Sign in to follow this  
XyferDragon

Terry’s Wonderland 3D

Well, E3 announced Joker2 for international release long after it was released in Japan. So....maybe we will see it here.

I'd say if we hear of nothing by the time E3 is over, then we panic.

I'd say if we hear of nothing by the time E3 is over, then we panic.

Haha yeah, this was the original plan.

:P

Just curious, how old was J2 when it was announced at E3 back then?

Around a year, wasn't it? If I remember correctly, it was announced almost right after Professional was released in Japan.

I've brought this up several times. Joker2 was released internationally about 14 months after being released in Japan.

And this game was released not even 12 months ago.

So give it some time....

I hafta agree- E3 should be panic mode. I think we'll hafta get the demand more DQ facebook page up and running.

As for the Joker pro issue, I think it would have been wiser if, knowing a pro version was in development, not bothered with J2 and had a 2012 release of J2 Pro. We had DQ6 and Fortune St. in 2011. It would've put us in panic mode longer, but from a business standpoint, a 2012 release of a DQ title would have kept the DQ name fresher in people's minds. And the Pro game would have increased consumer confidence.

E3 is June 11-13(if I read that right), which means it will take place 1 year and 11-13 days after this game was released.

Heyyy... this is some good news:

"Recently, third-party software developers overseas have been inclined to focus on mega-hit titles for home consoles and have had less of their development studios develop software for handheld devices. Some developers, which make game content suitable for children, work on titles for Nintendo 3DS, but they are not as active as the time of Nintendo DS.

On the other hand, as the handheld devices occupy a large share of the video game market and software for handheld devices is important in the video game business in Japan, Japanese software developers are eagerly assigning their top teams to develop key titles for Nintendo 3DS.

We therefore plan to more actively support the Japanese software developers in distributing their key titles overseas this year.

Among those third-party titles both developed and published in Japan, there have been some games which Nintendo published in Europe, including the Professor Layton series. We will increase the number of such games for the U.S. market as well as in Europe. We are also willing to flexibly assist third-party developers in distributing their valuable games overseas."

That comes from Iwata.Basically, more 3ds games are going to be localized this yer.

Doesn't necessarily mean one will be TW3D, but it's still positive news.

=)

Edited by Emptystar
  • Upvote 1

I've brought this up several times. Joker2 was released internationally about 14 months after being released in Japan.

So, July 2013? Hm.

So, July 2013? Hm.

Just a month after E3. Hmm...

Definitely panic mode at E3 but considering that most games are announced at least a month or two before they are released I might even put that before then.  It's sad that getting the monsters games localized is like pulling teeth; the original game is what got me into the series.

http://www.gametrailers.com/shows/pach-attack

Pacher isn't always the most popular person in gaming, but if anyone's interested, he addresses the topic of Square-Enix being hesitant to localize games this week on his show.

I agree with what he says, I mean that's what I've been thinking this whole time.

Edited by Emptystar

Hey. I just found that dimensional dragon, Ramia, Schleiman tank, God (which you more recent fans may know as Numen), AU-1000, Tyrannosaura Wrecks, Chow Mein and Foo Yung, and Schwarzman tank were distributed as Wi-Fi present monsters almost a week ago. Foreshadowing of an international release, or easier way to get those monsters for Japanese people who weren't in Tokyo and/or missed the event at the time of their distribution?

Here's how I found out: http://www.dragonquest.jp/terry3ds/haisin/

Edited by Kabouter Slime

Well that's good news.

Not inherently indicative of an international release, but I am super glad that they're making these real easy to obtain over wifi.

xD

Infinity better than having to win them in a tournament or by going to 7-11.

Gonna be a livestream by Nintendo of America tomorrow at 6 AM to discuss "upcoming titles".

This may or may not be one.

I wouldn't get your hopes up though. They might as well just wait til E3 at this rate. Plus I'm sure they're just going to be discussing titles which we already know about. As usual.

Just fyi.

=)

Gonna be a livestream by Nintendo of America tomorrow at 6 AM to discuss "upcoming titles".

This may or may not be one.

I wouldn't get your hopes up though. They might as well just wait til E3 at this rate. Plus I'm sure they're just going to be discussing titles which we already know about. As usual.

Just fyi.

=)

Hello.. Do you have a link for that live stream?

No TW3D news, but there's always the next 3DS direct, or if it doesn't announce TW3D by then, E3 2013, our last hope.

If E3 doesn't announce it or even hint at it (or if it isn't released in America), you can start raging.

Edited by Kabouter Slime