Use the links below if you have any synthesis questions.

Synthesis search: http://www.woodus.co...ynthesizing.php

Special synthesis only: http://www.woodus.co...alsynthonly.php

Giant monsters are only usable after the game is beaten and have gone to upgrade your scout ring. Open the spoiler to see how to upgrade the ring if spoilers don't concern you.

This is a minor (post-game) story spoiler, but a spoiler nonetheless.

Speak to Leonyx after the credits to upgrade the ring

Synthesis 'shortcuts'

Balhib (can be won from Eugene Poole)

(Magmalice+Firn Fiend)+(Golem+Gold Golem)

How to make a Balhib. Scout a magmalice from Necropolis and a snowbird from Iceolation, then synthesize them to make a firn fiend. Then scout another one and synthesize them together. Then scout a golem from Bemuseoleum, if you can't find one scout a hunter mech and a rubble slime or a restless armour there and synthesize them. Gold golem's ingredients are a shadow in Iceolation and a wild slime or a spiked hare, both are also in Iceolation. then synthesize the two golems together and synthesize the resultants from both syntheses.

Mumboh-Jumboe

(Mum+Boh)+(Jum+Boe)

Scout 4 Magmalices and Firebirds each from Necropolis to create 4 Jums (Can be made from Magmalice+Firebird)

Mum= Jum+any Material family monster (Can use magmalice again or other material monsters)

Boh= Jum+any Beast family monster (Can use firebird again or other beast monsters)

Boe= Jum+any Nature family monster (Use a spiked hare from Iceolation, a khalamari kid from Unshore, or other nature monsters)

Ruin= Mumboh-Jumboe+Living Statue (Bemusoleum during rain or Dark World)

Rosegaurdin

Restless Armour+Bone Baron or Riptide

Restless Armour found in Necropolis or Dark World

Bone Baron (can be won from Eugene Poole)= Grim rider (Necropolis)+Dark slime knight (Necropolis or Dark World)

Riptide= Jumping Jackal (Dark World)+Heligator (Dark World)

Psaro= Ruin+Roseguardin

Dhoulmagus= Psaro+Alabast Dragon

Estark (Recruit by beating Estark in 10 turns or under, found in Cragravation inside of the cave near the zip portal)= Psaro+Marquis de Leon (Dark World or can be won from Eugene Poole)

Alabast Dragon

Mechanowyrm+Drakulard

Mechanowyrm=Great Dragon+Metal Dragon (Both can be found in the Dark world)

Drakulard=Drakularge (Found in Necropolis)+Pazuzu or Atlas (Both in the Dark World)

Hargon

Dieranutula+Dhuran

Dierantula (Cragravation at night before going up to Empyrea's nest)+Dhuran (Scout a Demon-at-Arms in Necropolis and generic synthesis for Dhuran)

Malroth

Hargon+Living Statue (Bemuseoleum, rain) or Khalamari (Unshore. Haha, get it?)

Baramos

Hargon+Gemon (Dark World, daytime. Fall into a hole in the center of an intersection and end up on the center platform. Gemon appears on the hole to exit that platform, it cannot be fought when it is flying around)

Nimzo= Baramos+Khalamari (Unshore)

Rhapthorne I= Dhoulmagus+Nimzo

Mortamor= Nimzo+Estark

Orgodemir= Mortamor+Alabast Dragon

(Marsh598: quote this post and add it to the first post, thank you.)

Edited by Drake
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well let's see now...  actually possessing one of each giant and not just having it in your library, I presume is what you mean.  So.   Bjorn Canzar Empyrea Estark Khalamari Missing Lynx Wormo

What would be better for me to make a rhapthorne or a dhoulmagus? Rhapthorne has mostly better stats, but who has a better skillset for wifi and what would be a good build for either one?

What would be better for me to make a rhapthorne or a dhoulmagus? Rhapthorne has mostly better stats, but who has a better skillset for wifi and what would be a good build for either one?

Both skillsets are subpar to say the least. ive used Dhoulmagus to warycry/bemusing breath people. Rapthorne seems to have limited if any use on wifi. As for the monster, Rhapthorne takes the cake.

• 1 month later...

I just started playing and have managed to synthesize some monsters I really like, but they have low skillsets atm.

Is there a monster that can be scouted that is neutral and when synthesized creates the exact same type of monster as its partner? (allowing me to effectivley and continually upgrade said monster?)

Equip the Phoenix Scepter on the monster you want to keep, synth it with anything except the Incarnus, and you'll get back your monster.

cool is that something I can get only after beating the game or can I get it early on?

• 2 weeks later...

I had a question, I can make a red dragon with a green dragon and something else(forgot what). It's the same rank as a green dragon though. So I was wondering, should I synthesize my monster to a red dragon to synthesize a red dragon into something even better?(if red dragons can synthesize to something of a higher rank) Or should I just keep leveling my green dragon? I'm currently at the iceolation boss, about to beat him today probably. Thanks

-Anzac

Well, once you get to the Bemusoleum, you can scout a Hunter Mech. Red Dragon + Hunter Mech would give you a metal dragon.

Both of those options are okay. I figure if you're not having problems with a boss, level some more, as that makes the synthesis more productive.

Dragon_Quest_Slime_Cookies_by_lyricaldanichan.jpg

These look eerily similar to my last birthday cookies... seriously!

Would it be a good Idea to synthesise Mortamor into Orgodemir? He's easy to make, but, i'm not making another darn Mumboh-Jumboe, so I'm not making another Estark. Should I make Orgodemir, or keep Mortamor as he is?

synth him too orgodimer he better just give him a uber agility boost and your good to go mortamor isnt really the best 2 slotter mortamor can only realy attack in mage moves his attack stat isnt the best at all where orgodmier can do both he can attack pretty good and can mage very well too plus has crafty fire and ice breather.

Ok, thank you. So, Uber Agility, Uber Mage, and something with some good Breath Attacks is what I shall do.

Ok, thank you. So, Uber Agility, Uber Mage, and something with some good Breath Attacks is what I shall do.

If your using him as a main attacker I would use

~Uber Agility Boost

~Uber Breath

~Uber Wisdom Boost

I don't know a lot about Orgodemir so that is just a generic skillset not specializing in anything aside from his Crafty breather traits.

If your using him as a main attacker I would use

~Uber Agility Boost

~Uber Breath

~Uber Wisdom Boost

I don't know a lot about Orgodemir so that is just a generic skillset not specializing in anything aside from his Crafty breather traits.

Why Uber Wisdom Boost? Does it affect the power of Breath Attacks?

i think it does but orgodiemier already has super high wisdom here are his stats:

HP MP Att Def Agi Wis

1130 1090 910 1110 670 1230

so i dont think a uber wisdom boost would change much of the damage received by breath attacks his crafty gives it a extra 150 damage breath attacks in my WMC experience breath attacks only ever seem to do 311 damage max with no crafty breather traits so yeah give him a uber agility boost something with fire ice breath [ breath 3 or uber breath orgodimer is a real competitor i dunno about adding uber wisdom boost to him but its entirely up to you the skills I would put on a orgodimer would be:

uber heath

uber agility

uber breath

poison/whack ward or aquapothecary mainly for steady recovery or magic regenerate

im not forcing you to use the skillets but im just suggesting some that's what i would put on one its your orgodiemir after all but yeah wisdom does affect the amount of damage dealt by breath attacks but orgodiemir all ready has enough wouldn't you suppose.

in my playing of the game i used a xelon with just 178 wisdom and my scorch delt around 173-233 damage but when i leveled him up at the land of light to about 444 wisdom his breath did then the normal damage against the slimes in the dark world so i am very certain it does

in my playing of the game i used a xelon with just 178 wisdom and my scorch delt around 173-233 damage but when i leveled him up at the land of light to about 444 wisdom his breath did then the normal damage against the slimes in the dark world so i am very certain it does

I dun goofd.

Why I put the Uber Wisdom I don't know and why I gave a 2 slot monster only 3 skillsets I don't know haha. I apologize must have had a brain fart.

Edited by Knitewulf

Someone actually did a lot of testing on breath attacks on this forum in a previous thread and proved that Breath attacks are not modified by level, HP, Wisdom, or Attack. If you do a search for Breath you'll probably come up with the thread.

ah so someone has tested this thank you for telling me that much appreciated
:)
`now i know for sure i was confused before i joined this site everyone said something different. now we can get back to the topic
Edited by Lord_Rigor_Mortex

Ok so Im not a complete noob to the DQM series. However its been a few years since I played DQMJ. So, my team consists of a green dragon and a dragurn at the moment. They are both around lvl 20 and I just got to Unshore. Now I have no Idea what to synthesize with either one of them or what to start making. I primarily like to keep my team as dragons. I know I want to get a Great Dragon in the short term. But I cant make a damn drakularge since most of the monsters required are the same damn rank. So if anyone can help me get to a great dragon at the point in the story Im at now that would be awesome. Or just help me find out what to do with the Green Dragon and/or Dragurn that would be awesome also. I have used the synth search but its actually screwing me up more than its helping. I feel like DQMJs synth was a lot simpler lol.

I just dont see any viable synths with my green dragon or with my dragurn. at least not any that dont require an A or B rank first. I just remember some of my monsters from DQMJ and want to get them in this. I really need to find something to do with my Dragurn because his stats are weak as hell. My green dragon has over 200 atk and 150 def. only like 60 agi though. And my dragurn is a higher level and has like 120 atk and 100 def with 65 or so agi.