Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

winky55

What classic foes do you want to return in Dragon Quest X?

Hello, I've just heard that the Sea Dog, the Wrecktor, the Medislime, and other classics are returning. Here are some of the classics I want to return: The Prickly Prankster, the Lump Wizard, the Blizzybody, the Harmour, etc. What classics do you want to return in this game?(Despite rumors of an online fee)

Cross Bones/Poltarrrgeist, Fencing Fox, Flamethrower/Blizzybody, and Tigergram.

The Conk-family pretty much.

(Conkuistador, etc.)

Killing Machine and Uber Killing Machine obviously. But if they were to truely please me with my oldschool love. It would be the return of...

tree_slime.png

Treeeeeeeee Sliiiiiiiiiiiime

Awwwwwwww YEAH

Not that many honestly. I want Toriyama to go back to creating mostly original monsters like he did for 1-4. Only reuse the REALLY iconic ones like Slimes, bubble slimes, etc.

It seems like each game, less and less new monsters are designed.

I'm just waiting for someone else to tell me about the foes they want to return.

I already did, man.

Tigergram family needs a return.

Sorry, I meant some else who hasn't replied before. By the way, I like you said how you want the Blizzybody to return. I actually wanted that foe to return, too.

Not that many honestly. I want Toriyama to go back to creating mostly original monsters like he did for 1-4. Only reuse the REALLY iconic ones like Slimes, bubble slimes, etc.

lol are you one of those who think only the first 150/250 pokemon are original and the newest ones look like digimon?

Each dragon quest adds their unique taste of monsters. And each game was some really awesome monster designs.

Teeny Sanguini is one of the ones I want to see return.

I know rpggamer will say golem. :P But as for me, I sorta see what megalosaro is saying. It's not just the fact that there are less new monsters designed, but even some favorite classics are not in it. It just feels like dq is starting to lose it's charm if they take out so many favorties and doesn't bring much new to it. I like punny monsters and lively ones like the ones that form together in dq 8. But also want to see more of certain monsters that are hardly seen in most games, like tree slime, box slime, etc.

lol are you one of those who think only the first 150/250 pokemon are original and the newest ones look like digimon?

Each dragon quest adds their unique taste of monsters. And each game was some really awesome monster designs.

How is that post relevant to what I posted. I said I wanted MORE new monsters per game. I think the newer games in the franchise rely too much on older designs to fill out their rosters. Someone did an analysis recently on this forum that measured how many monsters in each game were from older games and how many were new to that game. Up until 8, the monsters in each game were mostly new. IX actually had a MUCH higher number of old monsters compared to new monsters.

In short, they're being lazy and not coming up with new content.

I´d love to get the Hellions back, those are great. :)

Also Cross Bones, Revulting Horse and Sabrecat/cub would be nice.

As long as there are Dracky's and Golems, I'm pretty content.

In fact, if anything I'd like them to quit trying to turn EVERY monster name into a brutal pun.

I want to see them bring the classic bosses into this.

I would love tentsuku and empusa teams in this game.

Also, monsters from DQM2. The puppet, the firefox and a few others.

The rose battler from DQM/ DQ VII) and the witch from DQ VIII, also.

I'd like to see the elemental spirits from VII make a return.

I know this is a little off topic but.. i'm hoping for another Underwater Adventure like in previous dragon quests not just on land but also in the sea like underwater dungeons and weopons/monsters etc.

Good idea. And now that you mention them, I'd also like to see the Genma from VII and Caravan Heart (besides Magargi). And I would love good-sized official art for them.

hmmm i would like to see the

Good idea. And now that you mention them, I'd also like to see the Genma from VII and Caravan Heart (besides Magargi). And I would love good-sized official art for them.

come to think of it, i wonder if they also return gonz and jami as normal enemies rather as bosses. (or whatever the name of those gema's pawn is)

i would also hoped the return of those red-blue horned duo from DQVIII. (buffalogre and mohawker)

I'd like to see a return of Orochi, whether it's as an enemy or boss; SkyDragons (Ethereal Dragons if you prefer the DQMJ2 translation), and Putrepups. Hargon's Knights would be nice too, but only if they can keep the classic look without making it simply another skeleton palette swap.

Teeny sanguinis, Spot slimes and HammerHood, that's all!

Or what about the Wild Slime in a real DQ game for once?

I don't think I have too many specific monsters that I'd like to see return, though I'm sure to be delightfully surprised by anything that's been unused for a good long while. Killing machines, one of my favorite monsters, have been a recurring part of the monster lineup since V, with VI and VII having alternate versions of the monsters, so I'm not concerned about them (or something similar) making another appearance here since they likely will (though, saying that, they'll probably be one of the omissions :P). If the whole lineage could be accounted for in the game, though, that'd be even cooler, especially since I'd like to see what localization would do with ProtoMech.

What I would REALLY like to see is more monsters that have presently been exclusive to the spin-off titles. I've already seen mention of tree slimes, box slimes, and what I assume is gripevine (most I could get out of 'rose battler', though that monster actually has appeared in VII) as what folks would like to see in returning monsters. As it stands, VII seems to have done this the most, including the likes of drake slimes, gem slimes, and, on the less slimy side of the spectrum, FairyRats and prism peacocks, some of these having maintained positions in later titles / remakes. The monsters series has spawned a sizable number of excellent creatures, and while remaining exclusive can have its charms it's also a bit of a shame for them to not be making other appearances outside their game of origin. There are just too many to name that'd be amazing to see in 3D.

I do agree that it'd be nice to have a larger ratio of new creatures, but being the sucker for nostalgia that I am I can't completely go against bringing back a fair amount of old favorites. Plus, this series has been going on for a long time now, and it's probably becoming harder and harder to make new creatures (the stress seems fairly apparent in Joker 2's swarmtroop, which actually would be interesting to see in X...). So while I'd like to see more new faces, I'll understand if they keep that side of things a bit short. Mind, we've already seen some of the new creatures this game will have, and I kinda get the feeling we won't have to be too concerned about a lack of new additions, yo.

these families:

Fencing Fox

Funky Ferret

Catfly

Catmage

Jailcat

CruelCumber

Putrepup

Firespirit

Imp

Winky

Hork

Bad Apple

Drag-goof

Owlbear

also, Kandar as a recurring character

Guess what? I saw that the Troll, Abracadabrador, Loathsome Leek and the Hocus Chimaera are returning. That means we can see the Foo Dog, the Hot Dog, the Brimstone Bulb, the Ornery Onion, the Great Troll, the Terror Troll and, of course, the Chimaera and the Cosmic Chimaera being brought back.