Team building and strategies

Or, if you want, get a Metal Dragon and synth the two together. You won't regret it in the long run.

Can I find those on the field later, or do I have to synth them?

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanted a place where we could ask each other for recommendations on our teams or giant monsters or to give advice on building a team or giant monster, as well as help with Wi-Fi teams.   Sagitta

Sure Zenith Dragon is no bad skillset. You will have to keep in mind though that it will make him using his first and possibly even his second attack for Breath attacks. If you like that then cut out

Or, if you want, get a Metal Dragon and synth the two together. You won't regret it in the long run.

Can I find those on the field later, or do I have to synth them?

You're better off synthing one.

or if you wanted to you could go with a dracolord instead and all you would need to do was synth your great dragon with a man at arms

• 4 weeks later...

I need to find an easy way to get a nokturnus and a xenlon for my Zenith. Anybody got any suggestions?

Hack. That's the easiest way. Other than that, you'll pretty much have to take the long way. 

Is it possible to make the Schleiman Tank competitive, or should I just smile and be glad that I managed to get one?

You could make one competetive as long as you boost its Attack, Defense, and make sure it isn't based around magic. I would recommend Uber Attack Boost, Uber Defense Boost, Defense Boost 3, Attack Boost 3, and something else that gives you attack diversity(maybe Uber Knight or something?)

Is it possible to make the Schleiman Tank competitive, or should I just smile and be glad that I managed to get one?

You could make one competetive as long as you boost its Attack, Defense, and make sure it isn't based around magic. I would recommend Uber Attack Boost, Uber Defense Boost, Defense Boost 3, Attack Boost 3, and something else that gives you attack diversity(maybe Uber Knight or something?)

So I'm guessing:

Uber Attack Boost

Uber Defense Boost

Defense Boost 3

Attack Boost 3

Flute Warrior

Wouldn't work?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hiya !

I'm actually trying to make a decent F-Rank Wi-Fi team (I'm guessing the corresponding rank is rookie ?). So far, here's what I have (they're still in training) :

HitSquad (Swarmtroop) Rank F+2 Level 48

HP : 520

MP : 224

ATT : 506

DEF : 449

AGI : 295

WIS : 199

- Warrior (100)

- Attack Boost III (100)

- Defense Boost III (100)

Tactic : Show no mercy

Clubber (Hammerhood) Rank F+5 Level 49

HP : 608

MP : 100

ATT : 623

DEF : 370

AGI : 198

WIS : 100

- Martial Artist (100)

- Attack Boost III (100)

- Defense Boost III (100)

Tactic : Show no mercy

Not Ice (Firespirit) Rank F+2 Level 47

HP : 284

MP : 320

ATT : 180

DEF : 284

AGI : 291

WIS : 513

- Cure-All (30)

- Frizz & Sizz III (100)

- Wisdom Boost III (100)

Tactic : Show no mercy or Heal before all (depends)

So, I have 2 problems : My Swarmtroop sometimes uses Multi-Blade which isn't what I want him to do : I'd like him to use Helm-Splitter or Hatchet man more often to take advantage of his Hit Squad 6. Can I solve this ?

My Firespirit tends to use Fire Slash a lot instead of Kafrizzle... What could I do to prevent this ?

Apart from that, they all deal a $#!&ton of damage when they use the spells they should be using :3

Hammerhood is pretty much a Rank-F version of night clubber :D

Is there anyways I can improve the team ?

Edited by Ismaar

Ok apparently the team is classed in superscout, So I took out the Swarmtroop for a 2 monsters team, and I got classed in scout. I did 4 wins 1 lose because the last team managed to put my Hammerhood to sleep... I'm quite satisfied, as when the firespirit will have stimulation, this won't be a problem anymore.

Sounds like you have this worked out now.  In case you are looking for some additional input regarding a good F-rank team, there is some decent discussion here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/987442-dragon-quest-monsters-joker-2/64485621

I definitely remember the boulder toss teams taking me out quickly on those lower ranks.  In any case, good luck and let us know how it pans out.

I'm pretty sure Boulder Toss is only in the Bjorn skillset, and the only bjorn I ever got was used to make my Orochi, but I think it repops once you synth it, so I might try it. I could make a Spitnik with Gigabang too cause of Meister Bang/Crafty Banger. What monsters have Crafty Donker tho ? And what skillsets give Donk/Superdonk ?

Ok so, today I only got 2 wins out of 5...

3 teams had the exact same damn principe : One high rank monster but alone...

One was Dhoulmagus, one was Fluffy, one was a Slime XY..

They broke me cause my firespirit's healing skillset (cure-all) wasn't maxed out yet and because he was too squishy. So I resynthed it with a tanky monster using phoenix scepter and I'm currently working on getting it back to level 50.

Also sorry for triple post :D

• 4 months later...

Been a hott minute since I've been here.  Though anybody that frequestns DQ forums at GameFAQs should recognize me, especially DQMJ2.

after Wifi shut down for this game and there being no hope on the horizon for future installments, I tried to crawl back to Polemon but...  Its like going back to generic store brand food after you try the name brand; just left a bad taste in my mouth.  So after all that, I decided to do radical.  I rounded up every copy of this game in the Gamestops around me and distrubuted them to my friends so I got myself some real competition now.

That being said, those that remember me may remember that tthe cornerstone of my DQMJ2 team has always been my Sagittar.  Which I've built to somewhat be a kind of self-sustaining metal killer, but he's done surprisingly well against pretty much everything else.  He's running Uber Attk. Boost, Poison Ward, Abiliterator Ward, Champion, and Materialist.  I've been really happy with him but with friends finally coming up with things to give me a challenge, I'm starting to realize that he seems to do nothing but Hatchet Man everything, which I seem to have really low luck with, as he winds up missing A LOT and will go upwards of three turns of it before he lands a critical.

My other issue is the Abiliterator Ward.  I'm not certain how much I really need it.  Overall, I wind up using very little MP each turn, seeing as how these physical skills don't cost a whole lot to use.  Outside of Oomph & Meditation (the latter if which he only ever got low enough to use once) I'm not really worried about MP, despite him only having like 500-something.  So that's the MP regen. part of the ward, the other is the guard itself.  Despite him being weak to it, is it really necessary?  I assume eventually my friends will catch on to his weakness, but even then, what carries Abiliterator to begin with?  Will I really need to patch this weakness?

I was thinking actually to replace the ward with Wulfspade 3, due to the reasons above where I wonder if I need the MP regen.  It carries the guard, ad some other things that seem nice, like Kasag & Critical Miss.  Though I'm slightly worried about that: as it seems every wild monster in the game that has it seems to just spam it....

And Materialist.  I like bounce.  Saved me before.  I like Helm Splitter, but he never uses it.  Ever.  He'll use Hatchet Man and follow up maybe with Matrerial Whirl.  So I was thinking maybe replace that with Guerrilla.  With Saggitar having Double Trouble and a 4x Hit Quad means he's got eight chances a turn to inflict a status condition.  Could abuse that fact....

Anyways, thought I'd ask you guys here your opion or thoughts or what.  Any better skillsets than what I'm running with currently?

What is a good 1 slot scouting monster with crap ton high attack?

Nightclubber or Conklave XY with Attack Boosts (usually Uber, 3, and 2). Those are the most common.

Nightclubber or Conklave XY with Attack Boosts (usually Uber, 3, and 2). Those are the most common.

Good, I have those, should I combine my Nightclubber with my conclave XY?

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

Keep 'em separate. But you can team them up for the top results. I've done so and I can score quite a few points trying to scout monsters.

Conklave XY is the best for scouting, with the Conkettes a close second.  Clubbon Ace would be next in useful, but not quite as good as the first two.  Trailing quite a ways behind them would be Diamagon Ace, Wulfspade Ace, and (non-ace) Hawkheart.

Damage in the game is capped at 2k per hit, however, 100 tension multiplies your damage by about seven.  Thus, what you want for scouting is anything with both hit squad and psycho traits.  Now, the Conks are the best because they have hit squad x4.  Clubbon Ace hit squad x3, and the rest I listed are hit squad x2.  If you load up your monster with attack boost traits then each hit of your monster's hit squad should easily be hitting 2k at 100 tension.  Hence the conks are the best as they can deal 8k damage.  Since scouting is based off how much damage you deal (and a whole lot of other calculations, but damage dealt is the most signicant) 8k damage is the maximum any monster in the game can deal in one turn.  Thus, the conks reign supreme.

Theoritically, any monster that has the psycho trait could make a significant impact on your scouting meter, but just one hit isn't nearly as helpful as you may think since they'd all just be a fraction as good as anything else.

Also, since you only get one incarnus per game, you probably have better things for it to do than becoming a momster whose sole purpose is to scout.  And hey, nothing keeping you from having a scouting team composed of but three Conklave XY's.

Keep 'em separate. But you can team them up for the top results. I've done so and I can score quite a few points trying to scout monsters.

my conklave and nightclubber are kind of meh, they only have ~600 attack, will combining them make them have ~900 attack or will it require tons of phoenix scepter breeding.

I want to breed my nightclubber so I could let my Dhuran in and add Oomphle to everyone.

my conklave and nightclubber are kind of meh, they only have ~600 attack, will combining them make them have ~900 attack or will it require tons of phoenix scepter breeding.

I want to breed my nightclubber so I could let my Dhuran in and add Oomphle to everyone.

I'd say focus on getting 3 Conklave XY's and give them nothing but Attack Boosts 1-3. And make sure they can have a really high level too.

I'd say focus on getting 3 Conklave XY's and give them nothing but Attack Boosts 1-3. And make sure they can have a really high level too.

How long would it take to make 3 conklave XYs, leveling up to the max, and bringing them to rank S+5?