So according to your description, It's kinda like Heckling Hector?

Yes. While Heckling Hecktor reduces tension if the enemy party (or your party, in the case of the enemy) to 0 if they try to raise tension, Mutter reduces the tension levels to 0 (and lower than that).

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I Was just on nintendo3ds blog.com, and I saw this...   http://nintendo3dsblog.com/dragon-quest-monsters-terrys-wonderland-3d-is-coming-to-the-3ds

Yes, I made a topic about it in the General board earlier.   Some details worth mentioning:   - Contains all monsters featured in Dragon Quest Monsters & Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 Profess

So it's been about a month since the bombshell hit. Any new info? Screenshots, for example?

Don Mole is awsome. Uber attack boost, some woosh slashes, and maybe some extra HP and you're good to go.

I still want to know what the heck it is the Unlucky trait does. Google Translate says the monster becomes "unlucky" once its HP gets low, but I cannot find ANYTHING that says what that entails.

Mmmmmk, this is what I have gotten out of the engrish, of searching for stuff for the unlucky trait; When at 75% HP, or more it will rarely happen at the start of the turn (probably has the trait pop up, and say "unlucky"), and it will cause your monster to not be missed, not get any criticals, positive effects will be negated, and negative effects will always happen.

Also, some sites that I've seen also say that it will cause you to not have as many actions (If you have Tactical genius you will always only act once instead of the sometimes 3), but not every site that says something at all includes that, also it says rarely at the start of a turn, so it is probably not going to happen likely at all, on another note, Lucky is the exact opposite of this, and I can see some potential in that trait

seen here, scroll down some: http://translate.goo...in/data111.html

Edited by 74k

I just fused Demon Warrior Veera x Demon Warrior Syphon x Demon Warrior Argo x Demon Warrior Hogeira to make Demon Warrior Rugius. It looks like i can't fight them again. Is there any other way of getting those 4 demon warriors?

I just fused Demon Warrior Veera x Demon Warrior Syphon x Demon Warrior Argo x Demon Warrior Hogeira to make Demon Warrior Rugius. It looks like i can't fight them again. Is there any other way of getting those 4 demon warriors?

When you reach the 400 monster mark you can go down to floors 35-40 in that rank-tiered gate. (At the farm.) They appear as they're SS rank. You can also synth them again, but I'm not 100% sure how to.

Just curious, do we have Death Masker's stats yet?

Deathmasker.jpg

That guy.

Oh, and I'm curious about Jumping Jackal too, if you have the time to post his stats. Thanks!

Edit: Oh, anyone know what the size 2 monster is in the upper left corner?

yoinb1-img600x450-1343125166midxpy65581.jpg

Edited by Emptystar

Edit: Oh, anyone know what the size 2 monster is in the upper left corner?

yoinb1-img600x450-1343125166midxpy65581.jpg

They are from DQ IV names are Chow Mein and Foo Yung

They were the bosses of the post game dungeon. Huh, they are certainly using a lot of group monsters, Kandar's Mistresses, Chow Mein and Foo Yung, Bud Brothers, Dual Duelers...

Just curious, do we have Death Masker's stats yet?

Deathmasker.jpg

That guy.

Oh, and I'm curious about Jumping Jackal too, if you have the time to post his stats. Thanks!

Here you go:

デッドマスカー/Dead masker

Rank A/Size 2/Zombie Family

Skillset: Bombardier

Traits:

メガボディ/Mega Body/Big Hitter (all damage this monster inflicts is increased by 1.2x)

AI 1~2回行動/Tactical Trooper (attacks 1-2 times in a row)

ã¿ã‹ã‚ã—アップ/Artful Dodger (doubles the chance of evading enemy attacks)

ドルマブレイク/Dhoulma Break/Crafty Zammer (reduces enemy resistance to Zam-type spells)

ã²ã‚“死㧠呪文会心/Magical Desperado (a spell-based equivalent of Desperado; increases the chance of haywire spells when HP is extremely low) (+25)

プレッシャー/Pressure/Intimidating (can intimidate and immobilize the enemy party at the beginning of a battle) (+50)

HP: 1967

MP: 636

ATK: 488

DEF: 733

AGI: 866

WIS: 993

And while I'm at it:

ã‹ãã¨ã†ãƒ‘ンサー/Fighting panther/Jumping jackal

Size 1/Rank C/Beast Family

Skillset: Speedster

Traits:

スタンダードボディ/Standard Body

ã“ã†ã©ã† ã¯ã‚„ã„/Early Bird (always attacks first unless another Early Bird monster attacks or Mercurial Thrust triggers)

れんãžã(2回)/Hit Squad 2 (launches 2 attacks in succession)

アンãƒã¿ã‹ã‚ã—アップ/Fly Swatter (prevents Artful Dodger from being activated) (+25)

カウンター/Counter/Counterstriker (counterattacks after the attacking monster attacked) (+50)

HP: 1427

MP: 356

ATK: 891

DEF: 666

AGI: 1022

WIS: 444

Feel free to comment.

Death Masker looks like quite the mage.

Jumping Jackal seems interesting I might use it just need to slap on some Def Boosts

Can we get Chow Mein and Foo Yung's stats? I hope they are as devastating as there were as bonus bosses and not just some soft piece of Slime doody.

is four digit agility necessary when you have early bird?

I guess it's for outspeeding other early birds.

As mentioned before, high agility also confers evasion bonuses as well so high agility is used for more than just turn order.

500+ agility more than the opponent is required for the maximum bonus to evade which is 25% this bonus doubles for artful dodger/small body/dodgy dance of which all of those can stack.

the information can be found somewhere between page 43 and 80. (I hopped into this forum at page 43 and I know it's been posted since then)

Can we get Chow Mein and Foo Yung's stats? I hope they are as devastating as there were as bonus bosses and not just some soft piece of Slime doody.

Here you go:

エッグラ&ãƒã‚­ãƒ¼ãƒ©/Eggla and Chiquila/Chow Mein and Foo Yung

Rank S/Size 2/??? Family

Skillset: Darklight Slashes

Traits:

メガボディ/Mega Body/Big Hitter (all damage this monster inflicts is increased by 1.2x)

れんãžã(4回)/Hit Squad 4 (launches 4 attacks in succession)

ãã˜ã‘ã¬å¿ƒ/Close Scraper (can survive a killing blow and leave it with 1HP)

AI 2回行動/Double Trouble (monster will act 2 times in a row)

ã¼ã‚„ã/Mutter (can decrease the enemy party's tension levels to 0) (+25)

アンãƒã¿ã‹ã‚ã—アップ/Fly Swatter (prevents Artful Dodger from being activated) (+50)

How to obtain: Download service

HP: 1590

MP: 460

ATK: 800

DEF: 500

AGI: 1000

WIS: 455

Feel free to comment.

Seems cool might use them in conjunction with Death Masker

Also IDK if we have gone over this one but is Maveoleonyx in the game and if so what are his stats?

Edited by Madason

I didn't know agility affected dodging that much. That reminds me, can you put of Fencing Fox's stats?

Chow Mein and Foo Yung, thou shall be my slaves for ALL ETERNITY! MUA HA HA!

just get them to + 25 or +50 for the breeding generation, it's not that hard.

How to obtain: Download service

I didn't see this before. This is bad. Very, very bad.

I have 400 monsters, and yet the clown guarding the gate in the monster farm will only let me go to floor 30 for 10000G. What do I have to do for him to charge me 50000 (for S Rank gate) and 100000 (for SS Rank Gate)?

Edited by DranzerX13