Sign in to follow this  
XyferDragon

Terry’s Wonderland 3D

I could probably provide you some assistance assuming my memory is good, LightningZombie. I'm not yet done with the post game (college... =_=), but I've completed the main game.

Well some things i can figure out through trial and error, for instance I figured out that I had to play rock, paper scissors with the giant demons hand in order to get past him.  He always plays the same so it was a simple matter of memorizing which answers to pick. Other things like items and stats I am not so sure on. I cant identify which stat is which because there not in english. HP and MP are no brainers. i would like to buy MP recover items but I have no idea what things recover it so I am still playing a guessing game in that department. Use up all my inventory till something works then possibly write it down. Having played the original game gives aem a little bit of an edge as I can expect some things. The game hub is a lot larger than I thought it was going to be. Orignally i had planned to talk to everyone and answer in every way possible to get by if I got stuck but with the hub so big I dont know if this will become too much of a task later on. I noticed that in order to open new portals you need certain amount of stars by your name. This is all fine and dandy except I have no idea how to increase them. I notice while re-arranging my party it changed from 3 to 2 stars. I have been gathering every new monster i have come across in the game seems to be working so far. One thing that I havent figured out yet is how do I control each monsters attacks and what not. I can change what role they play on the field but not directly command them. Another interesting thing is sometimes when going after a new monster and i fail the menu option to go after it again dissapears forcing me to find a new one. i am not sure what triggers this but it would be nice if it was reversible or avoidable. I also looked into seeing if there was any DLC for this game was a pain to find it on the eshop. Typing in the exact characters that were on the box did not lead me to the game. What got me to it was searching for 3D. the game was well worth buying though its un I not ice a lot of re-used maps in the worlds but here is quite a veriety of monsters to collect and tournaments to participate in.

hello everyone :) iv currently picked up terrys wonderland again after taking a month break about. and im trying to figure out how to make my team better. so it can get in the top 100 in online tournaments at least. i feel that to do this i should probabbly ditch any 2 slot monsters and stick with 4, 1 slot monsters, any thoughts on this? i feel like those generally do the best. also what skillsets/traits do you generally give your monsters and feel are best? thanks

also, lightningzombie. i know almost no japanese either but i figured out the main game pretty easily, their were times i was stumped but i just tried different things and picked up what certain things meant. btw stars are how strong your party is. idk how they rank it but if you have like a rank d monster its gonna be low stars but a rank s would be higher, also level seems to effect it as well.

this site here helped me TONS for online play. http://translate.google.com/translate?act=url&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://game-cap.com/terry3ds/data/monst226.html

but for the main game i would just recommend train train train, and if your stuck on a specific part mention it and someone can probabbly help you :)

Remember the time I said that if I didn't hear anything about its localization at the end of the year, then we can write it off as "no export for us?" Well, my stance has changed, and I can honestly say that I can understand the time they're taking for localizing this game.

I mean, not to sound like a broken record, and not to sound preachy, but really? You're giving up because you didn't wait for cactiball, inopp, bewarewolf, and any non-event monster that you can't obtain via normal means to be accessible for everyone? Or because you wouldn't consider the large postgame script? Or the name changes for each unreleased DQMCH and DQMJ2Pro original? Or the fact that they're still trying to make Wi-Fi servers for the international versions? Or the littering of puns? Or the new names for the new traits and skillsets? Either way, that seems like some dumb way to give up.

Given the two recent trademarks from Square Enix lately, that further sums up my claim that TW3D might be released to commemorate DW's 25th anniversary alongside those two games. Or maybe the 15th anniversary of DWM in the US.

Edited by Chanticleer Hegemony

And this is why I kept telling people about how long it took us to get Joker 2.

If TW3D does make it to the US, I'd have to buy a second 3DS ^^

Already got an imported one to play it and have been thinking... Would I be able to battle my Japanese monsters against my localized ones? :P

Don't think so no. The Joker 2 versions don't have cross-region local compatability. Although you can on Wifi.

Silly question, but is there any notable reasons to play this over DQM2? I've read there a few monsters only obtainable in this game. Are there any other differences?

Silly question, but is there any notable reasons to play this over DQM2? I've read there a few monsters only obtainable in this game. Are there any other differences?

This is just my opinion, but since the game has less monsters, it takes less time to make the ultimate monster (Who is a lot cooler than the one in DQM2) and it is not as bloated with monsters. Both are still really good though.

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

I own both, and although not too far in either, I really like them.  I do have bias towards liking Terry's wonderland because it has terry, and supports stereoscopic 3D.  I think it's a must if you've played the original DWM, or just love Dragon Quest in general.  Dragon Quest Monsters 2 however is basically the ultimate monsters game with the most content(until they remake caravan heart or do a brand new one) It has things from Dragon Quest X (not only its' new monsters, but the ability to jump and dance/taunt..etc..) and ton more monsters. Each area you go into is very open so you can really go off and do your own thing, plus the post game is apparently really large, and there's tons of "download" monsters you unlock.  There's also a "My Monster" which is like a monster you create at the start of the game (choosing from a bunch of preset looking monsters, you can change the colors and head, arms..etc.., it's not a ton of customization but it's something) and you can change it's look whenever you want.  Both games ultimate hits versions are only like around $30 though, so it's really worth it to get both.

Good to hear! I've got Terry's Wonderland 3DS coming in my next order from Yahoo!Japan. Got it for about $10ish. :) I'm looking forward to giving it a go!

• Upvote 1

Having played both extensively, 2 is the better game technically, although I prefer the overall vibe of 1. Weird considering the original 2 is my favorite game ever! Hope you have fun.

• Upvote 1

Well I got 2, and am planning on picking up 1 also because the series is just that good. I also never played the original on GBC, just cobi's/tara's adventure, so it will be a completely new game for me.

I do have bias towards liking Terry's wonderland because it has terry, and supports stereoscopic 3D.

It's dissapointing DQM2 doesn't support 3D. I'm guessing it's because the size 4 monsters, since the framerate tends to dip a little when they're on the screen sometimes and I imagine they have much higher polygon counts than small monsters to avoid making the blown up model look jaggy. Still wouldn't mind 30 FPS 3D though.

I know i posted this elsewhere, but I want to try again here. 

Hi everyone, I'm new here (well kinda) I joined a long while ago) but I am here on business. If there are any of you that have hacking/translating muscle you would still like to flex, I am interested in furthering the cause, I would like to get a partial translation for Terry's Wonderland 3DS. I am hijacking this thread in an effort to collect some of you who put your hard work into the DQVII translation only to be shut down. I appreciate your hard work. I would love it if you would help with another game in the series that is suffering the same fate. It would be short, to the point. I want the:

Menus
Skill/attack names (and possibily descriptions)

Monster names

translated for play-ability. Anything beyond that is extra and appreciated, but not part of the initial project scope. Please, I am desperate here, the original Dragon Warrior Monsters was and still is my favorite game of all time. A full 3D remake that I cant play and enjoy simply rots my soul. 

Link to the Project on GBAtemp: http://tinyurl.com/ozwfaxu

Can someone shed some light on the Streetpass Subject. today while checking the Streetpass I noticed I streetpassed a person with a round white head with the letters "SP" He had all Metal Slimes. and I managed to beat him and then I be-friend ed a Lvl 1 Metal slime for winning. but how did I streetpass this character I'm in NA and cant use online functions and it was at random he's as of now disappeared and my streetpass area is empty again. has anyone else gotten this Special character?

Edited by MRblark