Sign in to follow this  
XyferDragon

Terry’s Wonderland 3D

Well, "supposedly" was used because I do not necessarily believe that it is a real device yet.

Well, "supposedly" was used because I do not necessarily believe that it is a real device yet.

So, the supposed first 3DS cart was announced... haha. Just screwing with your word order my friend.

It's too expensive to import games. I don't know Japanese either. Nor do I have a Japanese 3ds.

I spent $80 on DQMJVanilla(the fact that it was Japanese didn't stop me). I would assume around that much for the game, plus close to $200(if not more) for a 3DS. It's not worth it in my opinion.

PANIC MODE

PANIC MODE

PANIC MODE

NO MENTION AT E3

So, now what?

PANIC MODE

PANIC MODE

PANIC MODE

NO MENTION AT E3

So, now what?

There's still the list at the end of the conference, since Nintendo only showcased the heavy-hitters (like Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS), and TW3D isn't exactly a heavy-hitting title.

I went through the entire site, nothing.

Not even the 2013 3rd party titles.

I went through the entire site, nothing.

Not even the 2013 3rd party titles.

They usually put out the master list at the end of the year, so that's maybe why you're not seeing it.

Yeah, maybe.

=s

I'm personally just calling it quits on this one. Last year we were all in agreement that if this wasn't at E3, it was dead. I think we just need to put this to rest-- no more excuses. If they had any plans on releaseing this, why not show it now? Those master lists usually just announce shovelware iirc.

Welllllll. petition time.

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/dragon-quest-monsters-3d-terry-s-wonderland-3d.html

This is pathetic. **** Square.

Even though it might appear in the E3 end-of-conference list, I signed the petition in case it might not.

Edited by Koyuki and Dororo

I doubt we'll see a Pokemon clone, especially with X/Y coming up.

Terry's Wonderland might, MIGHT be announced sometime later this year for a release next year, but I extremely doubt it.

I see us getting DQ7.

Terry's Wonderland might, MIGHT be announced sometime later this year for a release next year, but I extremely doubt it.

I see us getting DQ7.

For the last time, it's not a Pokemon clone, and this ridiculous misconception needs to stop. It's based on the monster recruitment mechanic of Dragon Quest V (and VI, but they reduced that to almost nothing in its DS remake), WHICH, by the way, predates Pokemon Red and Green by a little over three years.

Dragon Quest V (SNES): September 27, 1992
Pokemon Red Version and Pokemon Green Version (GB): February 27, 1996

And if you for WHATEVER REASON choose to ignore that, if anything, the entire spinoff series is based off of Shin Megami Tensei, the first monster-catching game ever made. Which was a deconstruction of the genre before it was even a genre.

Edited by Shinryu
  • Upvote 1

To people conlficted about importing this game, you can easily get a Japanese 3DS used for 150$ or under (I almost got a DQ themed one for that price at auction but forgot to bid, but know the guy who did and won), and the game complete, albet used, for around 40$ (ether 30 + 10 shipped, or straight 40 free shipping).

I know this is still a ridiculous amount, but at the chance of it not coming at all in the wake of a more likely DQ7R release, and as someone who bought it myself (and consider it better than the original, and worth every penny), would say its not so bad for a fan of the series.

I see us getting DQ7.

For the last time, it's not a Pokemon clone, and this ridiculous misconception needs to stop. It's based on the monster recruitment mechanic of Dragon Quest V (and VI, but they reduced that to almost nothing in its DS remake), WHICH, by the way, predates Pokemon Red and Green by a little over three years.

Pokemon Red Version and Pokemon Green Version (GB): February 27, 1996

And if you for WHATEVER REASON choose to ignore that, if anything, the entire spinoff series is based off of Shin Megami Tensei, the first monster-catching game ever made. Which was a deconstruction of the genre before it was even a genre.

Thank you. I absolutely hate the Pokemon clone comment!

I see us getting DQ7.

For the last time, it's not a Pokemon clone, and this ridiculous misconception needs to stop. It's based on the monster recruitment mechanic of Dragon Quest V (and VI, but they reduced that to almost nothing in its DS remake), WHICH, by the way, predates Pokemon Red and Green by a little over three years.

Pokemon Red Version and Pokemon Green Version (GB): February 27, 1996

And if you for WHATEVER REASON choose to ignore that, if anything, the entire spinoff series is based off of Shin Megami Tensei, the first monster-catching game ever made. Which was a deconstruction of the genre before it was even a genre.

Thank you. I absolutely hate the Pokemon clone comment!

@Plattym3 : I don't think you wanted to post the same message twice, but it really needs to be said more than once... 

I love Pokemon, I love DQM, but there arenothing alike.

@Plattym3 : I don't think you wanted to post the same message twice, but it really needs to be said more than once...

I love Pokemon, I love DQM, but there arenothing alike.

No, I didn't. I do enjoy both games too. What I don't enjoy is how the Tapatalk 2 app hasn't been working so well (double message above, no longer allowing me to edit, and connection problems...), but at least Tapatalk 4 beta seems to be ok.

Aaaaannnd no TW3D on the master list on E3.

If I don't hear any news by the end of the year, then I can pass this off as "No export for us."

Aaaaannnd no TW3D on the master list on E3.

If I don't hear any news by the end of the year, then I can pass this off as "No export for us."

I don't think we've seen the list yet.  But yeah, no mention of it I don't think.  If we get it, it'll be in Summer 2014 at this rate.

Yeah, I've figured as much. Been expecting this for a month prior. Was hoping for some rumblings about localization or anything, but nothing. Except maybe for that thing about DQM2. I'm thinking we have higher chances of getting DQVII than anything DQM related, though. Well, I'll take anything. Maybe SE is too busy with FF franchise.

So let's say it's coming out, and we're getting more punny names, (which I love) and they ask for suggestions for the names! 

Deathstar Slime: Star Goostroyer.

I'd imagine certain story-specific monsters would keep their Japanese names, or at least something close to it.

"

Leonyx is still pretty close to "Leosword," for example. "Zemerugiasu," assuming they keep the name, would just drop the U at the end. They'd undoubtably drop the "Demon God of War" part, since keeping it would make his name far too long. "Evil Beast Mather" would either keep the whole thing, drop "Evil Beast" (least likely possibility considering there are two "Mather" monsters), or replace "Evil Beast" with something else.

"Magarugi" may keep his name, or get something else; I haven't the foggiest idea what, though.

My own idea for Warubou (the red counterpart of Watabou/Fluffy) is "Scruffy."

I'd like if they kept Darck as-is, if only for nostalgia purposes, plus he's going to be the main antagonist in the DWM2 remake if that game gets made.

Edited by Shinryu

I just got the japanese version in the mail a week ago, I know that it is a remake and i've played the gbc version many times, but it would be very, VERY, nice if that game was localized.

I just got the japanese version in the mail a week ago, I know that it is a remake and i've played the gbc version many times, but it would be very, VERY, nice if that game was localized.

It's more then a remake. There is WAY more contant that wasn't in the original.