I already covered Realm of the Mighty (the final main dungeon of DQIX) before, so I'll give you the last four traits: Jamming Break, Parameter Break, Occasional Underworld Fog, and Tenacity of the Dead. Does that help?

Oh, thank you !

I didn't came here for a while.

Do we know how to obtain it ? Do we have details on its skillset ? Because it doesn' really look exceptional, except its HP/DEF.

EDIT : And do you have the stats of the other ships yet ? Especially the silver ship ?

Edited by Holy Slime Knight
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I Was just on nintendo3ds blog.com, and I saw this...   http://nintendo3dsblog.com/dragon-quest-monsters-terrys-wonderland-3d-is-coming-to-the-3ds

Yes, I made a topic about it in the General board earlier.   Some details worth mentioning:   - Contains all monsters featured in Dragon Quest Monsters & Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 Profess

So it's been about a month since the bombshell hit. Any new info? Screenshots, for example?

I already covered Realm of the Mighty (the final main dungeon of DQIX) before, so I'll give you the last four traits: Jamming Break, Parameter Break, Occasional Underworld Fog, and Tenacity of the Dead. Does that help?

Oh, thank you !

I didn't came here for a while.

Do we know how to obtain it ? Do we have details on its skillset ? Because it doesn' really look exceptional, except its HP/DEF.

EDIT : And do you have the stats of the other ships yet ? Especially the silver ship ?

Here you go:

Sliva ship

スライãƒèˆ¹/Sliva ship

Size 3/Rank SS/Slime Family

Skillset: Surarin Ship

Traits:

ギガボディ/Giga Body/Grand Slammer (physical attacks strike all enemies and damage dealt by skills and abilities increases)

AI 2~3回行動/Tactical Master (monster will attack 2-3 times in a row, even when directly given an order)

ã‹ã—ã“ã•ã‚®ãƒ£ãƒ³ãƒ–ル/WIS Gamble

ã™ã°ã‚„ã•ã‚®ãƒ£ãƒ³ãƒ–ル/AGI Gamble

守備力ギャンブル/DEF Gamble

攻撃力ギャンブル/ATK Gamble (+25)

MPギャンブル/ MP Gambit (+50)

HP: 2250

MP: 480

ATK: 610

DEF: 760

AGI: 780

WIS: 355

I'll get you the ghost ship in a little bit.

EDIT: Added the Temple of Hatred and Despair skillset. Here are its contents:

Frenzy (goes all-out on a random monster (whether it's a party monster or an opposing monster)) (15 skill points)

Lingering Malhaze (seals off all magic for a few turns) (30 skill points)

Dance of Death (a dance that can send all enemies to the afterlife) (45 skill points)

Bemusing Breath (can confuse the opposing party with a boisterous belch) (60 points)

Unlucky (70 points)

Wicked Waltz (deals damage in an undetermined direction; banned in Woodus' tournaments) (95 skill points)

Natural Disaster (120 points)

Wave of Panic (impairs the attributes of a single opposing monster) (145 skill points)

Hammer of curse (Google Translate name; dunno what it does) (170 skill points)

Underworld Fog (causes all healing abilities to hurt instead of heal) (200 skill points)

Feel free to comment on sliva ship and the "Temple of Hatred and Despair" skillset.

Edited by Kabouter Slime

Here you go:

スライãƒèˆ¹/Sliva ship

Traits:

ギガボディ/Giga Body/Grand Slammer (physical attacks strike all enemies and damage dealt by skills and abilities increases)

AI 2~3回行動/Tactical Master (monster will attack 2-3 times in a row, even when directly given an order)

守備力ギャンブル/DEF Gamble

MPギャンブル/ MP Gambit (+50)

Frenzy (goes all-out on a random monster (whether it's a party monster or an opposing monster)) (15 skill points)

Dance of Death (a dance that can send all enemies to the afterlife) (45 skill points)

Bemusing Breath (can confuse the opposing party with a boisterous belch) (60 points)

Unlucky (70 points)

Wicked Waltz (deals damage in an undetermined direction; banned in Woodus' tournaments) (95 skill points)

Wave of Panic (impairs the attributes of a single opposing monster) (145 skill points)

Underworld Fog (causes all healing abilities to hurt instead of heal) (200 skill points)

Feel free to comment on sliva ship and the "Temple of Hatred and Despair" skillset.

Thanks. Temple of Hatred and Despair" Skillset is pretty cool.

Silva Ship is pretty interesting. Are you sur that it isn't MP Gamble instead of MP Gambit ? That seems pretty strange.

Can you post the Suranin Ship Skillset ?

Here you go:

スライãƒèˆ¹/Sliva ship

Traits:

守備力ギャンブル/DEF Gamble

MPギャンブル/ MP Gambit (+50)

Unlucky (70 points)

Thanks. Temple of Hatred and Despair" Skillset is pretty cool.

Silva Ship is pretty interesting. Are you sur that it isn't MP Gamble instead of MP Gambit ? That seems pretty strange.

Can you post the Suranin Ship Skillset ?

I am pretty confused between "Gambit" and "Gamble," so I can make mistakes like that sometimes.

Here's surarin ship's skillset:

Stealth Attack (5 skill points)

Shuffle (10 skill points)

Kamikazee (user sacrifices itself in an attempt to kill all enemies) (20 skill points)

Anchor Knuckle (from DQMJ2Pro; deals slashing damage with 1.3 times the normal attack, at the cost of the user going last) (35 skill points)

MP Regenerator (regenerates a little MP each turn; max. 50) (50 skill points)

Spell Splurger (MP consumption is doubled) (60 skill points)

Song of Salvation (a song that has a 50/50 chance of reviving all allies next turn) (80 skill points)

Natural Disaster (100 skill points)

Showstopper (cancels all other actions during the turn after the user's move; it can only be used once in a battle) (125 skill points)

Giga Drain Magic (150 skill points)

And while I'm at it:

ゆã†ã‚Œã„船/Ghost ship

Size 3/Rank S/Zombie Family

Skillset: Ghost Ship

Traits:

AI 2回行動/Double Trouble (monster will act 2 times in a row)

ã¿ã‹ã‚ã—アップ/Artful Dodger (doubles the chance of evading enemy attacks)

れんãžã(4回)/Hit Squad 4 (launches 4 attacks in succession)

ã¤ã­ã«ã‚¢ã‚¿ãƒƒã‚¯ã‚«ãƒ³ã‚¿/Counteractivist (bounces almost all physical attacks back at the attacking monster, except Anchor Rod, Mercurial Thrust, Body Slam, Double-Up, Double-edged Slash, Swords Dance, Multifists, and Smelly Slash)

ã„ããªã‚Šå†¥ç•Œã®éœ§/Sudden Underworld Fog (can trigger Underworld Fog (causes all healing abilities to hurt instead of heal)) (+25)

亡者ã®åŸ·å¿µ/Tenacity of the Dead (can keep on fighting for one more turn with 0HP before dying) (+50)

HP: 1688

MP: 750

ATK: 300

DEF: 800

AGI: 650

WIS: 1000

Once again, feel free to comment.

Edited by Kabouter Slime

Now, I would just like the stats of Pruslas and Baalzack. I'm pretty sure one of them have hopeful hitter. Along with Xiphos, if you don't mind.

Here you go:

ãƒãƒ«ã‚¶ãƒƒã‚¯/Balzack/Baalzack

Size 2/Rank SS/Beast Family

Skillset: Frizz and Sizz

メガボディ/Mega Body/Big Hitter (all damage this monster inflicts is increased by 1.2x)

AI 1~3回行動/Tactical Genius (attacks 1-3 times, even when directly given an order)

れんãžã(2回)/Hit Squad 2 (launches 2 attacks in succession)

スタンダードキラー/Standard Killer (deals heavy damage to Small Body and Standard Body monsters)

ギャンブルカウンター/Gamble Counter (takes more damage, but can counterattack) (+25)

ã„ããªã‚Šãƒ†ãƒ³ã‚·ãƒ§ãƒ³/Sudden Tension (can suddenly raise its tension to 5 at the beginning of a turn) (+50)

HP: 1760

MP: 530

ATK: 800

DEF: 700

AGI: 440

WIS: 625

ギガデーモン/Gigademon/Pruslas

Rank SS/Size 3/Beast Family

Skillset: Jamming

AI 1~3回行動/Tactical Genius (monster will act 1-3 times in a row, even when directly given an order)

魔神攻撃/Hopeful Hitter (misses a lot, but near-guaranteed critical hit if it hits)

ã“ã†ã©ã† ãŠãã„/Last Word (always attacks last unless it uses Mercurial Thrust or Disordered)

ã„ã‚ã¤/Imposing (can immobilize the enemy party at the beginning of a battle)

ドルマ系ã®ã‚³ãƒ„/Zammeister (Zam-type effect damage inflicted is increased by 15%; MP consumption of Zam-type effects is reduced by half)(+25)

ã¨ãã©ãリãƒãƒ¼ã‚¹/Occasional Unnatural Order (triggers Unnatural Order (reverses the intended order of actions; for example, lowest speed gets to go first, while highest speed goes last) occasionally at the start of a turn) (+50)

HP: 2965

MP: 290

ATK: 750

DEF: 800

AGI: 200

WIS: 400

I already covered Xiphos on page 68 of this topic, but if you like him all that much, here you go:

Here's some monster stats for you:

魔王ジェイム/Demon King Jeim/Xiphos

Size 3/Rank SS/Dragon Family

Skillset: Demon King Jeim

Traits:

AI 2~3回行動/Tactical Master (monster will carry out an order 2-3 times even when given an order)

れんãžã(2回)/Hit Squad 2 (launches 2 attacks in succession)

スタンダードキラー/Standard Killer (deals heavy damage to Small Body and Standard Body monsters)

ギャンブルカウンター/Gamble Counter (I dunno what it does)

パラメータブレイク/Parameter Break (I dunno what it does) (+25)

ã„ããªã‚Šç™½ã„霧/Sudden White Fog (triggers White Fog (blocks the usage of all ability skills for several rounds) without warning at the start of a round) (+50)

HP: 2100 (higher compared to DQMJ2Pro's 1900HP)

MP: 430 (slightly higher compared to DQMJ2Pro's 400MP)

ATK: 640 (lower compared to DQMJ2Pro's 800ATK)

DEF: 540

AGI: 1000

WIS: 725 (slightly higher compared to DQMJ2Pro's 720WIS)

I compared Xiphos's TW3D stats compared to his DQMJ2Pro version's stats this time around, but otherwise, it's all the same as the original post.

So anyway, once again, feel free to comment.

EDIT: Correcting a spacing error and added some additional info.

Edited by Kabouter Slime

I see why Xiphos doesn't have 1200 base attack. But Xiphos looks like an amazing physical giant. Standard Killer, 2-3 moves, 1000 Agility. 950 attack basically, Just that low health. What do you think would be a good skillset for him? I was thinking:

Uber ATK Boost

Uber HP Boost

Uber (DEF or AGI?) Boost

(Insert two warrior skillsets (Uber Knight?))

Also, if I found out correctly, does King Squid have 1000 Attack? Because that with Grand Slammer means he is extremely strong.

Edited by Bluydee

Also, if I found out correctly, does King Squid have 1000 Attack? Because that with Grand Slammer means he is extremely strong.

No, king squid doesn't have 1000ATK, and no, it doesn't have Giga Body/Grand Slammer; it has Mega Body/Big Hitter. I know because:

大王イカ/Great king squid/King squid

Size 2/Rank A/Natural Family

Skillset: Cleanser

Traits:

メガボディ/Mega Body/Big Hitter (all damage this monster inflicts is increased by 1.2x)

AI 1~3回行動/Tactical Genius (attacks 1-3 times, even when directly given an order)

れんãžã(3回)/Hit Squad 3(launches 3 attacks in succession)

ヒャドブレイク/Crafty Cracker (reduces enemy resistance to Crack-type skills; has no effect on enemies who are impervious to Crack)

パラメータブレイク/Parameter Break/Crafty Debuffer (reduces enemy resistance to debuffer spells) (+25)

ã¨ãã©ãリãƒãƒ¼ã‚¹/Occasional Unnatural Order (triggers Unnatural Order (reverses the intended order of actions; for example, lowest speed gets to go first, while highest speed goes last) occasionally at the start of a turn) (+50)

HP: 1830

MP: 430

ATK: 760

DEF: 600

AGI: 600

WIS: 305

Baalzack and Prulas seem well enough, but that King Squid is horrible(kinda). Maybe the right skillsets will help it. May we get the Eyevory Tusk-tusk please and thank you?

May we get the Eyevory Tusk-tusk please and thank you?

Here you go:

パオーム/Paomu/Eyevory tusk-tusk

Size 2/Rank B/Beast Family

Skillset: Naturalist

Traits:

AI 1~2回行動/Tactical Trooper (attacks 1-2 times in a row)

会心 出やã™ã„/Critical Massacre (doubles the rate of critical hits)

ベタンブレイク/Crafty Donker (reduces enemy resistance to Donk-type skills; has no effect on enemies who are impervious to Donk)

プレッシャー/Pressure/Intimidating (can intimidate and immobilize the enemy party at the beginning of a battle) (+25)

ベタン系ã®ã‚³ãƒ„/Donkmeister (Donk-type effects increase by 15%; MP consumption of Donk-type effects is reduced by half) (+50)

HP: 2073 (higher compated to DQMJ2Pro's 1500HP)

MP: 444 (higher compared to DQMJ2Pro's 380MP)

ATK: 733 (slightly lower compared to DQMJ2Pro's 740ATK)

DEF: 722 (higher compared to DQMJ2Pro's 640DEF)

AGI: 733 (higher compared to DQMJ2Pro's 480AGI)

WIS: 548 (higher compared to DQMJ2Pro's 480WIS)

Feel free to comment.

Edited by Kabouter Slime

Pulled up a set of stats.

Assassin brothers/Geminex/Dual Duelers

Skillset-Dual Duelers

(Has all the same things as in Joker 2)

Hp-1422

Mp-447

Attack-744

Defense-722

Agi-1111

Wis-808

Traits

Big Hitter(Damage done by this monster is X1.2)

Double Trouble(This monster will act twice per turn. When orders are given the second action will be chosen by the monster's tactic.)

Hit Squad(2 hits)(Direct attacks hit twice)

Poisonous Touch(Direct attacks have a chance of poisoning the target)

Standard Killer (increases damage inflicted to monsters with standard body and small body by 25%)+25

Crafty Ice-breather (decreases target's resistance to Ice breath attacks)+50

Eyevory Tusk-tusk is pretty decent. Give it Uber Attack Boost, Attack Boost 3, Wisdom Boost 3(mostly for MP) and then some set with various Donk spells/attacks.

I think some people misinterpret the damage bonus from grand slammer/big hitter because these traits only increase damage by a % after normal damage calculations, not before, so 800 atk does not compare to 1200 attack at all. Big hitter on something with 499 atk isn't going to let it do over 1 damage to a metal enemy, however, upon hitting 500 attack the damage dealt would be 1-9 plus the bonus.

Thought I'd share that because I don't want people to get the wrong idea and think that just because they have these traits they can break through 1000 defense with only 367 attack instead of the normal 500.

Edited by Azurus

I think some people misinterpret the damage bonus from grand slammer/big hitter because these traits only increase damage by a % after normal damage calculations, not before, so 800 atk does not compare to 1200 attack at all. Big hitter on something with 499 atk isn't going to let it do over 1 damage to a metal enemy, however, upon hitting 500 attack the damage dealt would be 1-9 plus the bonus.

Thought I'd share that because I don't want people to get the wrong idea and think that just because they have these traits they can break through 1000 defense with only 367 attack instead of the normal 500.

I thought that was common knowledge/sense.

I thought it was too and I hope so, it's just I've seen a few posts around here and someone was saying that the 800 attack one of the giant monsters had was equivavlent to 1200 attack which made me slightly cringe on the inside on how wrong that was.

Hopefully it was genuinely useful and I didn't come across as a -insert the word I'm looking for here-

Edited by Azurus

I thought it was too and I hope so, it's just I've seen a few posts around here and someone was saying that the 800 attack one of the giant monsters had was equivavlent to 1200 attack which made me slightly cringe on the inside on how wrong that was.

Hopefully it was genuinely useful and I didn't come across as a -insert the word I'm looking for here-

Yeah, that was me, I wasn't using it in a literal sense. I suppose I may have given some the wrong idea, yeah. I couldn't find a good way to say how it improves attack.

I'm gonna assume you mean the red guy with wings?

You get him by breeding the Female Demon Warrior, and the Whale Demon Warrior, and then breeding the result of that with the result of breeding the other two together.

Eh-eh. Can we get Don Mole's stats?

Here you go:

ドン・モグーラ/Don Mole

Rank A/Size 1/Beast Family

Skillset: Inspire

Traits:

スタンダードボディ/Standard Body

カウンター/Counterstriker (counterattacks after the attacking monster attacked)

ザキ攻撃/Deadly Touch (the attacking monster's attack has a chance of sending an enemy monster to the afterlife)

ã¼ã‚„ã/Mutter (can decrease the enemy party's tension levels to 0) (+25)

ãƒã‚®ç³»ã®ã‚³ãƒ„/Wooshmeister (increases Woosh-type effects by 15%; MP consumption of Woosh-type spells is decreased by half) (+50)

HP: 1520

MP: 580

ATK: 840

DEF: 940

AGI: 620

WIS: 480

Feel free to comment.

Edited by Kabouter Slime

What's T50?

T50 is Mutter, but that's what I get for relying on SOuimet's DQMJ2Pro translations (eg. T50).

Edited by Kabouter Slime