DeadMasker is a monster from CaravanHeart deathmasker.png. It is now apparently used to make Mortamor's Hands.

The other monster seems to be linked to it. This one seems to also be linked to it.

Oh, and the endless Battles from Pro seems to be back. You receive 100G x number of party won, and

a monster if you win enough battle.

(One of them is the Giant Killer Machine( it seems to be after 100 battles), and the other what I believe to be GhostShip(110/120 battles,I guess), for more than 100 batles.

(I can't find the images again). And one battle had him as a monster.

Edit : Giant Worm, Bjorn and Rebjorn,Wormonger, DrakMachine, Slabbit, Baramos Zombie

EDit 2 : Does someone knows who it is :

o0400022512013761347.jpg

at the left (image here)

It looks like Gisvarg, but a screenshot a few pages back showed him to be a 3-frame/giant monster...

EDIT: This is the monster that I presumed to be "Mather Evil Beast"'s second form, and the one that I said looks really, really dumb. I put more information in here

Edited by Shinryu
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I Was just on nintendo3ds blog.com, and I saw this...   http://nintendo3dsblog.com/dragon-quest-monsters-terrys-wonderland-3d-is-coming-to-the-3ds

Yes, I made a topic about it in the General board earlier.   Some details worth mentioning:   - Contains all monsters featured in Dragon Quest Monsters & Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 Profess

So it's been about a month since the bombshell hit. Any new info? Screenshots, for example?

His name seems to be "Demon God Zemerugiasu war".

There is a "Demon warrior Mather" in the Monster List, but I don't kow who it is...

And another monster, I don't recognize :

o0400022512013760958.jpg

at the left

First: The monster at the left is Octagoon, I believe, from Dragon Quest IX. He was in Joker 2 Professional.

Second: After you beat "Demon God Zemerugiasu war," he turns back into "Mather Evil Beast," then turns into a guy that resembles the demon warriors the post-game plot is about - I believe that's "Demon warrior Mather".

Edited by Shinryu

His name seems to be "Demon God Zemerugiasu war".

There is a "Demon warrior Mather" in the Monster List, but I don't kow who it is...

And another monster, I don't recognize :

o0400022512013760958.jpg

at the left

First: The monster at the left is Octagoon, I believe, from Dragon Quest IX. He was in Joker 2 Professional.

Second: After you beat "Demon God Zemerugiasu war," he turns back into "Mather Evil Beast," then turns into a guy that resembles the demon warriors the post-game plot is about - I believe that's "Demon warrior Mather".

First : Oh yeah, you're right, I couldn't see it really well.

Second : Do you mean this red guy ? I'm pretty sure it's "Demon warrior Rugiusu". I don't think we have seen "Demon Warrior mather" yet.

O, and it seems that the monster in my first post really is...

o0400022512013761347.jpg

Giswarg (image here), I really thought that it'll be size 3, too.

Second : Do you mean this red guy ? I'm pretty sure it's "Demon warrior Rugiusu". I don't think we have seen "Demon Warrior mather" yet.

No, I mean this guy in the middle:

o0400022512013097251.jpg

No, I mean this guy in the middle:

o0400022512013097251.jpg

I don't remember seeing it before. The name seems to correspond.

Nice find !

EDIT : The monster I believed to be a Ghost Ship is called "David Tank Magic". You obtained one for each 10 Battles after 100 battles.

o0400022512014707701.jpg

Apparently, it's located at the 3rd Floor of the last Gate, after you defeated "Mather evil beast"

Edited by Holy Slime Knight

Sorry if useless, but I translated the names as:

Demon God Zemerugiasu war - Demon-god of war Zemelgias

Demon warrior Rugiusu - Demon-warrior Lugius

Mather evil beast - Reverse-ordered parts of the name to make it "Evil beast Mather."

Killer machine 3 - Gigakilling machine, since it is a giant

David Tank Magic - Demon chariot David (or "magic chariot David")

I was just giving you translation corrections. You can use mine, but make sure to give me credit, or you can just stick to your translations.

All I did was run text through GoogleTranslate. I can't read Japanese.

EDIT: Looking at skillsets; some of the old boss skillsets have stuff added to them (to bring them up to 10 entries). Some of them, as well as some of the new skillsets, have an entry called "強者ã®ã‚ˆã‚†ã†". GoogleTranslate says this translates to "Margin of the strong".

Why does this matter? We know "強者ã®ã‚ˆã‚†ã†" in English as

Foot Dragger.

I dearly, dearly hope that this is something else entirely, as opposed to the aforementioned trait.

Edited by Shinryu

I translated katakana and hiragana, but ran the kanji through Google Translate.

Not to be mean, but all I did was ask somebody to use my translations, but first they had to credit me.

Not to be mean, but all I did was ask somebody to use my translations, but first they had to credit me.

I did not say nor mean to imply that I found anything wrong with that.

I did not say nor mean to imply that I found anything wrong with that.

Oops. Sorry if I bothered you. Guess I should stay away and keep my translations to myself.

Edited by Kabouter Slime

Oops. Sorry if I bothered you. Guess I should stay away and keep my translations to myself.

Why? I like them, and they make more sense than the gobbldegook that Google comes up with.

Just looked at Canzar's skillset. He has "ウトウト" as one of the new skills added to his set, which allegedly translates to "Asleep". We know "Asleep" outside Japan as Late Riser. So APPARENTLY someone at Square-Enix is deathly afraid of giant monsters and/or unique skillsets and thinks they need nerfing (even though they're severely underpowered in Joker 2 vanilla, bordering on useless, and only a little better in Professional), giving them godawful traits that hinder their usability.

EDIT: I looked at Diamond Slime's skillset from Joker 2 Professional. It has "ヘロヘロ" added, which GoogleTranslate claims means "Herohero;" "ヘロヘロ" we know as "Timid."

EDIT 2: Barbarus' has "ã¡ã‚‡ã†ã¯ã¤", which we know as "Rival Riler". Greygnarl, Orochi, and Yggdrasil's have "ダメージ増ボディ," which we know as "Attallergic" (All damage the monster takes is increased; it was unused in Joker 2 vanilla). Dr. Snapped's has "アンラッキー" (Unlucky, which I still don't know wtf it does). Aquarion, Xiphos, Dragonlord, Zoma, and Magarugi's skillsets have "Margin of the strong."

Seriously, Square-Enix. Stop it.

Edited by Shinryu

Why? I like them, and they make more sense than the gobbldegook that Google comes up with.

Just looked at Canzar's skillset. He has "ウトウト" as one of the new skills added to his set, which allegedly translates to "Asleep". We know "Asleep" outside Japan as Late Riser. So APPARENTLY someone at Square-Enix is deathly afraid of giant monsters and/or unique skillsets and thinks they need nerfing (even though they're severely underpowered in Joker 2 vanilla, bordering on useless, and only a little better in Professional), giving them godawful traits that hinder their usability.

EDIT: I looked at Diamond Slime's skillset from Joker 2 Professional. It has "ヘロヘロ" added, which GoogleTranslate claims means "Herohero;" "ヘロヘロ" we know as "Timid."

The someone at Square/Enix probably thinks that people wouldn't use the giants anyway. If that's the case, then why do professional players use giants?

So, Killer Machine 3. Its skillset gives it "自動MPダウン", which the fantranslation of Joker 2 Professional calls "Disenchanted" (basically it's MP degen). Orgodemir still doesn't get his own skillset, but it gets nerfed anyway by making it grant Attallergic.

Edited by Shinryu

So, Killer Machine 3. Its skillset gives it "自動MPダウン", which the fantranslation of Joker 2 Professional calls "Disenchanted" (basically it's MP degen). Orgodemir still doesn't get his own skillset, but it gets nerfed anyway by making it grant Attallergic.

They want to make Mega and Giga Body monsters, like gigakilling machine, as nerfed as possible because they believe that they're too powerful (everyone knows Giga Bodies are weak, so why nerf them, anyway?).

Gigakilling machine already wastes MP with most of its moves (at least I think), so why give it Disenchanted? Because it has high MP?

Wait a minute, I think I just answered my own question!

Maybe them being nerfed is part of the challenge. "Hey scouts! Try and train these crap monsters. Can you expect survival against your rival? Think you can meet and defeat the elite? Show me what you got. Ah ha ha!"

It really seems that D Giant are better than SS rank one. I can't explain it. Well Diamond Slime learns "herohero" just after it leans its interesting spell (Madante comes just after, but after madante, you can't really do anything, so)

Every skillset seems to learn "Margin of the strong" now

Anyway, I still plan to only use LMKS and Diamond Slime. (Still broken(maybe even more for Diamond Slime) )

Late Riser is OK if they also have "Roll Over"(Small attacks at everyone when asleep" ).

In Pro, Lleviathan gave everyone 1/2 noraml dzmage with this skill.

@ Kabouter Slime : your translation are good. "Demon/Magic chariot David" make far more sense.

EDIT : Light Metal Body are also nerfed now. 1/2 Damage (and MP consumption x2), for nearly 1/2 HP of a normal monster (Less than 1000 Hp for Horn Beetle and Armorpion, less than 1400 HP for Schleimann Tank).

But Monster that learn Light Metal Body (LMB) by their X and XY form have High HP from the start.

Shield Ogre have 1450HP/1200 Def base and LMB at its X Form

EvilMech (Named Death machine, S Rank, Didn't play DQVII so I'm not sure) 2000HP/1000Def, gain LiMB at its XY Fom.

So, either they educed their HP intheir X/XY Form, or they'll be stronger than the original LMB users.

And Metal Slimes seems to be as strong or stronger than ever. (Well, Darkonium Slime is kinda bad, but GoldSlime seems really powerfull).

Edited by Holy Slime Knight

I'm mainly irritated for the reasons I listed earlier (giants = underpowered), but also because it really just seems like a big middle finger to the player: let's look at Zenith Dragon, for example. Zenith Dragon is a nightmare to make. Now let's say you finally manage to make this magnificent beast, and you're feeling proud of yourself for the achievement. Your new monster has decent stats, and you notice he has a skillset no other monster does. Excited, you quickly give this skillset a look...and you see that in order to get the best skills from it, you need to intentionally neuter your monster by teaching it the Foot Dragger trait. Your 3-frame Zenith Dragon isn't even guaranteed to get more than one action - he has Tactical Genius, not AI 2-3, so there is the very real possibility that he won't act at all.

And what if you wanted to give this skillset to a lesser (or greater) monster? Well tough cookies, they're going to have to deal with Foot Dragger, too. Why would you offer the player an incentive pie for investing so much time and effort, only to reveal once the goal was met that you made the pie with garbage and gerbil meat? A tough-to-get/make monster's unique skillset should not have negative traits.

EDIT: Looking at skillsets; some of the old boss skillsets have stuff added to them (to bring them up to 10 entries). Some of them, as well as some of the new skillsets, have an entry called "強者ã®ã‚ˆã‚†ã†". GoogleTranslate says this translates to "Margin of the strong".

Why does this matter? We know "強者ã®ã‚ˆã‚†ã†" in English as

Foot Dragger.

I dearly, dearly hope that this is something else entirely, as opposed to the aforementioned trait.

A closer translation would be "A Warrior's Composure" or "Composed Fighter."

(even though they're severely underpowered in Joker 2 vanilla, bordering on useless, and only a little better in Professional)

I'll have to disagree with this. A little better? Giants were godly in Pro.

(even though they're severely underpowered in Joker 2 vanilla, bordering on useless, and only a little better in Professional)

I'll have to disagree with this. A little better? Giants were godly in Pro.

Yeah, you're right - I wasn't thinking. They kind of had to be, though - they were subbing for a whole team. I will not, however, deny that some of them had gone overboard (Liquid Metal King Slime, Slime Blaster, and Ruin come to mind). Any others I'm forgetting? Those are the three that immediately stand out to me as being ridiculous.

Ruin with upgraded HP Attack or Defense plus Meditate is beastly.