Team building and strategies

Dual Duallers has high hp and agility. With your Dual Duellers skillset as your main attack set, I would ditch champion and toss in either uber health boost, or agility 3.

For a secondary teammate I would try either a grim rider - with Hypnotist (put points only till you get to bemusing breath) , uber agility boost, agility 3 (so he goes first more often than not). Or you could go the pure healing route, and try an Angel Slime or a CureSlime. Pump them full of health and defense 3 + a healing skillset and let them support your dual duellers.

Either way, youll be needing to adjust your monsters stats so that they fit into the division you are aiming for.

If someone could help me out with this question that would be greatly appreciated.

I recently put together a maxed out orgodemir with CCCold Breath and Kazammle to hope to compete well in Ultra Scout division. Unfortunately the damage output vs the output of similar sized monsters isnt quite what I was looking for. (I could do the same amount of damage with lower ranked single size monsters). So my question is, are there any other cool/crafty/uncommonly used size 2 monsters out there you guys could suggest? I am really hell bent on finding a size 2 monster to build a team around. Thanks!

Edited by Peeto
  • Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanted a place where we could ask each other for recommendations on our teams or giant monsters or to give advice on building a team or giant monster, as well as help with Wi-Fi teams.   Sagitta

Sure Zenith Dragon is no bad skillset. You will have to keep in mind though that it will make him using his first and possibly even his second attack for Breath attacks. If you like that then cut out

thank you for your input

and another question if one is immune to bang are they immune to attacks like blast slash and gigagash

and are attacks like frizzcracker and wind shear stat-reliant or fixed damage?

Monsters immune to bang (and other variants) are not immune to blast slash (and other variants) I had a spitnik vs spitnik fight where the enemy was affected by blast slash (Spitnik absorbs bang damage, but has crafty banger so that could have affected it. I doubt it though). Metal body monsters are immune to everything with 'magical' properties.

Wind shear and the like do fixed damage similar to the breath attacks, and I would assume Pearly Gates and Frizz Cracker behave similarly.

Magic Burst is strange though. I have read that it is reflected by monsters that reflect breath and some dragons are immune to it.

EDIT: Frizzcracker is wisdom based, still not sure on the slashes and Magic Burst though.

Edited by Drake

thank you for your input

and another question if one is immune to bang are they immune to attacks like blast slash and gigagash

and are attacks like frizzcracker and wind shear stat-reliant or fixed damage?

Monsters immune to bang (and other variants) are not immune to blast slash (and other variants) I had a spitnik vs spitnik fight where the enemy was affected by blast slash (Spitnik absorbs bang damage, but has crafty banger so that could have affected it. I doubt it though). Metal body monsters are immune to everything with 'magical' properties.

Wind shear and the like do fixed damage similar to the breath attacks, and I would assume Pearly Gates and Frizz Cracker behave similarly.

Magic Burst is strange though. I have read that it is reflected by monsters that reflect breath and some dragons are immune to it.

Some slashes are multiple magic types. For example inferno slash is frizz and fire breath If I recall correctly. So that could be why blast slash does damage to spitniks.

Fizz Cracker is a wisdom based attacks, and fluctuates based on your level of wisdom.

Magic Burst has a type also, I just can not recall it currently.

Magic Burst was...Bang, I think? Or perhaps it was Zap? I know it had a type and thus could be meistered.

although I've never seen it do more than its maximum damage.

PS - anyone know of a High Agility, High Wisdom, 700+ HP monster with some magic immunities? Preferably rank S and below.

edit: ZOMA? I guess hes a rank ??? but hell get the job done.

Edited by Peeto

hello all curently im using

Balhib lvl 26 with

uber attack boost (max)

darklight slashes (max)

leonyx (55 points)

Exorsus lvl 31 with

exorsus (60 points)

uber healer (56 points)

uber health boost (max)

abiliterator ward (max)

im in super scout atm trying to get my first barbarus and was looking to see if anyone had any suggestions that may make my team a little better. if other stats would help i can post them just looking to get into the top 100. been going ok so far just been running into a lot of status breath attacks that have ended my teams before i could do anything. thx to any that reply.

Balhib lvl 26 with

uber attack boost (max)

darklight slashes (max)

leonyx (55 points)

Exorsus lvl 31 with

exorsus (60 points)

uber healer (56 points)

uber health boost (max)

abiliterator ward (max)

im in super scout atm trying to get my first barbarus and was looking to see if anyone had any suggestions that may make my team a little better. if other stats would help i can post them just looking to get into the top 100. been going ok so far just been running into a lot of status breath attacks that have ended my teams before i could do anything. thx to any that reply.

What rank in super scout are you currently?

I hate to say it, but that Leonyx skillset on your Balhib is kind of a waste. Balhibs have low wisdom compared to their attack. having multiple skillsets with attacks is most often a waste. I would drop the leonyx skillset (or better yet, synthesize another Balhib and use the following skillsets). Thunderwind Slashes (mercurial thrust), uber attack boost, attack 3. As for your Exorsus, I would recommend you drop abliterator ward for either uber wisdom boost, agility 3.

How close to stat caps are these monsters? I am able to have a stat capped rank B + a medium stat rank F in Scout. Ive heard of people using higher ranked stat capped monsters in scout also. Maybe you can level your team slightly to get closer to stat caps.

Balhib lvl 26 with

uber attack boost (max)

darklight slashes (max)

leonyx (55 points)

Exorsus lvl 31 with

exorsus (60 points)

uber healer (56 points)

uber health boost (max)

abiliterator ward (max)

I hate to say it, but that Leonyx skillset on your Balhib is kind of a waste. Balhibs have low wisdom compared to their attack. having multiple skillsets with attacks is most often a waste. I would drop the leonyx skillset (or better yet, synthesize another Balhib and use the following skillsets). Thunderwind Slashes (mercurial thrust), uber attack boost, attack 3. As for your Exorsus, I would recommend you drop abliterator ward for either uber wisdom boost, agility 3.

How close to stat caps are these monsters? I am able to have a stat capped rank B + a medium stat rank F in Scout. Ive heard of people using higher ranked stat capped monsters in scout also. Maybe you can level your team slightly to get closer to stat caps.

when i went on today i was ranked 99 with 5 wins sunday 3 wins monday and 3 wins today. the leonyx is there most for mp regen and meditate. may drop abliterator for agility for a quicker heal. thx for the input.

Balhib lvl 26 with

uber attack boost (max)

darklight slashes (max)

leonyx (55 points)

Exorsus lvl 31 with

exorsus (60 points)

uber healer (56 points)

uber health boost (max)

abiliterator ward (max)

when i went on today i was ranked 99 with 5 wins sunday 3 wins monday and 3 wins today. the leonyx is there most for mp regen and meditate. may drop abliterator for agility for a quicker heal. thx for the input.

Id imagine both are set on show no mercy settings or is the exorsus on focus healing (exorsus can deal absolutely huge damage with kasizzle if built correctly). Also, does your Balhib having the Leonyx skillset mean he was bred with a Leonyx? Gasp!

Balhib lvl 26 with

uber attack boost (max)

darklight slashes (max)

leonyx (55 points)

Exorsus lvl 31 with

exorsus (60 points)

uber healer (56 points)

uber health boost (max)

abiliterator ward (max)

Id imagine both are set on show no mercy settings or is the exorsus on focus healing (exorsus can deal absolutely huge damage with kasizzle if built correctly). Also, does your Balhib having the Leonyx skillset mean he was bred with a Leonyx? Gasp!

i have them both set to mix it up so they can heal and get there attacks in not the best set up but one i decided to try. i have multiple copies so just thought id try somethings out moving leonyx skills to different monsters to try to get a feel of what it can do. this is the first time ive tried in super scout just wanted my barbarus to make greygnarl. im a big dragon lover so im trying to get as many as i can. sadly i cant do a whole dragon team for wifi so want to get as many as i can to compaire who would best go with my unothedox tactics any help there would be nice to. still gotta get into rookie scout and mega scout just havent found a working team yet.

Balhib lvl 26 with

uber attack boost (max)

darklight slashes (max)

leonyx (55 points)

Exorsus lvl 31 with

exorsus (60 points)

uber healer (56 points)

uber health boost (max)

abiliterator ward (max)

i have them both set to mix it up so they can heal and get there attacks in not the best set up but one i decided to try. i have multiple copies so just thought id try somethings out moving leonyx skills to different monsters to try to get a feel of what it can do. this is the first time ive tried in super scout just wanted my barbarus to make greygnarl. im a big dragon lover so im trying to get as many as i can. sadly i cant do a whole dragon team for wifi so want to get as many as i can to compaire who would best go with my unothedox tactics any help there would be nice to. still gotta get into rookie scout and mega scout just havent found a working team yet.

For rookie, a monster with around 300 Life, 400 agility, one attack all move that can do 250+ damage will do the trick. I used a Drake Slime (Exorsus up to kasizzle, agility 3 and agility 2). Breed whichever monster you chose with highly leveled See urchins for better agility. best ranking was in the 40's

For scout, pick a similar monster with maxed stats, able to do 400+ damage to all, Rank B or A, toss in a rank F or two. best ranking is in the 30's

For mega scout, good luck I haven't placed well there yet.

EDIT: For a dragon team, I would pick the coolest looking dragon, find out what he is good at, then couple him with a sexy looking monster that fits with the theme. greygnarl & nokturnus look pretty cool together! or even a rapthorne.

Edited by Peeto

Balhib lvl 26 with

uber attack boost (max)

darklight slashes (max)

leonyx (55 points)

Exorsus lvl 31 with

exorsus (60 points)

uber healer (56 points)

uber health boost (max)

abiliterator ward (max)

For rookie, a monster with around 300 Life, 400 agility, one attack all move that can do 250+ damage will do the trick. I used a Drake Slime (Exorsus up to kasizzle, agility 3 and agility 2). Breed whichever monster you chose with highly leveled See urchins for better agility. best ranking was in the 40's

For scout, pick a similar monster with maxed stats, able to do 400+ damage to all, Rank B or A, toss in a rank F or two. best ranking is in the 30's

EDIT: For a dragon team, I would pick the coolest looking dragon, find out what he is good at, then couple him with a sexy looking monster that fits with the theme. greygnarl & nokturnus look pretty cool together! or even a rapthorne.

thx for the feed back was just wondering with the drake slime was agility 3 &2 maxed out or not? as for scout you said a similar monster with maxed stats would that bump it up a class if the stats get to high? and would a boulder toss/status breath team work for that or would that be to much for that class?

Balhib lvl 26 with

uber attack boost (max)

darklight slashes (max)

leonyx (55 points)

Exorsus lvl 31 with

exorsus (60 points)

uber healer (56 points)

uber health boost (max)

abiliterator ward (max)

thx for the feed back was just wondering with the drake slime was agility 3 &2 maxed out or not? as for scout you said a similar monster with maxed stats would that bump it up a class if the stats get to high? and would a boulder toss/status breath team work for that or would that be to much for that class?

Agiliity 3 and 2 were not maxed (agility 2 was, 3 was taken only to the 75 mark i believe). For Scout, like i said a rank B completely maxed monster was within the requirements fr scout. I could even add a rankl F in there with some dcent stats. That team may work but just know youd have to be able to survive a 400+ dmg attack on all monsters, and be able to deal 900+ hp in one round,

I've been experimenting with a king-Cureslime running cleric yesterday.

Is it just me or do his growth rates pretty much suck?

I do like the cleric set though, and he seems to get more 'beefy' than my magic slime (cure-all) faster.

So, I was thinking, since my magic slime has around 800 wisdom (he has a pretty sweet wis growth) now, should I synth it with my king Cureslime (when hes leveled up to proper stats) so I can give him a huge wisdom boost?

Also, on what stat is gigagash based? attack?

Edited by Tsasuki

gigagash is based on levell.........

maintain KCS form with poenix scepter and synth............

Balhib lvl 26 with

uber attack boost (max)

darklight slashes (max)

leonyx (55 points)

Exorsus lvl 31 with

exorsus (60 points)

uber healer (56 points)

uber health boost (max)

abiliterator ward (max)

Agiliity 3 and 2 were not maxed (agility 2 was, 3 was taken only to the 75 mark i believe). For Scout, like i said a rank B completely maxed monster was within the requirements fr scout. I could even add a rankl F in there with some dcent stats. That team may work but just know youd have to be able to survive a 400+ dmg attack on all monsters, and be able to deal 900+ hp in one round,

ok ive been looking over B rank and lower monsters looking for meisters and craftys but was wondering if anyone has had good experance with what most monsters ppl use are weak or strong against in the scout rank just dont wanna set up a team and find that they cant get the job done cause of immunities.

I remember using a Magmalice, spitnik, and firespirit ingame. (all crafty somethingsomething)

I really liked them!

Yesterday i got my ass whooped by a blast slashing Magmalice on wifi (superscout), he did some insane damage.

I remember using a Magmalice, spitnik, and firespirit ingame. (all crafty somethingsomething)

I really liked them!

Yesterday i got my ass whooped by a blast slashing Magmalice on wifi (superscout), he did some insane damage.

yeah i was thinking magmalice or a spitnik maybe teaming with some one who is a crack or maybe zam user to try and vary the elements used just trying to pick ones with good wis/hp/mp is a bit of a stretch trying to get the stats good but low enough to fit into the scout rank

I really liked them!

yeah i was thinking magmalice or a spitnik maybe teaming with some one who is a crack or maybe zam user to try and vary the elements used just trying to pick ones with good wis/hp/mp is a bit of a stretch trying to get the stats good but low enough to fit into the scout rank

Like I said earlier, scout isnt as restrictive as you may think. I took an Archdemon to lvl 99/Max Stats and he fit into scout. If you are going to go the route of rank F/E Monsters, building them will be a bit tougher. For teams of 3, they usually all have to be able to handle more then 2 hits of a 400ish damage attack, or be fast enough to get 6 moves off (~900+damage) before a monster finishes his second turn. Heres what my time in Scout looks like (me using my archdemon/fencing fox team)

Fencing Fox casts Bemusing breath - Monster A confused

Monster B casts XXX and does 175dmg all

Monster C casts XXX and does 175 dmg all - Fencing Fox dies

Archdemon casts Gigagash and does 475dmg all (if not properly built theyll all die)

Monster A is still confused

Monster C casts XXX and does 175 dmg all

---so far they've done 700-800 damage to me (Archdemon w/ Uber Health has 935-ish)

Archdemon casts Gigagash and does 450-475dmg to all (~900 per person total) - their team dies

The only teams that give me trouble are, 3 monster teams, that can survive more then 2 gigagashes; or teams of 3 that can survive 1 gigagash, bemusing breath misses all, and do around 250+ per attack.

For teams where one monster is Bang immune, I usually finish off the other two with gigagash, then melee the other monster till it dies. Archdemon sometimes heals with omniheal if the correct situation occurs.

Let me know what team you decide on and maybe we can help you tweak it around or something. Good luck (youre welcome to borrow my idea as well!)

Edited by Peeto

I really liked them!

Like I said earlier, scout isnt as restrictive as you may think. I took an Archdemon to lvl 99/Max Stats and he fit into scout. If you are going to go the route of rank F/E Monsters, building them will be a bit tougher. For teams of 3, they usually all have to be able to handle more then 2 hits of a 400ish damage attack, or be fast enough to get 6 moves off (~900+damage) before a monster finishes his second turn. Heres what my time in Scout looks like (me using my archdemon/fencing fox team)

Archdemon casts Gigagash and does 475dmg all (if not properly built theyll all die)

---so far they've done 700-800 damage to me (Archdemon w/ Uber Health has 935-ish)

Archdemon casts Gigagash and does 450-475dmg to all (~900 per person total) - their team dies

The only teams that give me trouble are, 3 monster teams, that can survive more then 2 gigagashes; or teams of 3 that can survive 1 gigagash, bemusing breath misses all, and do around 250+ per attack.

For teams where one monster is Bang immune, I usually finish off the other two with gigagash, then melee the other monster till it dies. Archdemon sometimes heals with omniheal if the correct situation occurs.

Let me know what team you decide on and maybe we can help you tweak it around or something. Good luck (youre welcome to borrow my idea as well!)

im starting to think i might do archdemom and spitnik good agi both poping off gigagash and mybe try to fit a healer of some kind but may not have to room for it. like sea urchin or maybe an angel slime. still a work in progress but i do have my sister that i battle againts not giving them orders which is how i try to find a good team set up. im just worried about overusing of some guys at the moment i just want to get at least somewhere in the top 100 for the free monsters..

I really liked them!

im starting to think i might do archdemom and spitnik good agi both poping off gigagash and mybe try to fit a healer of some kind but may not have to room for it. like sea urchin or maybe an angel slime. still a work in progress but i do have my sister that i battle againts not giving them orders which is how i try to find a good team set up. im just worried about overusing of some guys at the moment i just want to get at least somewhere in the top 100 for the free monsters..

If you go with an archdemon, make sure he can survive 3 attacks totalling ~ 800 damage. Cleric and uber health is almost essential. A third skillset for more health or additional utility might work. Your seocd monster shud be able to either A. Status effect, or B. be able to survive more than 3 attacks by the enemy & deal a good amount of damage & be able to move before atleast 1 of the opponents monsters,

I remember using a Magmalice, spitnik, and firespirit ingame. (all crafty somethingsomething) I really liked them! Yesterday i got my ass whooped by a blast slashing Magmalice on wifi (superscout), he did some insane damage.
Like I said earlier, scout isnt as restrictive as you may think. I took an Archdemon to lvl 99/Max Stats and he fit into scout. If you are going to go the route of rank F/E Monsters, building them will be a bit tougher. For teams of 3, they usually all have to be able to handle more then 2 hits of a 400ish damage attack, or be fast enough to get 6 moves off (~900+damage) before a monster finishes his second turn. Heres what my time in Scout looks like (me using my archdemon/fencing fox team) Fencing Fox casts Bemusing breath - Monster A confused Monster B casts XXX and does 175dmg all Monster C casts XXX and does 175 dmg all - Fencing Fox dies Archdemon casts Gigagash and does 475dmg all (if not properly built theyll all die) Monster A is still confused Monster B casts XXX and does 175dmg all Monster C casts XXX and does 175 dmg all ---so far they've done 700-800 damage to me (Archdemon w/ Uber Health has 935-ish) Archdemon casts Gigagash and does 450-475dmg to all (~900 per person total) - their team dies The only teams that give me trouble are, 3 monster teams, that can survive more then 2 gigagashes; or teams of 3 that can survive 1 gigagash, bemusing breath misses all, and do around 250+ per attack. For teams where one monster is Bang immune, I usually finish off the other two with gigagash, then melee the other monster till it dies. Archdemon sometimes heals with omniheal if the correct situation occurs. Let me know what team you decide on and maybe we can help you tweak it around or something. Good luck (youre welcome to borrow my idea as well!)
If you go with an archdemon, make sure he can survive 3 attacks totalling ~ 800 damage. Cleric and uber health is almost essential. A third skillset for more health or additional utility might work. Your seocd monster shud be able to either A. Status effect, or B. be able to survive more than 3 attacks by the enemy & deal a good amount of damage & be able to move before atleast 1 of the opponents monsters,

yeah was setting up my archdemon last night was already planing the uber health and cleric for the 3rd skill i threw in agility boost 3 so at max he has over 1k hp. not sure though if/what may pair with it yet just figuer something that can take a hit and use megaheal/omniheal to keep it going for any extra rounds that may be needed.

So I made a Murdraw.

This is his set

Bjorn(100%)

Nightmare(100%)

Uber Healer(100%)

Suggestions?

So I made a Murdraw.

This is his set

Bjorn(100%)

Nightmare(100%)

Uber Healer(100%)

Suggestions?

For wifi you usually have 1 (maybe 2 in rare occasions) skillsets with actual skills in it, the other ones are stat boosting skillsets. As for the Bjorn skillset, youll have hp gambit, which although good for low level wifi divisions, youll have 1 defense against monsters with huge attack totals. It is not uncommon to be taking hits over 1000 damage. I would recommend dropping Bjorn, and either making him a healer, or possibly using another damage skillset.