Sign in to follow this  
winky55

What classic foes do you want to return in Dragon Quest X?

Guess what? I saw that the Troll, Abracadabrador, Loathsome Leek and the Hocus Chimaera are returning. That means we can see the Foo Dog, the Hot Dog, the Brimstone Bulb, the Ornery Onion, the Great Troll, the Terror Troll and, of course, the Chimaera and the Cosmic Chimaera being brought back.

I wouldn't be so sure, yo. Mind, while they certainly love their palette swaps in this series, that doesn't mean all previously featured swaps will make a return. Dragon Quest VIII had trolls, for example, but it didn't have the terror trolls that appeared in IX (and were introduced in the remake of III, I believe).

You also forgot to mention boss trolls, stout trolls (assuming VI's localization didn't screw things up and those are just great trolls), and the metallic version of the chimaera that has yet to be newly localized, to my knowledge :P

Oh yeah. I saw in the first gameplay footage of Dragon Quest X that the boss troll is returning. Also, the Foo Dog returned in Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 Professional, so I think it may have a shot in returning in Dragon Quest X.

Edited by winky55

Crossing my fingers for the return of the Demon Anteater.

• Upvote 1

I also saw that the Bodkin Archer, the Drackmage, the Charmour and, officially confirmed, the Guaardvark are returning in Dragon Quest X. They got pretty lucky and I am happy that the Bodkin Archer is making a fourth main series appearance. Also, I think I saw the Gremlin, the Bagma(?), and the Hunter Fly(?) return. Keep posting on what classic Dragon Quest foes you want to return in Dragon Quest X.

Edited by winky55

Hades condor, garuda, elysium bird i would like to see

Merman, Gracos, Old Man of the Sea, Wallop Scallop, Khalamari Kid, King Squid, Octavian Sentry, Poliwiggle, Wooper Trooper, Yabby, Killer Wave, Danglerfish

not water monsters?

Shogum, Gremlin, Shell Slime, Blue Dragon, Poison Lily (the plant creature from DW 2), Armorpede, Vampirus, Smoke, Heedoovoodoo (the witch doctor from DW 3), Hoodoogooroo (from DQ 4), the knights from DW (Axe Knight / Mad Knight)

I think I saw the Gremlin return in the Pukland screenshots so I think you may be in luck.

SkyDragons (Ethereal Dragons if you prefer the DQMJ2 translation).

I think it would be cool if they actually included the wish granting Shinryû (Shen Long) in this game, back from the DQ III remakes.

Am I psychic or what? I saw the Harmour return along with the Meowgician, the Small Fry, the Tortoceratops, and, just like I predicted, the Foo Dog. Also, they're bringing back the Knight from the first Dragon Quest, the Babbleoon, the Ozwarg, the Erazor Blade, and, amazingly, the Bloody Hand. I would also like to see the Hood family return, since they appeared in Dragon Quest Monsters Battle Road Victory. Do you guys think that the monsters that appeared in Dragon Quest Monsters Battle Road Victory could be reappearing in Dragon Quest X?

Edited by winky55

Orochi from DQ3, as a boss.

We well as KingHydra, as a boss.

I think I saw the Mottle Slime in the TGS footage of Dragon Quest X. Do you guys think that thing hopping is the Mottle Slime, since it's yellow?

Halo Slimes(the first time in a main series game)

Dragons, knights, and magicians from the first game

spot slime from DQ6

How 'bout an Urnexpected or three? Also, an enemy I have been waiting for the return of for a long time: Demon Knight, from the first game. With that solid black color throughout the entire body, of course. I thought it was pretty cool, at least.

Also, an enemy I have been waiting for the return of for a long time: Demon Knight, from the first game. With that solid black color throughout the entire body, of course. I thought it was pretty cool, at least.

Do you mean dark skeletons? Because they've been in the last two main titles, just not solid-black like they were in the original Dragon Quest (the remakes, if I'm not mistaken, made them grayscale which probably became the standard. The same thing was done with the death scorpion (rogue scorpion), which was originally greenish but was made a sort of subdued pink in the remakes).

Do you guys think that the monsters that appeared in Dragon Quest Monsters Battle Road Victory could be reappearing in Dragon Quest X?

I can certainly imagine them reusing / adjusting existing models to fill spaces in :P That aside, some of the exclusive monsters to that game would be great to see. Mind, the only non-boss ones I can recall are that 3rd type of killing machine and the dark slime knight with the red, lance-wielding knight riding it.

I would love a massive green dragon in its undergound lair. It would also be great to have the return of the legacy bosses in a DQM battle road victory fashsion.

Yay. Can't wait. The screenshots & trailer look quite promising.