Team building and strategies

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanted a place where we could ask each other for recommendations on our teams or giant monsters or to give advice on building a team or giant monster, as well as help with Wi-Fi teams.   Sagitta

Sure Zenith Dragon is no bad skillset. You will have to keep in mind though that it will make him using his first and possibly even his second attack for Breath attacks. If you like that then cut out

What monsters are you using? (that 86 will eventually result in a successful scout eventually)

• 2 weeks later...

(if you check back on this and the stats have changes thats beacuse after i train i update the stats of my team members so it can help you all out with helping me out)I haven't gone onto wifi yet in DQMJ2 and i would like help with my team before my first go at wifi so that i don't get obliterated in the first match(i am used to the wifi of DQMJ where the farthest i got in the wifi is the second match where i lost) and i don't want that to happen again and the only thing i haven't beat is the 3rd and final incarnus form beacuse i haven't been able to fight it in a while beacuse it hasen't wanted to appear,so my team is...

Captain crow +10 Lv: 60

HP: 627 MP: 479 Att: 668 Def: 658 Agil: 635 Wis: 364

Skills:

Captain Crow(100)

Crack & Sizz III(100)

Dragon Lore(100)

10 leftover

Dracolord +12 Lv: 58

HP: 660 MP: 447 Att: 539 Def: 567 Agil: 517 Wis: 559

Skills:

Bang & Zam III(100)

Thunderwind Slashes(100)

Anti-metal(100)

6 leftover

Metal King Slime +10 Lv: 44

HP: 56 MP: 729 Att: 358 Def: 817 Agil: 784 Wis: 500

Skills:

Cure-all(100)

Healer(100)

Fortifier(43)

Side team:

(i really don't have to use my side team much at all thats why there so low in levels and also most of the time monsters in the side party are not there and their there for exp)

Black dragon +5 Lv: 33

HP: 467 MP: 134 Att: 415 Def: 387 Agil: 267 Wis: 159

Dark Knight(48)

Attack Boost III(75)

Dragon Lore(64)

Gemon +5 lv: 31

HP: 501 MP: 205 Att: 427 Def: 338 Agil: 328 Wis: 189

Healer(100)

Antimagic II(10)

Wisdom Boost II(23)

Bombardier(18)

Edited by Dragonmist19

Post it. Let's see what else you have to work with.

Edited by Democrobot

i added the side team and my metal king slime leveled up so i changed that(and dose it matter that those are that stats without weapons)

I am going to be testing the team out tommorow so i will train up my team some then post the levels when i finished with training

Edited by Dragonmist19

Take a look here:

http://www.woodus.com/den/games/dqm5ds/specialsynthonly.php

and here:

http://www.woodus.com/den/games/dqm5ds/monsters_companions.php

That data will tell you which monsters have which stats/traits and how to synth them. And, if you want to get into resistances:

http://www.woodus.com/den/games/dqm5ds/monsters_resistances.php

I'm not too sure what your battle strategies/style is, go I'm hoping that these pages will help. But an FYI, Nightclubber makes for a beastly attacker, Wight King can be either Mage or Healer(NOT BOTH), and a Metal King can be a monster that can be selfless and take all the blows(provided it has Uber Health Boost).

well in joker 1 i want with a offensive team with a healer and i am aiming for the same type of thing here,and i am going to test out my team tommorow then see how that works out then change it from there

but i do know some of the skills i want to get for my party

i know for my healer i want hawkheart III,crusader and uber health boost.

For my main attacker i want to get attack boost III

and i am thinking of making my third person(dracolord) a mage or someone to set up stuff like kabuff,oomph and ping(so for that i would get fortifier some other skill and something that gives me kurplunk,mayby i will make the third thing bang and zam III)

but i am used to predicting thanks to pokemon.

and the pages will help allot and the synth page has helped me out allot(thats actually one of the reasons i re-found the dragons den,i had found it once when i was trying to synth when i played dqmj1 and then i found everything i needed so i had stopped going here till about now) and i will try out making a team with a night clubber and a white king on it once i get a chance to(but what do i get uber health boost from again).

And one last thing,would it help me out in any way if i used lower ranked monsters instead of rank a and s monsters?

Edited by Dragonmist19

It all depends on which rank you want to get into.

http://www.woodus.com/den/games/dqm5ds/wifi_prizes.php <-----List of wi-fi prizes. The lower the rank of the monsters, the lower the scout rank competition.

well i tried and it said i was a ultra scout...and decided i needed to try something else(or i am just overacting and just need to train up my current team to level 100)

I got an idea of the team i am going to use:

(for night clubber i am going for a good attacker and also something that can also take a good amount of hits and dish out hits also

night clubber

warrior(100)

Bolsterer(100)

Cluboon III(100)

(for dhoulmagus i wanted a mage that could also set up oomphs)

dhoulmagus

Dholmagus/Bad Breath(100)

Wolfspade III/missing lynx(100)

Uber Mage(100)

(for white king i just wanted a healer that could protect itself if needed)

white king

Hawkheart III/uber healer(100)

Aquapothecary/(100)

priest/Uber health boost(100)

(thanks for awnsering my question about crusader and cursader)

(and thanks for awnsering my questions about big banga)

Edited by Dragonmist19

Uhm. Big Bang does Bang and Zam damage. It is an skill so damage is generally determined by level. There are exceptions where they are stronger with certain stats, like multifists and Oomph. But Big Bang isn't one of them.

(i was going to put crusader on it but when i got crusader from turtored soul is was compleatly different from the crusader skill i know,the one on balhib...why is it different)

They're 2 different sets.

Crusader

http://www.woodus.co...on=Submit Query

And Cursader

http://www.woodus.co...on=Submit Query

Edited by Democrobot

i just noticed the difference in the names,but i still wonder why that night clubber had big banga

Edited by Dragonmist19

hmm...No skillset has Big Bang and Kazing. So I can't trace them. Odds are it had Ãœber Attack Boost.

Hmm. Bing Banga comes from

• Zoma,
  • Flute Warrior,
  • Sage,
  • Uber Zapologist,
  • Rigor Mortex

Kazing comes from

• Sage,
  • Healer,
  • Cleanser,
  • Diamagon 2,
  • Hawkhart 3
  • Duel Duellers
  • Uber Healer

It seems as though Big Banga and Kazing can come from the Sage skillset.

i had just assumed that it had one skillset with big banga,one with kazing and then something else

• 1 month later...

Okay guys. I would like to make a Ruin, but I'm not too sure what to give it. Any ideas?

Okay guys. I would like to make a Ruin, but I'm not too sure what to give it. Any ideas?

I have a ruin,

the skillset I use is:

healer

slimer (for steady recovery)

woosh ward

defence boost III (probably gunna change but dont know for what yet)

ruin

I don't know if it's a good build for him but it seems to work well for me

I'm making my first team for wireless, and I was thinking of going with this:

Nokturnus(Main Attacker) with Uber Attack, Attack 3 and warrior.

King Bubble Slime(Will probably turn into Zoma later) with Uber Heal, Uber Defense and Uber HP

Overkilling Machine(Support/Secondary Attacker) with Champion, Agility 3(for speed and HP), and maybe uber knight

Any thoughts?