Sign in to follow this  
XyferDragon

Terry’s Wonderland 3D

I really don't agree that the Joker 2 games are more balanced than DWM2. Or is Double Up + Showstopper an endorsement for how much better the skillset system is?

Let's face it, if the Joker 2 skillset system weren't busted, there'd be more variety in online play. There isn't. Metals were crap in DWM2 because all of them were very succeptable to "lose-a-turn" type moves, and the only one who could be bred immunity was Gold Slime. They were still just as succeptible to dying from an Evil Slash or being spammed by Quadhits.

We're not getting a less broken system in Terry's Wonderland 3D with the skillset system, we're just trading one broken system for another.

Regarding Dracky vs Nokturnus: One of these monsters could be perfectly immune, the other could be immune to only wind, lightning, lose-a-turn, mouthshut, danceshut, rockthrow/yellhelp, and Gigaslash.

You tell me which one you'd rather run.

Skillsets aren't the problem with online play. There wasn't a better variety of top-level moves in DWM2, much less a better variety of tactics people would use. There's more choices now because you can't just pick and choose the best 8 skills to use.

The issue with online play is that everyone tries to use the best. why? because nothing else is really worth using. It's not gonna change, like ever.....

If you really think metal slimes weren't cheap in DWM2 you obviously never faced one that had Parry..... That makes them functionally immune to quadhits and Evil slash. Thus the only ways to harm them at all are lose-a-turn and Mecurial Thrust.(or whatever it was called)

Showstopper is a dumb skill. so is selflessness.

Parry is what, StrongD? How is that any different from a Gem Slime using Defending Champion today? And yes, Squallhit did see use in high level play.

Furthermore, I had to deal with a Gold Slime with Dodge, which was far more frustrating.

There was about as much variety in multiplayer then than there is now, and skillsets again have NOT fixed it. Hell, the same strategies work now as they did then. Running a Metal King Slime with Selflessness (Guardian) or Defending Champion (StrongD) is still a valid stall strategy.

The most broken thing in DWM2 was the fact that resistances could be passed on. Not the limited variety of skills. The fact that you could make a Gem Slime immune to its only weakness, lose-a-turn moves, is a far worse issue.

Because let's face it, how are you intending to kill a Gem Slime and Metal King Slime team if you come across one on wifi? Double up Showstopper? Critical Miss is something that DWM2 didn't have, which is even more in the favor of metals being ridiculous.

Maybe that was the wrong name, I mean the move that creates a message "X is ready to Parry". It gives the defender a better than 50% chance to redirect melee moves to the attacker. Maybe it was named Dodge.

MEtals have HP caps now. Sure, they usually have UBER HP boost, but at least they don't have 999 HP like they used to.

That's Dodge.

And the HP cap doesn't have anything to do with the skillset system, which being compared to and supposedly being "better" than the 8 skills system is where my complaints were coming from.

The inability to pass on resistances and get 999 HP makes metals less obnoxious, but the biggest balance addition to keep metals from really breaking the game is the size increase of the best metals like Gem Slime.

I wonder where the stats will come from I bet they will give alot of monsters nerfs.

Anyways, metals with Dodge were stupidly obnoxious in DWM2.... Broken? maybe not, but not fun to play against. I suppose skillsets are a matter of taste, but i don't see the old system as better, and I'm happy they changed it.

Edited by marhawkman

I saw it briefly mentioned here. I think the problem is "multiplaying". Humans are the problem.

I tried a couple of times to play online; my teams were "bad" as it comes for competition, but I think they were nice for mixes of monster looks and abilities.

When I noticed that people (even friendly opponents) apparently did not care about that, but only wanted the same old ways to win, I realized it was really boring. And if I made my team a copy of all the other teams out there, it would be even worse.

well if that's the case, i really hope they made many interesting new skills, and the variation of probability stats are more wider and yet also more balanced. that way probabilities of winning is not always heavily stricted the same like from what i got in old battles. and maybe adding some new concept formula on battle (e.g: missing chance percentage formula improved, etc) also make the chance of winning really unknown. after all battle is not all about winning but the 'fun' and 'experience' we got on that battle rofl.... (just my opinion)

• Upvote 1

Nice, thanks for sharing that!

whats disappointing it looks like this willbe a jap release for now then next year we will get it. ive noticed a pattern and i dont like it >:(

whats disappointing it looks like this willbe a jap release for now then next year we will get it. ive noticed a pattern and i dont like it >:(

eh I don't like it, but that's the way it is. Takes time to localize it.

I would rather have it done right than done fast.

true or we got a duplicate of joker 2 pretty much............

understandable

I'm still hoping for the return of magic key worlds. They could easily use a system similar to the grottoes in DQ9 for them.

Seeing the princess from Dragon Warrior I in the bottom-left corner makes me very happy. I really, really want this game. Like, now.

Seeing the princess from Dragon Warrior I in the bottom-left corner makes me very happy. I really, really want this game. Like, now.

WAT WHERE?

Oh yes there was. She was the NPC in the stairs above the first Goopi in the arena who demanded to see a wide variety of monsters and would give you items in return for showing them to her. She's also often playing hostess to the champion of each division.

The Metaly in the Medal Man's room even muses upon you finding out his secret that the Medal Man is sad because his wife has left him.

I know the NPC, but can't really remember if she was the queen.