Team building and strategies

I wanted a place where we could ask each other for recommendations on our teams or giant monsters or to give advice on building a team or giant monster, as well as help with Wi-Fi teams.

Sagittar, this guy is amazing! With the right boosts and skillsets he can be a formidable foe. I'm thinking Anti-metal, Uber Atk Boost, something with a health regenerator, and maybe another atk boost(III). If anyone can recommend something I would appreciate it.

Fluffy, it seems like a balanced monster, but I don't know what to do with it. Please help.

Zenith Dragon: Thank you for the suggestion Warez! Would the Zenith Dragon skillset be a good skillset instead of the first three you suggested? If someone else can suggest something to me as well, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Drake
  • Upvote 2
  • Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanted a place where we could ask each other for recommendations on our teams or giant monsters or to give advice on building a team or giant monster, as well as help with Wi-Fi teams.   Sagitta

Sure Zenith Dragon is no bad skillset. You will have to keep in mind though that it will make him using his first and possibly even his second attack for Breath attacks. If you like that then cut out

I wanted a place where we could ask each other for recommendations on our teams or giant monsters or to give advice on building a team or giant monster.

Sagittar, this guy is amazing! With the right boosts and skillsets he can be a formidable foe. I'm thinking Anti-metal, Uber Atk Boost, something with a health regenerator, and maybe another atk boost(III). If anyone can recommend something I would appreciate it.

Fluffy, it seems like a balanced monster, but I don't know what to do with it. Please help.

Zenith Dragon: Thank you for the suggestion Warez! Would the Zenith Dragon skillset be a good skillset instead of the first three you suggested? If someone else can suggest something to me as well, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Sure Zenith Dragon is no bad skillset. You will have to keep in mind though that it will make him using his first and possibly even his second attack for Breath attacks. If you like that then cut out the Uber Knight.

For Saggitar I tried to make him an Status-Inflicter for a long time but the AI just won't work that way (sadly) (in pro it does so without probs lol)

So I ended up with the following:

- Guerilla (He will at least use status when enemy is weak against it)

- Champion (for Oomph and Meditation)

- Warrior (Only skilled until Crit Attack or he will use only that)

- Uber Atkboost

- Whack Resistance (For Regeneration)/ Uber Lifeboost/ Atk III

• Upvote 1

For Saggitar I tried to make him an Status-Inflicter for a long time but the AI just won't work that way (sadly) (in pro it does so without probs lol)

well my trapbox is the same (wont fizzle the opponents healers)

well my trapbox is the same (wont fizzle the opponents healers)

Yeah it is said how limited the AI is in some ways. I played the pro version before this and there Saggitar would not stop using status attacks which worked sooo well. So i tried the same here and look he is not using them at all. Must have changed the AI from Vanilla to pro.

Casting Kazing on this topic.

I don't think I thanked Warez for giving me suggestions for my Sagittar. Thank you!

I hate to keep bothering Woodus with my posts and requests, but can I request to have this topic merged with all the 'help with X monster's skills' and 'help with wifi team' topics as well as being pinned? Thanks in advance.

sorry for trying to kazing my other post...

i'll just ask here for help then

i'm about to get a dragovian lord for my team and i wanted to know what would be a good way to play him. for now what i was thinking is to give him :

uber attack

attack boost 3

some dmg skill like dragovian lord or something like that

another skillset that i still havent found out yet

forgot to mention my second monster...

my second monster in that team will be my rapthorne 1 with hawkhart 3, frizz and sizz 3 (which can be easily changed if something better can be used) and fortifier.

any idea if i would be better with uber breath or dragovian lord skillset?

Actually I would give him Fire Fighter or Uber Knight. The best way to play him is to make him a single-target hitter which he would do with Fire Fighter (he also has the bonus of attack roulette there). Possible would also be Iceplosion Slashes etc. though he might do Multifists there. Also make sure that the one-slot can Oomph him to make him even more deadly.

does it often affect the stats attack roulette? also is it a big difference? cause the rest of fire fighter doesnt seem that interesting...except helm splitter

I want to bring a Mumbo jumbo, rose guardin and mechanowyrm to the final boss ( leonyx?) I haven't played the game yet.

I'm thinking of making mumbo physical attacker, roseguardin healer and finally mechanowyrm breath attacker.

Going to make them into a dhoulmagus shortly after the game. Is he good for wifi?

All of those monsters are hard to get before post-game, incredibly so.

And Dhoulmagus is a pretty good monster, but he's not worth what you'll have to give up.

You could either go Psaro x Alabast Dragon or Estark x Alabast Dragon for Dhoulmagus. I wouldn't recommend this at all though because all 3 of those monsters are better than him.

Really?!

Mumbo jumbo was really easy in DQMJ1. And I found a way to get rose guardin that seems easy.

Yabby + Stark Raven ( just need 2 B classes) --- > Helligator

helligator + jumping jackal ---> Riptide

Riptide + lethal armor ---> roseguardin.

But yeah I was planning on mixing those 3 into Dhoulmagus ( mumbo --> ruin + roseguardin to psaro n then add a drakulard to mechan-o-wyrm to the dhoulmagus)

I hate to keep bothering Woodus with my posts and requests, but can I request to have this topic merged with all the 'help with X monster's skills' and 'help with wifi team' topics as well as being pinned? Thanks in advance.

Woodus can you pin this topic please, because we don't need multiple topics on help with teams or skills.

Thank you in advance.

another team question, right now my team is Dragovian Lord and Rhapthorne 1. Rhaphthorne being my healer but i was asking myself if he is the best healer for my team since he doesnt have more then 1 move per turn... i saw on the monster list that Baramos and Zoma have the possibility of having more then 1 move per turn and Zoma has bouncer too so would one of those be a good idea as a replacement to be more effective on wi-fi?

my skillset for Rhaphthorne is Hawkhart 3, Frizz and Sizz 3 (which can be changed for something better) and fortifier.

I kinda need some advice with my Night Clubbber and Over Killing Machine skillsets

right now i have them with

Night Clubber (Power hitter)

Bounty Hunter

Uber Atk Boost

Atk Boost 3

Overkilling Machine (Buffer/Status inflicter)

Orochi

Fortifier

Uber Def Boost

and if this helps my last member

Zoma (Main Healer)

Uber Healer

Uber Lifeboost

Uber Defence

any advice on the my team would be greatful. thanks ;)

i don,t understand why you have bounty hunter on your Night Clubber... i think you would be better off with something like warrior or uber knight. those 2 sets would allow you to deal more damage.

your zoma is fine to me but i don't know much about the status inflictor build for your overkilling machine so i can't help you about that.

i don,t understand why you have bounty hunter on your Night Clubber... i think you would be better off with something like warrior or uber knight. those 2 sets would allow you to deal more damage.

your zoma is fine to me but i don't know much about the status inflictor build for your overkilling machine so i can't help you about that.

I have bounty hunter on Night Clubber for Mercurial Thrust and trust me it pretty much saved me a lot on wifi so its staying lol ;)

I have bounty hunter on Night Clubber for Mercurial Thrust and trust me it pretty much saved me a lot on wifi so its staying lol ;)

I currently have a Night Clubber (Uber ATtack, Dorsal Fiend, Huntsman - for most anti family attacks) + Overkilling Machine (Uber ATk, Uber health, Dhoulmagus), but am currently struggling with a healer to put with my team. I currently have a Hawkhart Ace with (HawkIII, uber health, and uber defense) but footdragger is so annoying. Any suggestions? Also considering dropping a skillset on Nightclubber for more attack or versatility.

I currently have a Night Clubber (Uber ATtack, Dorsal Fiend, Huntsman - for most anti family attacks) + Overkilling Machine (Uber ATk, Uber health, Dhoulmagus), but am currently struggling with a healer to put with my team. I currently have a Hawkhart Ace with (HawkIII, uber health, and uber defense) but footdragger is so annoying. Any suggestions? Also considering dropping a skillset on Nightclubber for more attack or versatility.

My Night Clubbers skill set hasn't been giving me any problems at all yet so you can start from there ;)

^ Exactly what Zendor said. I have a Dragonlord and a Rhapthorne 2 but I'm debating whether or not to actually synth them into a Dragovian. But if I were to and made a Godbird, I'd want a good reason why and a nice "build" so to speak.