Team building and strategies

I am trying to make a team for Scout ranking and a separate team for Ultra Scout rankings. For Scout ranking, do fast status debuff monsters do well paired with casting/physical monsters? What kind of stats/ranks do your monsters have to have to stay in scout? Any recommendations?

For ultra scout rankings, I am trying my very best to not use large size monsters, are Medium + Small teams good counters, is a metal monster a must against the larger/tougher casting monsters? Help!

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanted a place where we could ask each other for recommendations on our teams or giant monsters or to give advice on building a team or giant monster, as well as help with Wi-Fi teams.   Sagitta

Sure Zenith Dragon is no bad skillset. You will have to keep in mind though that it will make him using his first and possibly even his second attack for Breath attacks. If you like that then cut out

something interesting to have in ultra scout is a giant killer monster like night clubber to deal with those big monsters

Yeah I have one setup for mega scout and he does very well. Any suggestions on monsters to complement him for Ultra Scout?

Well Over Killing Machine would be nice for him but its used alot

ok i'm trying to build a team to get a schleiman tank. for now i tried to get uber breath but it seems that this skillset ups your rank to scout in the tournament so i'm trying for breath 3. will it up my rank also?

also for now my team is 2 rank f monsters with agi 3 and breath 3. i don't know what i need for my 3rd member tho any suggestion for that and the skills?

This is kinda wierd since i haven't been on this site for ages...

Anyways, i kinda need help with my team. It is as follows:

King bubble slime

bang and zap II

Cure all

wisdom boost

living statue

barricade

defender

defence boost

lethal armor

thunderwind slashes

attack boost

defence boost

I dont mind keeping king bubble slime, But i'm having trouble scouting good monsters.

Also, were do i get the minus sceptre

what is your team for mortamor?

also for the minus sceptre, i think you get it by doing the scout challenges given to you by the mud mannequin in the arena

My team now is king bubble slime, heligator, and archdemon

my team is for the story at the moment

My team now is king bubble slime, heligator, and archdemon

my team is for the story at the moment

I Really Love <3 this site

i usually like to have just straight up hitting. monsters with multiple attacks rock. and have a healer on the side with buff's.

I Really Love <3 this site

i usually like to have just straight up hitting. monsters with multiple attacks rock. and have a healer on the side with buff's.

Sounds like my strategy. Probably why I don't do so well Wi-Fi. Heck, that's my strategy for DQ in general. Love physical attacks, hard to focus on magic for me.

Hey guys, what should I do with my Incarnus? I used my brother's Wulfspade to get a Leonyx, so cross that off. I have an Incarnus sitting around now and I can make a Leopold easily, and possibly another Wildcard. Suggestions, suggestions?

so what role does leopold excel in?

I used him as a Sleep/Confuser because he was an early bird, although id imagine he could be used as a oompher or buffer of some sort. His foot dragger gets really annoying though.

thank you for your input

and another question if one is immune to bang are they immune to attacks like blast slash and gigagash

and are attacks like frizzcracker and wind shear stat-reliant or fixed damage?

thank you for your input

and another question if one is immune to bang are they immune to attacks like blast slash and gigagash

and are attacks like frizzcracker and wind shear stat-reliant or fixed damage?

immune to bang = immune to gigagash, as for magic slashes, i would assume so. A metal slime is immune to frizz and fire breaths, and is thus immune to inferno slash; if that helps clear up anything.

as for your second question, I have no idea youll have to turn to the dqm gurus for that one. I do need help with a question if anyone can answer.

So I recently built an Archdemon for using gigagash, but may have made a huge error in his skillsets. I planned to use him as a "show no mercy" for wifi purposes, with the option of backup healing with omniheal.

Archdemon (maxed stats)

Cleric

Uber Wisdom Boost

Uber Health Boost

I am not sure about Uber Wisdom Boost, I feel like it is a wasted skillset for his setup. What would you all recommend. I was thinking defense 3? Thanks in advance!!!

thanx for answering my question

now for yours id say its not wasted as his wisdom is relativly low for his role you have him in currently without the boost

so id say hes fine but id give him some more MP boosts as he looks like the magic user his health is decent as it is without but hey you got a healer that is hard as hell to kill

Edited by Hexios

still waiting on ideas on what kind of skillsets to put on my Great Godbird... for now i have on him uber attack, Empyrea and Dragovian Lord. the other 2 are crap for now since i thought of maybe getting uber wisdom but then not sure it would be good since his attacks are gonna be mostly breath attacks unless i add up some healing in the form of meditation.

need ideas for my team.

currently i have:

Lvl 43 Psaro

Ruin

Barricade

Muspell

Wisdom Boost II

Lvl 97 Dhuran

Uber Dark Dynamiter

Sizz & Zap III

Cure-All

Lvl 75 Dracolord

Diamagon III

Cure-All

Healer (for kazing)

Lvl 24 Captain Crow

Captain Crow

Abiliterator Ward

Muspell

Lvl 24 Black Dragon

Ice

Barricade

Wisdom Boost

i have a lot of other things in my pen, like a darkonium slime, king slime, drakulard, estark, empyrea, wormonger, missing lynx, etc. im just having a hard time scouting other things. i plan on making dhoulmagus (for a future rhapthorne 2 for nokturnus). how the hell are people getting incarnus and wulfspades?

Levels Subject to change......................

Edited by DJ BlackJack

Is Dual Duellers/Geminex an effective monster to use in Super Scout (Can I even use it in Super Scout)? I want to use it because my astronomical sign is the Gemini, so I thought it was interesting. I have these skillsets on it: Dual Duellers (For Boulder Toss and Wind Shear), Champion, Attack Boost III, and Poison Ward (For Steady Recovery). I used these skillsets because I had similar sets on my Xenlon and they were very effective. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone can suggest other skillsets or a partner. Thanks in advance!

My possible help with Mega Scout:

If anyone uses Xenlon (Maxed) and wants to win the Stormsgate Citadel, I used Orochi, Cleric, Champion, and Gobstopper Ward (Steady Recovery). I placed 90-something (I was unlucky and kept getting grouped with high-rank teams) in Mega Scout and won the castle (As well as Drohl Diabolist and Seedie Weedie) with those skillsets. Orochi has Scorch and Lightning Storm (and Comeback Kid if you're lucky), and Cleric has Gigagash. These skills can help with some troublesome teams that resist/absorb bang or breath (not both, it has trouble against teams that confuses the AI). It can oomph itself, meditate, and has steady recovery. I hope this helps somebody.

Is Dual Duellers/Geminex an effective monster to use in Super Scout (Can I even use it in Super Scout)? I want to use it because my astronomical sign is the Gemini, so I thought it was interesting. I have these skillsets on it: Dual Duellers (For Boulder Toss and Wind Shear), Champion, Attack Boost III, and Poison Ward (For Steady Recovery). I used these skillsets because I had similar sets on my Xenlon and they were very effective. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone can suggest other skillsets or a partner. Thanks in advance!

My possible help with Mega Scout:

If anyone uses Xenlon (Maxed) and wants to win the Stormsgate Citadel, I used Orochi, Cleric, Champion, and Gobstopper Ward (Steady Recovery). I placed 90-something (I was unlucky and kept getting grouped with high-rank teams) in Mega Scout and won the castle (As well as Drohl Diabolist and Seedie Weedie) with those skillsets. Orochi has Scorch and Lightning Storm (and Comeback Kid if you're lucky), and Cleric has Gigagash. These skills can help with some troublesome teams that resist/absorb bang or breath (not both, it has trouble against teams that confuses the AI). It can oomph itself, meditate, and has steady recovery. I hope this helps somebody.

speaking of zodiac sign teams i need to finish my team

Mortella and wight king

Would a Slimeborg (Cyber Slime is a boring name) be a viable partner? Possibly with Cleric, Breath III and Wisdom Boost III (if Super Scout allows it)