Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mnicolai

New monsters! Better Five Races artwork! Big images, ahoy

I like the Ogre, the Elves and the Weddie. I would perfer the Ogre, If I had a choice.

Anyone can translate the part about DQV and IX ? About the designs, only the dragon that looks like Corvus makes me happy, I hope they will add some monsters from DQMJ2P, doubt that platinum slime is going to be the highest source of exp ( Liquid Metal King Slime maybe )

I assume you are talking about the bottom of the page with the Whip Ghost?

Check the archives!

"Dragon Quest V Heaven's Bride"

In "DQV" you could make monsters your comrades, but...!?

The main character in "DQ V" is a monster master who can communicate with monsters to make them his comrade. As a result, in "DQX"..!?

Yay for monster recruiting again! I hope it is included!

That little bamboo mech with the flag is amazing. Does the article give names? Cuz I can't read Japanese, yo...

And monster recruiting, or something of the sort, would be great. Was something IX sorely lacked.

And thanks for sharin' these, Gooey dude. Had checked this post out earlier, but was still too immersed in Joker 2 at the time.

That little bamboo mech with the flag is amazing. Does the article give names? Cuz I can't read Japanese, yo...

Yeah, they all have names. That one is Takeyari Hei (Bamboo Pole Soldier). Though I'm sure it will be called something else when it is localized here.

Yeah, they all have names. That one is Takeyari Hei (Bamboo Pole Soldier). Though I'm sure it will be called something else when it is localized here.

Ha, neat. Thanks for the translatin'. And most definitely in regards to localization. Wonder what they might cook up for it.

Though, looking at it, I get the impression it's going to be one of those monsters with awful drops... or at least one. That bamboo spear is, like, one of the weakest spear-type weapons, yeah? :P

They all look great, I especially like the ghost-ish monster. It´s so typical Toriyama style. :D

It just better stay away from Arale. ;)

I like the fairy race....and the weddie look interesting, but the males look...eh.

yeah, he looks a little feminine, and I use that term loosely

I'm curious to know whether or not that Bamboo Mage [the one with what looks like Kabuki makeup] [name?] is a mage or priest-type enemy.

It looks like it has characteristics of both sides.

And If there is monster recruitment in this game, I can't wait to see more of the new monsters. :D

I want that giant turtle from the bottom of the last page!

Land turtle coming... Just give me some more time. Could not work on anything during the week end...

That green cute dragon <3 it's too damn cute for my eyes

The text hints that the green creatures floating around the elves could be "guardian spirits", and that the dwarves can build/acquire vehicles.

Also like how the last page mentions the mystery of what happened to the humans... Of course humans will be very important in the past and during the development of the game (and, of course, at the ending).

The main site says the basic story is that you start as a human. Then the Lord of Evil (大魔王) seals the humans' land (presumably the center continent of the world?) and you are transformed into one of the other races as a result. Your goal in the game is to restore the humans' land and become human again.

Thanks a lot man!

Haha Griffen, a female human. There goes your theories about the turtle. And is that some kind of...mantis knight?

Forgot to put the names , I believe it's Green Scissor and Pig Hat... Not the most imaginate name. The theory of the girl being the turtle isn't out the window, I just think the your sibling will be turned into the turtle, so boy or girl.

Well, since "Scissor" isn't a Japanese word it probably sounds a bit "cooler" to them than it sounds to us.

Other than the new monsters the only information that I think is new in there is that when you agree to join someone's party you can set a time-limit for how long you will be with them. Kind of makes you wonder how easy it is to leave a party, and if you are restricted more than multiplayer in IX.

Scissor me timbers!

The pig hat popped up in the elf shots last week. Probably my favorite of the bunch so far. They could call it a porkpie.

Pighat? A pig with a...hat?

Your imagination is very high,SE.That doesn't even sound like a pun.

:heartslime: i really love this game i can't wait ^_^

Pig Hat is sorta a pun as the hat is really big so, in japanses Pig Hat and Big Hat is a mere notation change away.

ピング and ビング but that might be a bit of stretch.

The big helmet on that mantis looks like it'd make its neck ache, yo. I also find the female human's laundry toting to be amusingly sexist :P

And did the golem fall apart in that one pic on the left? It looks like its lying around in pieces...

The big helmet on that mantis looks like it'd make its neck ache, yo. I also find the female human's laundry toting to be amusingly sexist :P

I will tell you what is sexist. The boy is the one who has to take care of the turtle's droppings! That is sexist! You should see the size of those things, and then there's the smell! Yewww...

Now that all races have their two representatives, which color palette do you like the best for their standard clothes? Humans' is interesting, I think it fits wanderers or deserts. But I will still choose the flowing blue clothes, for the Weddie.