Team building and strategies

Well he now has Uber Health Boost (100%) Uber Breathe (100%) Uber Healer (100%)

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanted a place where we could ask each other for recommendations on our teams or giant monsters or to give advice on building a team or giant monster, as well as help with Wi-Fi teams.   Sagitta

Sure Zenith Dragon is no bad skillset. You will have to keep in mind though that it will make him using his first and possibly even his second attack for Breath attacks. If you like that then cut out

Well he now has Uber Health Boost (100%) Uber Breathe (100%) Uber Healer (100%)

Set on "Show No mercy" murdaw will be using scorch and ccoldbreath most often, but set on "Mix it Up" will be using magic barrier/mist me/ bemusing breath/burning breath/venom breath. You may feel like one of the skillsets becomes useless depending on what AI setting you are on.

well today i got the results of the weeks challange in super scout ended up as 105 even though i lost 3-4 matches all week so seems i need some help with my team set up i was using

Exorsus lvl 35

with

exorsus (60 points to Kasizzle)

uber healer (56 points to kazing)

uber health (max)

agility 3 (75 points)

Balhib lvl 31

with

uber attack (max)

champion (52 points to meditation)

not sure what to put as a 3rd skill was thinking either attack 3 or some boost to agility just not sure. any change ideas to skills or maybe some other guys that may do better. any suggestions would be helpful as i enter another week of trying to get barbarus from super scout.

Edit: was thinking of doing

Balhib

uber attack

attack 3

uber knight

Archdemon

cleric

uber health

uber agility

King cure slime

uber healer

ablitorator ward

uber health boost

any recomendations are welcome was just thinking that this could also work as a good setup. any other skill suggestions would be lovely and thx to all in advance that can help out.

Edited by wcsalucard

Huh. I lost 6 matches this week, and ended up Rank 61 in Super Scout.

I used an Imp (Frizz Bang 3, Uber Agility, Uber Health), a Firespirit (Frizz Woosh 3/switched to Missing Lynx for Cremate/May switch for Fire 3, Agility 3, Uber Health), King Cureslime (Uber Healer, Abiliterator Ward, Bang Zap 3)

well today i got the results of the weeks challange in super scout ended up as 105 even though i lost 3-4 matches all week so seems i need some help with my team set up i was using

Exorsus lvl 35

with

exorsus (60 points to Kasizzle)

uber healer (56 points to kazing)

uber health (max)

agility 3 (75 points)

Balhib lvl 31

with

uber attack (max)

champion (52 points to meditation)

not sure what to put as a 3rd skill was thinking either attack 3 or some boost to agility just not sure. any change ideas to skills or maybe some other guys that may do better. any suggestions would be helpful as i enter another week of trying to get barbarus from super scout.

Edit: was thinking of doing

Balhib

uber attack

attack 3

uber knight

Archdemon

cleric

uber health

uber agility

King cure slime

uber healer

ablitorator ward

uber health boost

any recomendations are welcome was just thinking that this could also work as a good setup. any other skill suggestions would be lovely and thx to all in advance that can help out.

How many points did you finish with for the week and how much of that was Away points? Compared to RPGwizards setup you are a using a bit higher ranking monsters, so although you both lost ~ the same amount of matches for the week, he was ranked higher still. What tactics are your monsters set on when you register? Id imagine you are going show no mercy/show no mercy?

And yes Id drop the exorsus, add in a few low ranking monsters with your team, and make sure you can heal your team up every round with your healer.

Edited by Peeto

Managed to go a solid 4/5 every day last week, won me a metal kaiser slime and ranked in at 123rd.

One question though,

Why is everyone so fond of the boulder tossers? Is it like the overpowered move for the game?

Boulder Toss is Bang and Donk damage. Attack Magicproof only blocks Bang, so it goes through. Furthermore, because almost nothing runs donk resistance, Crafty Donkers can do more damage with it. Lastly, it doesn't count as a spell or a normal physical, so Bouncer and Counteractivist get hit by it too.

In other words: It does just enough damage to be dangerous when spammed, and is otherwise a hole in most teams' armor.

For WMC:

Had an idea and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how viable this would be before I put it together. Well the Hargon I already have hanging out.

Exorsus:

Wisdom Boost III 75

Exorsus to kasizzle

Bjorn 100 hp gambit and comeback kid

Agility Boost III 75

Hargon:

Agility Boost III 100

Cleric 100

Defense Boost III 100

For WMC:

Had an idea and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how viable this would be before I put it together. Well the Hargon I already have hanging out.

Exorsus:

Wisdom Boost III 75

Exorsus to kasizzle

Agility Boost III 75

Hargon:

Agility Boost III 100

Cleric 100

Defense Boost III 100

What division are you shooting for? And what tactics will you have your monsters set on?

Currently gonna try a team for ultra scout cus i don't like getting -7 using night clubber and nimzo

Bahlib

Thunderwind Slashes

Uber Attack

Attack 3

Metal Slime

Fortifier

Uber Healer

Uber Health

Brownie

Anti-Metal

Uber Health

Poison Ward/Uber Attack (more atk or more health/steady recovery)

Dunno if the metal slime will actually cast oomph with that setup, want it so spam oomph and kazing with the occasional omniheal

also no idea about the brownie, even with 775 or 805 HP will it even survive long enough to get in a hatchet man on the occasional metal, shouldn't really get targetted by anything other than aoes cus of the metal and bahlib

any tips to make this better?

For WMC:

Exorsus:

Wisdom Boost III 75

Exorsus to kasizzle

Agility Boost III 75

Hargon:

Agility Boost III 100

Cleric 100

Defense Boost III 100

What division are you shooting for? And what tactics will you have your monsters set on?

Was going to alternate Hargon between show no mercy and healer as needed, and have exorsus show no mercy.

Possibly looking at scout/super scout/ultra scout league depending on how I place this week with Hargon Beetlebully and random monster that dies off quickly.

For WMC:

Exorsus:

Wisdom Boost III 75

Exorsus to kasizzle

Agility Boost III 75

Hargon:

Agility Boost III 100

Cleric 100

Defense Boost III 100

Was going to alternate Hargon between show no mercy and healer as needed, and have exorsus show no mercy.

Possibly looking at scout/super scout/ultra scout league depending on how I place this week with Hargon Beetlebully and random monster that dies off quickly.

The team will be somewhat penalized if you aim for the division they best fit into (super scout/mega scout). Without uber health boosts, I can't say with great certainty that youll last in any of the higher divisions. In super scout, if you can manage to get a kasizzle off for 450+ damage coupled with a gigagash for 400ish, you would be in business. Figure out how much damage youre team can put out, while staying in the division you want and if that number can wipe a ~850-900 health monster in one round, you're in business. You may need to replace wis3 with uber wisdom boost. I've ran into an Exorsus in mega scout who did a 500+ damage Kasizzle coupled with a second monsters attack that nearly wiped my whole team in one round.

If you are aiming for the top 100, see how you place the first day, and if you dont place near the top 100, rethink you're team, see what other teams are using in terms of tactics & composition, and formulate a team based off that. I recently had to do that in Ultra Scout.

I was running Black Dragon, Liquid Metal Slime and an Overkilling Machine (5/5 - 100pts turned into 55pts) so I reformed to a Great Dragon/Metal Slime/Hyper Heyedra and was rank 55th the following day. So there is time during the week to adjust if you are quick about it.

Edited by Peeto

Currently gonna try a team for ultra scout cus i don't like getting -7 using night clubber and nimzo

Bahlib

Thunderwind Slashes

Uber Attack

Attack 3

Metal Slime

Fortifier

Uber Healer

Uber Health

Brownie

Anti-Metal

Uber Health

Poison Ward/Uber Attack (more atk or more health/steady recovery)

Dunno if the metal slime will actually cast oomph with that setup, want it so spam oomph and kazing with the occasional omniheal

also no idea about the brownie, even with 775 or 805 HP will it even survive long enough to get in a hatchet man on the occasional metal, shouldn't really get targetted by anything other than aoes cus of the metal and bahlib

any tips to make this better?

I currently run a very similar setup for Ultra Scout. My Great Dragon is similar to your Balhib, and my Hyper Heyedra is similar to your Brownie. My great dragon ends up with a little over 900 health. So does my heyedra.

In my experience this week, 95% of teams are attack all magic based. Your Brownie will be taking melee attacks on occasion. I setup my Heyedra with Uber Healer, Uber Health, and defense III set on focus healing. His job is to main heal, at the tail end of the round. He will melee attack for minimal damage if the AI detects we can survive one full round at our current hp. I wouldn't worry about giving him any attack sets, your balhib will be able to take down most metals.

My metal slime is used to oomph spam (theoretically), and offheal when needed; he is set to mix it up. He is setup with Uber Health, Uber healer, and anti-metal (pts up to oomph). Ideally I would use Hawkhart III instead of uber healer so I would have a higher chance to cast Oomph. Metal Slime (with my setup) needs to heal ~20% of his turns). With Uber Healer - metal slime casts Magic Barrier most often (which is still ok), then mist me, then oomph, then dodgy dance. With the Hawkhart III setup he would most likely cast Oomph first, then reheal, then acelerate/wave of relief when needed. With your setup, your Metal Slime AI will have ping/buff/acelerate/dodgydance/magicbarrier/oomph/mist me to chose from, so his oomph chances are a little low, but the AI detects situations and casts accordingly so you never know. Let me know how it works for you!

The Great Dragon is simply used to smash people, take an oomph, and pretty much one shot alot of single size monsters. doin anywhere from 500-1100 damage.

The main idea of your team will be to get an oomph on your balhib, and survive until you can one shot, or slowly take down a monster (in the case of a team that can not outheal your damage). In the case of your Brownie dying, youre metal slime will kazing or heal on mix it up. This setup is pretty good in away battles, even if the opponent kills the two non metals in your squad, if its purely magic based, it wont be able to kill your metal slime, so itll be put into a perma kazing loop. Most human players wont spend an hour to finish the battle.

Uber Wisdom Boost Wonder Consturction Uber Healer Wildcard Leonyx <--- This for a Rigor Mortex Thoughts?

Edited by NeohopeSTF

Uber Wisdom Boost Wonder Consturction Uber Healer Wildcard Leonyx <--- This for a Rigor Mortex Thoughts?

Leonyx - comeback kid/magic regenerator/kafrizzle/frizz cracker/meditation

Wildcard - wind shear/lightning storm/tidal wave/cremate/boulder toss

Uber Healer - Megaheal/magic barrier/mist me/prezing

Uber wisdom - wisdom+

Wonder Constructionist - wicked waltz

If this is for WMC, my only concern would be the use of Wonder Constructionist. I feel like it could potentially benefit from Steady Recovery (depending on how much of your health it regens per turn on a large monster) or Uber health boost.

I think it might still be 100 HP Uber health Boost was what i thought to but i wanted to have Waltz

I think it might still be 100 HP Uber health Boost was what i thought to but i wanted to have Waltz

Actually, a steady recovery "healing 100 every turn" Would provide a greater benefit (more as turns go by) than Uber Health Boost (215health) as long as you

A. Not in danger of being killed in one one round

B. Can survive till your third round of turns (thus healing a total of 300 hp-assuming you move after you've taken some sort of damage)

But if you are decided on getting wicked waltz (super fun to use in stranger battles - AI won't use it though), then that is the way to go. Have fun with your Rigor mortex!!!

The first day that you enter in the WMC pits you against developer-made teams right?

Anyway, I've started working on a Archdemon with bang/frizz3 (show no mercy), and agi boost 3 and 2.

He will be entered into the Scout league along with my King Cure slime (mix it up) who uses cleric, defence3 and agi3.

Gigagash and kaboomle combined made me win all my day 1 matches, but those are allways easy. I'm trying to pump some more stats into them, but i gotta take care not to go up a rank...

Just took my new team online today(ultra scout)(Bahlib/Metal Slime/Brownie),

can say it works perfectly i'm quite happy with it won 4 lost 1

my metal slime uses oomph/magic barrier/mist me most often and my brownie uses oomph and psyche up(srsly why does it psyche up) and gets hit most for some reason. Nothing ever attacks my bahlib until the end, which is nice~ letting my metal slime kazing the brownie when it needs a meat shield, yeah it really does that.

Beat someone rank 21 too who had a great dragon, metal slime and anchorman, though for some odd reason the only thing their metal slime did was normal attack so it was kind of an easy win.

The lose was to a full hatchet man team, killed my metal slime on the first turn so i couldn't really fight it

The last fight made me smile i was against a nocturnus,wulfspace ace and night clubber and they kept missing my metal slime and after my bahlib took an oomph it went on to do 1156 dmg to wulfspace ace, then 1950 dmg to night clubber then 2000 dmg to nocturnus, doesn't get much better than that, dunno what was wrong with their stats ;)

84 victory points~ plus whatever i get for my rank Ds

btw my team name is Sizuka from GBR, fear my britishness

Edited by Marblelight

Yeah if they hatchet man your slime within the first round its pretty hard to come back from that. Hitting for nearly 2000 damage sounds like they had the HP Gambit (1defense). That damage is insane.

Today I logged on to find myself ranked #2 in my region. Team name is Peeto from California, US, fear my californianish!!! I am working on killing a rank 200+ Great Godbird, he is proving to be a nuissance!! The other giants were pushovers though for the most part:

Zenith Dragon (Rank 250+) "He just meleed me, so he went down easy, no idea why hes ranked higher than Leonyx"

Diamagon Ace + Xenlon (Rank 1100+) "Straight forward, oomph and watch them die"

Leonyx (Rank 1200+) - Kacrackleing for 490dmg, Kafrizzling for 700dmg. "Needed to survive round 1 and get a magic barrier off to win" Or if my team was wiped, my metal slime could kazing + magic barrier before the Leonyx moved again. It was all about getting lucky with Leonyx's tac trooper.

Saggitar ( Rank 400+) - "Big banga + kasizzle, Not too difficult." Magic Barrier and Omniheal pretty much covered it.

Great Godbird (Rank 219) - "CCCold Breath + Blizzard Slash + Melee Attack" Died within two oomphd Inferno Slashes. Killed my Hyper Heyedra first round, but wasnt smart enough to finish off my great dragon in round two, so he was toast.

EDIT: Great Godbird downnnnnnnnn.

In super scout yesterday, I bumped into a Barbarus. He managed to hit my Beetlebully (999 defense) for around 800 damage a turn, with non critical shadow slashes. I couldn't figure out a way to take him down with any combination of monsters.

Does that damage seem overly high?

Barbarus 1460 380 1000 990 860 740 Dragon Medium X Big Hitter Intimidating Crafty Donker None Vile Void