure you train hard and show your face again in the next Tournament for Slime (T-Shirts) and Glory!

Kaizzereich won, killing my Abyss Diver in the first round, and then my poor Red Dragon the second. I have unsteady video of it if there is anyway I can submit it (no youtube account)

Kaizzereich won, killing my Abyss Diver in the first round, and then my poor Red Dragon the second. I have unsteady video of it if there is anyway I can submit it (no youtube account)

Allright the next battle has been decided!

Mimas vs. Kaizerreich won by ... Kaiserreich!

As said above Mimas team featured an Abyss Diver and a mighty Red Dragon. Kaizerreich entered the battleground with maxed Xenlon, supportet by a very mean maxed Nokturnus.

As Kaizerreich told me his Xenlon kazzapled the Abyss Diver into the next hopefully more merciful world and his Nokturnus Helm Splittered Red Dragon Defenses so that the next round Xenlon could take a huge bite (actually a lethal one) out of the tasty Red Dragon!

Gratz to Kaizerreich for moving on to the second Round.

And Mimas make sure to train hard and come back for the next tourney to show Kaizerreich what monsterbashing means!

How big is the file? See if you can attach it to your post.

Archived