Sign in to follow this  
Drake

Team building and strategies

Over 90% and still not getting it? just unlucky unfortunely.

I have a 4 other DS systems. One for Nokturnus, maybe two for Rigor Mortex, and one extra. What do you think I should get?

Nokturnus is rather good when used properly

Good idea. A nokturnus really helps.

hey guys, my team is currently as follows. can anyone point out how i could improve it?

orgodemir

fire 3

def 3

uber healer(650 on heals, can revive rhapthorne 1 in a pinch)

uber hp(my only one, no less)

rhapthorne 1

def 3

uber healer

rhapthorne 1

I would replace fire 3 on Orgo with Breath 3 or Uber Breath so you have coverage on monsters like Ace of Spades and Magmalice who are immune to Fire Breath

hmm, breath 3 sounds good. Edit, i got uber breath for orgodemir instead.

Edited by wecondo12

I don't think you need two with Uber Healer. As far as WMSC is concerned, 1 should suffice. Online PvP? Perhaps not so much. Also, it looks like Metal Slimes of all variants (Gem Slimes in particular) will give that team trouble. I Orgodemir has decent attack, so maybe Attack 3 (to grant HP aswell) or Uber Attack Boost might help out if Orgo has a good starting stat. Alternatively, Hatchet Man could come in handy as critical damage will tear giant holes in Metal Slimes of all varieties, even ones with Uber Health Boost. You have a few options.

• Anti-Metal grants you Oomph and Accelerate. It also provides 30 Agility which is probably its main selling point over the others.
  • Berserker is there, but not that good.
  • Cluboon 3 offers Helm Splitter, but with a primarily Breath/Magic team that wont be too useful. It also offers Blinding Blow, which might come in useful if you're that way inclined.
  • Materialist gets my personal recommendation. It offers Kabuff and Bounce, something useful your team currently lacks. Starting the battle with a Kabuff will help keep your Rhapthorne alive, meaning that your Orgodemir will stay alive. It'll also provide some protection against Night Clubbers, whilst Bounce will do much the same for magical threats such as Zoma and Dhoulmagus. It also royally screws up spell-casting Canzar. Helm Splitter is also there, though as previously mentioned not that good.
  • Naturalist is there, but with not much going for it. War Cry if you want it. It's also the only one to have Mercurial Thrust, which can be useful for finishing off faster opponents. Orgodemir isn't fast, so perhaps it might help.
  • Warrior rounds it up. It's an interesting one, giving you Master of Weapons - allowing you equip anything you want. It also adds 20 attack and health, which could come in handy. Oh, and there's Helm Splitter

Oh, and the best breath skill for Orgo is Zenith Dragon. Don't know if you feel like getting that when Uber Breath will do you just fine, but y'know.

...I take games like this way too seriously.

Edited by Thunderbolta

Yeah, but that's there so that orgodemirs wisdom won't go to waste. I just remembered that I can't have two monsters of the same class on a team, so I'll be pulling out dullahan for that. As for metal slimes, yeah. I was gonna put fortifier on rhapthorne, but ended up dumping it. I'm re grinding orgodemir now(grinding him is a pain) and rhapthorne. I know I'm gonna have a hard time grinding him thanks to his low attack. Back then my team went like this.

Dragovian lord

Ãœber hp

Ãœber attack

Attack 3(or def 3 can't remember)

Champion

Murdaw

Ãœber healer

Fortifier

Agility boost 3

For some reason I got bored with this team, but it was the best team I made.

Edited by wecondo12

That's a good team, but Murdaw will suffer without Uber Health boost. 

I've always been a fan of the 3 monster teams myself. I had a lingering malhaze team. I can't remember exactly (and have since restarted joker 2 so cannot find out), but if I were to make it now:

Uber Killing Machine: (Double Trouble)

Aquapothecary (Amor Seco Rain, Song of Salvation, Magic Regenerator, Mist Me)

Uber Health Boost (To boost longetivity)

Defense Boost 3 (Boosting again)

Drakulard: (Huge Attack stat)
Hive Mind (Paralyzing Punch, Sleep Sock, Heart Breaker, Nature Nerfer, Fuddle Dance)

Attack Boost 3 (Hit harder)

Uber Attack Boost (Hit harder)

Nokturnus: (Beast)
Duel Dwellers (Magic Regenerator (I guess), Lingering Malhaze, Kazing (If Malhaze is not up)

Uber Attack Boost (Hit Harder)
Uber Health Boost (Increase longetivity)

Hmm. All this theory play is making me want to start playing again... I shall have to make a team soon. Probably not with Nokturnus in it, because he takes so long to make. Was thinking something along these lines:

Zoma:
Uber Healer

Uber Health Boost

Uber Defense Boost (Superior on Zoma due to magic immunity)

Dullahan

Fortifier (Oomphle, Acceleratle?, Kabuff)

Uber Health Boost

Uber Attack Boost

Mumboh-Jumboe

Uber Knight (No Gigaslash)

Uber Attack Boost

Uber Health

Dullahan uses Kabuff, then Oomphle, Mumboh and Dullahan wreck stuff. Mumboh makes use of Bangmeister with Blast Slash. Whilst Bangmeister boosts Gigaslash, I think there's better for that role. Trauminator does it well, and has Double Trouble to clean up with as the AI never picks the same move twice in a row. Alternatively, a pairing of Mumboh-Jumboe and Belial works rather well. 

If I were to make a 2-1 team I think:
Gem Slime

Fortifier

Uber Attack

Attack 3

Uber Health

Wight King

Uber Healer

Uber Health

Uber Mage

Because fully magic immune teams are fun.  :evillaugh:

Final mention goes to Sagittar:
Saggitar

Champion

Uber Attack

Attack Boost 3

Attack Boost 2/Guerilla

Oomph, wreck crap with double trouble goodness. Guerilla can be used if you want to mix things up with Paralysing punch and the like. 

If I were to make a 2-1 team I think:

Gem Slime

Fortifier

Uber Attack

Attack 3

Uber Health

Wight King

Uber Healer

Uber Health

Uber Mage

Because fully magic immune teams are fun.  :evillaugh:

They also screw up the enemy AI REALLY badly.

Yes. Yes they do. Isn't it "Focus On Healing" in particular that breaks down if you're against a metal?

I have a problem deciding what monsters i should use on my team,i have so many options of monsters to use but i have to limit it down to 3/6 monsters and the monsters i have are:

• Captain Crow
  • Dracolord
  • Metal King Slime
  • Baramos
  • Doulmagus
  • Night Clubber
  • White King
  • BeetleBully
  • Black Dragon
  • Diamagon Ace
  • Mumbo-Jumbo
  • Gemon
  • Malroth(can use it and white king to get zoma)
  • Ruin(can use it to get parso)
  • Canzer
  • Orochi

Yeah...allot of choices

(the ones i cross out are ones i have ultimatly decided not to use)

Edited by Dragonmist19

I can't really tell you about all of them, but definatly take Wight King. With the right skiilsets, it's an amazing monster and being Attack Magic Proof, it REALLY screws up the enemy AI.

gemon might be worth a try, since status is never seen, but you have to cross your fingers that they dont have status. wight king is annoying. never used him and he pops up every battle. i personally prefer murdaw and dullahan. malroth can hurt with his decent attack and his wisdom is really good. dunno why no one uses him. low agility? orgodemir has low agility and he gets decent usage. 

Edited by wecondo12

Canzar can be really evil if you work it right.

just i don't know what to use for a team/teams and i know any monster can get any ability so i didn't include abilities

My team before was:

captain crow

dracolord

metal king slime

-

Mumbo-Jumbo

Dhoulmagus

White king

-

Black Dragon

Gemon

-

then the rest of the monsters i dont where to use them or to use them

gemon might be worth a try, since status is never seen, but you have to cross your fingers that they dont have status. wight king is annoying. never used him and he pops up every battle. i personally prefer murdaw and dullahan. malroth can hurt with his decent attack and his wisdom is really good. dunno why no one uses him. low agility? orgodemir has low agility and he gets decent usage. 

Orgodemir also has WAY higher stats.

yeah, you have a point. im not saying malroth is better than orgodemir. im saying that people shouldnt toss malroth to the side. i got barbarus thanks to him.

of the monsters i have the ones i would like to use over the others are(i am 100% sure i would want to use these):

Team 1:

• Captain crow - ?
  • Doulmagus - Mage
  • White King - Healer

Team 2:

• Gemon - ?
  • Diamagon Ace - ?

i don't know what i want to use exactly but i have a idea for some of them,the ones with question marks next to them are the ones i am unsure on for sets and the ones i am sure for i don't know the exact skills i should use(and personally i would perfer to use captain crow over nocturnous,i find its less work and i like having rabble rouser).Monsters like Baramos and Canzer are monsters i would like to use but i don't know what to give them as skills.

and i would also like help with a scouting team and for scouting i have conclave XY and conkletts and still i have no idea what skills i should use for them.

Edited by Dragonmist19

yeah, you have a point. im not saying malroth is better than orgodemir. im saying that people shouldnt toss malroth to the side. i got barbarus thanks to him.

I completely agree with you. My bro uses Malroth, and I'll admit it....it gives me trouble sometimes.

i got rank 61 in scout and beat 4 top 40s today. murdaw tidal wave ftw! i barely see these two on wifi. at least i saw a guy using baricuda, overkilling, and conk xy in random battle. i stomped them brutally. anyway, if you wanna synth malroth, you can get zoma, and if youre willing to get the gem slime, you can make dragonlord, which is a pretty awesome attacker himself, and with dhoulmagus and a nimzo and that zoma you can make rhap 2, which is used to make dragovian. there are three choices. if you make top 100 in super scout(and are willing to wait to sunday) then you can get greynarl, although barbarus is pretty beastly on his own, or great godbird which is one of the top giants, which can make wildcard, and leonyx, if you wanna go that far. 

Edited by wecondo12

but as far as monsters i can use in random battles without worrying about type caulse idk if i should swap out captain crow for something else or swap out white king for baramos.(so for not lets ignore the scouting team)

If i did get rid of crow i wouldn't synth out crow,i would just save onto crow(he is a exellent scouter with psycho and rabble rouser).

But then one thing i need major help with is the part with skills to use for my monsters and once again my team is...

Captain crow/???

• Captain crow
  • Dragon Lore
  • Frizz/crack III

Doulmagus

• Doulmagus
  • Uber mage
  • Crusader

White king/babamos

• WK(Cleric)
  • WK(Wulfspade III)
  • WK(Uber Healer)
  • BA(Defender)
  • BA(Clenser)
  • BA(Healer)

but for babamos i could get it a skill tree with MP regen to make up for its lack of compared to white king.

for captain crow i was thinking of making him my main attacker with mayby kazing just in case.

then for doulmagus i allready have uber mage and i have crusader on it to but i dont know if i should keep doulmagus on it or get another skill.

then for white king/baramos i can give them healing skills,babamos a skill with mp recovery and i could try to get stuff like uber helpful and uber healer,but i do not plan on getting uber health/attack/ect. to much work...

Edited by Dragonmist19

using the crow? i guess something like this could work.

capt n crunch!

captain crow/uber knight(end both before gigagash)

uber att/att 3

uber hp/def 3

baramos should do this.

baramos

uber mage/frizz and sizz 3/fortifier

uber healer

uber health boost/def 3

remove dragon lore and frizz and crack on captain crow. on dhoulmagus, uber mage is good, but try to get uber healer on him unless hes an offensive mage. baramos doesnt need mp regen. he has like 920 mp. if you want a 2-1 you can use nimzo and crow. the nimzo could be this.

nimzo

fortifier/uber mage

uber healer

def 3/uber hp

def2/def 3(if you have uber hp)

good size 2 supporter/mage w double trouble.

why do people say to stop before gigagash,i have never seen crow use it unless i tell him to do it,usually he uses multislash instead,and i decided to see how this would look as skill trees:

Captain Crow

• Captain Crow
  • Uber Knight/Attack Boost III
  • Dorsal Fiend

I was thinking of going with these skills for a reason,captain crow with the skill captain crow is obvious,i was thinking uber knight for a range of slashes or attack boost for a attack boost,then dorsal fiend instead of def boost III so i can have multifist and tidal wave(i have heard good things about tidal wave).

Doulmagus(is supposed to be a offensive mage)

• Uber Mage
  • Crusader
  • ?Mage?/Aquapothecary/Uber helpful

I wanted uber mage and crusader for what they bring to the table in offense and that would give doulmagus a healing spell if push turns to shove.Then i would like mage on doulmagus if it is obtainable for FRIZZ CRACKER but if it is not aviable i would go with Aqua-P for magic regen or i could even go with uber helpful.

Baramos/White King

• Uber Healer
  • Uber Helpful
  • WK(Cleric)
  • BA(Defense Boost III)

The Uber helpful and healer are good choices,Cleric on white king so it has some offense and then for baramos i coulden't think of anything better so i decided defense boost III.