I just noticed that dhoulma refers to darkness/zam, so would that make dhoulmagus, darkmagus/darkmage? If so that is very very unoriginal...

Harmour needs Uber Def/Uber Attack and UberKnight, with all of that he won't take much if any physical or magical damage because of critical guard and high defense, and can dish it out too.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I Was just on nintendo3ds blog.com, and I saw this...   http://nintendo3dsblog.com/dragon-quest-monsters-terrys-wonderland-3d-is-coming-to-the-3ds

Yes, I made a topic about it in the General board earlier.   Some details worth mentioning:   - Contains all monsters featured in Dragon Quest Monsters & Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 Profess

So it's been about a month since the bombshell hit. Any new info? Screenshots, for example?

They seem like a Zam team

Can we get Greynarl's stats?

Harmour seems like a good monster for a game run, though I wonder what he synthesizes into specially?

You can make a restless armour by breeding a harmour with any Zombie-family monster, but if you're talking about any general breed, then you can make a steel demon-man/Esterk by breeding a harmour with a walrusman, and then a winged demon by breeding a harmour with a bodkin archer. And speaking of those particular monsters (except steel demon-man and restless armour, since those are already covered):

リリパット/Lilliput/Bodkin archer

Rank D/Size 1/Demon Family

Skillset: Fortifier

Traits:

スモールボディ/Small Body (dodges attacks sometimes due to its small size)

ã©ãブレイク/Crafty Poisoner (reduces enemy resistance to poison; has no effect on poison-impervious monsters)

メラ系ã®ã‚³ãƒ„/Frizzmeister (increases Frizz-type effects by 15%; MP consumption of Frizz-type spells is decreased by half)

ã©ã攻撃/Poisonous Touch (has a chance of poisoning an enemy monster when this monster directly attacks) (+25)

会心 出やã™ã„/Critical Massacre (doubles the rate of critical hits) (+50)

How to obtain: Wrecktor × Erazor blade (breed), Door of Invitation and Door of Justice (location), foreign monster master

HP: 1037

MP: 450

ATK: 526

DEF: 600

AGI: 525

WIS: 200

トドマン/Sea lion man/WalrusMan

Rank D/Size 2/Beast Family

Skillset: VS Slash

Traits:

メガボディ/Mega Body/Big Hitter (all damage this monster inflicts is increased by 1.2x)

AI 1~2回行動/Tactical Trooper (attacks 1-2 times in a row)

ギロギロ/Scare Stare (can immobilize the opposing team at the start of the battle with a piercing stare)

å¹é›ªãƒ–レスブレイク/Crafty Ice Breather (reduces enemies' resistance to Ice Breath; has no effect on enemies who are impervious to Ice Breath)

ザキブレイク/Crafty Whacker (reduces enemy resistance to Whack-type effects; has no effect on enemies who are impervious to Whack) (+25)

ã¨ãã©ããƒã‚¤ã‚­ãƒ«ãƒˆ/Occasional Oomph (can occasionally cast Oomph at the start of a round) (+50)

How to obtain: Killer ape × Eveel (breed), Farthest Door (location)

HP: 2120

MP: 328

ATK: 722

DEF: 787

AGI: 662

WIS: 575

サタンパピー/Satanpapi/Winged demon (using Dragon Warrior III (NES) name)

Rank D/Size 1/Demon Family

Skillset: Healer

Traits:

スタンダードボディ/Standard Body

れんãžã(2回)/Hit Squad 2 (launches 2 attacks in succession)

メラブレイク/Mera Break/Crafty Frizzer (reduces enemies' resistance to Frizz-type skills)

ã„ããªã‚Šãƒ†ãƒ³ã‚·ãƒ§ãƒ³/Sudden Tension (can suddenly raise its tension to 5 at the beginning of a turn) (+25)

呪文会心 出やã™ã„/Haywire Massacre (doubles the rate of haywire spells) (+50)

How to obtain: Harmour × Bodkin archer (breed), Door of the Blue Sky and Sealed Door (location)

HP: 1463

MP: 637

ATK: 825

DEF: 550

AGI: 737

WIS: 837

And since you mentioned "gigahando" after I made this post, here you go:

ギガãƒãƒ³ãƒ‰/Giga hand/Gigahando/Giant muddy hand

Rank C/Size 3/Material Family

Skillset: Crack and Zap

ギガボディ/Giga Body/Grand Slammer (physical attacks strike all enemies and damage dealt by skills and abilities increases)

テンションアップ/Tension Up/Psycho (increases tension level by one stack; if monster is in a state of super-high tension, tension can't be increased)

å°ã˜ãƒ–レイク/Seal Break/Crafty Sealer (could be any of the four DQMJ2Pro "å°ã˜ãƒ–レイク" traits)

パラメータブレイク/Parameter Break/Crafty Debuffer (reduces enemy resistance to debuffer spells)

ã“んらんブレイク/Crafty Confuser (reduces enemy resistance to confusion; has no effect on enemies who are impervious to confusion)

ã“んらん攻撃/Confusing Touch (has a chance of confusing an enemy monster when this monster directly attacks) (+25)

タメキテボディ/Tamekitebodi/Stress-Surrendering Body (when this monster takes/would take direct damage, if the attacking monster has any stacks of tension, those stacks are either removed/given to the attacking monster before damage is inflicted, or given to this monster afterward) (+50)

How to obtain: Muddy hand × Muddy hand × Muddy hand × Muddy hand (special breed), Devil's mirror × Paws (breed), Door of the Blue Sky (location)

HP: 3475 (highest HP in the game)

MP: 565

ATK: 937

DEF: 675

AGI: 687

WIS: 612

Can we get Greynarl's stats?

I already covered Greygnarl a while ago, but if you like him all that much, it's yours (though with some changes to maintain consistency with my later info; also, I know what Greygnarl's skillset is now, since he has the same skillset as DQMJ2/Pro):

グレイナル/Greygnarl

Size 2/Rank SS/Dragon Family

Skillset: Hero of the Heavens

Traits:

メガボディ/Mega Body/Big Hitter (all damage this monster inflicts is increased by 1.2x)

AI 2回行動/Double Trouble (attacks twice in a row)

デイン系ã®ã‚³ãƒ„/Zapmeister (Zap-type effects are increased by 15%; MP consumption of Zap-type effects is reduced by half)

ã¦ã‚“ã—ã®ãã¾ãã‚Œ/Comeback Kid (has a chance of reviving itself after death)

ã¨ãã©ããƒã‚¤ã‚­ãƒ«ãƒˆ/Occasional Oomph (can occasionally cast Oomph at the beginning of a turn) (+25)

マホトラ攻撃/Drain Magic Attack (saps a very small portion of an enemy monster's MP when this monster attacks) (+50)

How to obtain: Barbarus × Dragovian lord (breed), foreign monster master

HP: 1740

MP: 340

ATK: 700

DEF: 670

AGI: 650

WIS: 705

Feel free to comment.

EDIT: Finally completed the darned thing. Whew, took me so long.

Edited by Kabouter Slime

Give Giant Muddy Hand Uber Defence, Uber Attack, Attack Boost 3, Attack Boost 2(or defence Boost 3), and maybe Mime or something or Uber Knight, and you have a very beastly Giant.

Give Giant Muddy Hand Uber Defence, Uber Attack, Attack Boost 3, Attack Boost 2(or defence Boost 3), and maybe Mime or something or Uber Knight, and you have a very beastly Giant.

I've covered the monster before, but I can say it again: it does not have a multi-action trait naturally, and it is the ONLY giant with this quirk.

I've covered the monster before, but I can say it again: it does not have a multi-action trait naturally, and it is the ONLY giant with this quirk.

Oh, didn't realize you covered that monster before. Thanks for reminding me.

Edited by Kabouter Slime

I would be interested in someone saying a long catching and synthesizing line for one monster. Also, it seems the highest damage from one normal attack, unboosted or critical, would be Giant Muddy Hand, because of grand slammer. Could someone please confirm this?

I would be interested in someone saying a long catching and synthesizing line for one monster. Also, it seems the highest damage from one normal attack, unboosted or critical, would be Giant Muddy Hand, because of grand slammer. Could someone please confirm this?

I don't believe so. I think there is a damage cap.

According to what info I have, giant muddy hand has the highest attack of all size 3 monsters, so yes.

Just remember: Only after damage calculation can Giga Body be triggered (I think).

EDIT: Never mind.

Edited by Kabouter Slime

It looks like the site I use as a reference added the max stat results of the "Ultimate Combination" for boosting action times, adding a Metal Body trait, and some third thing labeled "Ultimate," which I presume is for choosing to boost parameters and/or resistances..

As seen here, it seems the Metal Body option apparently reduces the monster's max HP to around 60% (0.6x) of normal, but increases all of their other stats. I should note that the final result isn't always 600 for other monsters with a natural HP cap of 1000, and looking at other monsters confirms that the percentage varies for each monster, regardless of whether they already had a Metal Body trait or not, though their HP DOES still drop if they already had a Metal Body trait, such as Schleiman Tank.

"Ultimate" boosts max HP by around 10% (1.1x) for giant/Grand Slammer monsters, around 15% (1.15x) for medium/Big Hitter monsters, and around 20% (1.2x) for Small Body and Standard Body monsters.

Choosing to boost the monster's number of actions has different effects on stats depending on the monster.

Metarukingu stray (please translate) is op once upgraded with metal body. Dat attack.

Wait, the website messed up and attack was confused with mana, defense is attack, and agility is defense, along with wisdom repeated twice, one being actual agility.

Edited by Bluydee

Metarukingu stray (please translate) is op once upgraded with metal body. Dat attack.

Wait, the website messed up and attack was confused with mana, defense is attack, and agility is defense, along with wisdom repeated twice, one being actual agility.

"Metarukingu stray" is actually either "stray metal king" (translation of JP name) or "liquid metal king slime" (a widely-used fan nickname for stray metal king).

And while I'm at it, let me re-introduce you to my first monster, slabbit, using the ultimate, order of action, and Metal Body stats:

Slabbit (ultimate)

Rank SS/Size 2/Slime Family

HP: 2201

MP: 561

ATK: 1020

DEF: 566

AGI: 1266

WIS: 625

Slabbit (order of action up)

Upgrades: Tactical Trooper is upgraded to Tactical Genius

HP: 1973

MP: 481

ATK: 860

DEF: 471

AGI: 1086

WIS: 522

Slabbit (Metal Body)

Upgrades: Gains Light Metal Body

HP: 1101

MP: 561

ATK: 1020

DEF: 566

AGI: 1266

WIS: 625

Feel free to comment.

Is there any news on how you perform ultimate synthesis and the one that grants extra actions.

Is there any news on how you perform ultimate synthesis and the one that grants extra actions.

An explanation on how to perform an ultimate combination:

Let's say you have an ordinary blue slime with a breeding generation of +99. First you breed said slime with a freshly-scouted slime and raise the latter slime to the required level for breeding.

Then, select the Rank SS slime and upgrade it with 3 possible upgrades:

It looks like the site I use as a reference added the max stat results of the "Ultimate Combination" for boosting action times, adding a Metal Body trait, and some third thing labeled "Ultimate," which I presume is for choosing to boost parameters and/or resistances..

As seen here, it seems the Metal Body option apparently reduces the monster's max HP to around 60% (0.6x) of normal, but increases all of their other stats. I should note that the final result isn't always 600 for other monsters with a natural HP cap of 1000, and looking at other monsters confirms that the percentage varies for each monster, regardless of whether they already had a Metal Body trait or not, though their HP DOES still drop if they already had a Metal Body trait, such as Schleiman Tank.

"Ultimate" boosts max HP by around 10% (1.1x) for giant/Grand Slammer monsters, around 15% (1.15x) for medium/Big Hitter monsters, and around 20% (1.2x) for Small Body and Standard Body monsters.

Choosing to boost the monster's number of actions has different effects on stats depending on the monster.

And choose the one that strikes your fancy. The slimes will then be a Rank SS slime with, depending on what you chose, Tactical Trooper, Light Metal Body, or increased resistances and/or parameters.

The ultimate combination is also the only way to obtain the Ultra-Hard Metal Body and AI3回行動/Triple Threat traits.

Also, I don't think you can abuse this feature, so shame on those who were planning on abusing this feature to make a game-breaking team.

Wow! So every monster can achieve rank X! But....generation 99...that's gonna take some doing, but you mentioned a freshly scouted slime, was this just an example or can you not do it with any generation of synthesized monster?

Wow! So every monster can achieve rank X! But....generation 99...that's gonna take some doing, but you mentioned a freshly scouted slime, was this just an example or can you not do it with any generation of synthesized monster?

This was just an example.

And according to Proshall, you need a monster with a breeding generation of +99, and another one of the same breed, regardless of breeding generation.

Edited by Kabouter Slime

When 2 monsters are synthed together, aren't the numbers added?

Example: Slime +15 synthed with Slime +39 = Slime +54

I THINK that's how it works. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Cool. That'll give me something to do after I beat the game. let me just clarify the choices, You can choose extra actions, improved metal body or increased stats and resistances?

So is it like this:

1 action-> Tactical trooper ->Tactical Genius->Double trouble->Tactical master->triple threat?

Metabble King (Liquid Metal King Slime) had it in pro, not sure if it still does though.

Does anything even have Tactical Master naturally?

Slime family, Lleviathan, sli-dark robo, killer machine 3/gigakilling machine, Dark Emperor Godwyn (King Godwyn 2), kandar ladies, sliva ship, Xiphos, Valgirt, Wicked Beast Hihyurude, liquid metal king slime (yes, Jay the Hawkhart Ace, it still has Tactical Master), Gadis/Guardis, metal star/metal king death star, dimensional dragon, Hihyudorado, and Evil Beast Mather all naturally have Tactical Master.

Let me correct you: When a monster breeds with another:

Example A +30 × Example B +15 = Offspring +31

The numbers don't add. Instead, the offspring adds 1 breeding generation for each time it and a fellow monster breed.

EDIT: Never mind this post. (Last time I rely on DQMJ2Vanilla's breeding....)

Edited by Kabouter Slime

Slime family, Lleviathan, sli-dark robo, killer machine 3/gigakilling machine, Dark Emperor Godwyn (King Godwyn 2), kandar ladies, sliva ship, Xiphos, Valgirt, Wicked Beast Hihyurude, liquid metal king slime (yes, Jay the Hawkhart Ace, it still has Tactical Master), Gadis/Guardis, metal star/metal king death star, dimensional dragon, Hihyudorado, and Evil Beast Mather all naturally have Tactical Master.

The numbers don't add. Instead, the offspring adds 1 breeding generation for each time it and a fellow monster breed.

They Changed it again? No one will ever take the time to reach +99 now...

They Changed it again? No one will ever take the time to reach +99 now...

Nah, it's not that hard. For example. breed like, 20 times a day. It'll take a couple of hours. Continue this, and it'll take 5 days. And that's if you stop at 20 a day.