This was exactly what I expected. Nothing at all, so tough luck for me, since I can't import, since mom doesn't like shopping online.

I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE GRR (casts Whack on self, cue DQ death theme)

Well at least pokemon bw 2 is coming this year... :)

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I Was just on nintendo3ds blog.com, and I saw this...   http://nintendo3dsblog.com/dragon-quest-monsters-terrys-wonderland-3d-is-coming-to-the-3ds

Yes, I made a topic about it in the General board earlier.   Some details worth mentioning:   - Contains all monsters featured in Dragon Quest Monsters & Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 Profess

So it's been about a month since the bombshell hit. Any new info? Screenshots, for example?

So what's the plan now, anyone here buying a japanese 3ds to try the game or wait for an announcement of the game or wait till someone hack this region lock thingy..

Just waiting is the plan now. They'd probably announce this long before someone manages to found a way to break the region lock anyway.

While a reveal tonight would've been ideal, it doesn't mean we should count this game out-- especially because tonight ended up being all about 2012 releases.

=)

Oh the game is definately coming to america, we just have to wait, and it's no stranger for a DQ game to take it's time to get localized. Look at DQIX and Joker 2. Matter of fact, DQIX was just about a week or 2 from being an exact year. It released in the same month here a year later.

But trust me it is coming out XD I will make it so with my handy dandy, shotgun. EVen if I'm in jail, you guys can still play it ;D

Oh the game is definately coming to america, we just have to wait, and it's no stranger for a DQ game to take it's time to get localized. Look at DQIX and Joker 2. Matter of fact, DQIX was just about a week or 2 from being an exact year. It released in the same month here a year later.

But trust me it is coming out XD I will make it so with my handy dandy, shotgun. EVen if I'm in jail, you guys can still play it ;D

I'm no translator or programmer, but I'd imagine how long a game takes to reach stateside is at least somewhat proportional to how much text there is. Dragon Quest IX is a main series entry, and is very text-heavy, so with this theory, it would logically take a while. Terry's Wonderland 3DS is a remake of the original DWM; I haven't played it, but I know it actually tries to tell a story and as a result is quite text-heavy. I wouldn't expect it to take much longer to get here than Dragon Quest IX did.

I just ordered my copy of the game and a Japanese 3DS. It'll take 7-14 business days to arrive. If I rip the rom (even though it won't be playable for quite some time) there still might be a possible chance of it being hex edited, fan translated like Joker 2 Pro. Then by the time 3DS roms are playable, we'll get to play it hopefully before it's released over in North America.

It should be in my mail by June 13, 2012 the earliest.

Edited by DranzerX13

I just ordered my copy of the game and a Japanese 3DS. It'll take 7-14 business days to arrive. If I rip the rom (even though it won't be playable for quite some time) there still might be a possible chance of it being hex edited, fan translated like Joker 2 Pro. Then by the time 3DS roms are playable, we'll get to play it hopefully before it's released over in North America.

It should be in my mail by June 13, 2012 the earliest.

Hmmm, is it posssible? From what i know, no one have successfully hack the 3ds yet, but i dont know if the rom itself can be edited like joker 2 pro..if it can then that would be great, i can contribute to the walkthrough and wiki and stuff like what i did in joker 2 pro..

Grab the monster library if you can :)

Got bored and went blog-hopping again.

http://ameblo.jp/ranpha/entry-11269777185.html

Looks like those post-game villains are monsters themselves.

Also, you can team up with other characters during this adventure too. Here we see Terry battling alongside the King of Great Log. I remember reading on 2ch last week that Milly is another candidate, so I'm guessing it's her and the three kings.

That blog has some great stuff btw. Shows off Rebjorn, DeathMasker, and BeliMawr.

Monsters seem to be called "Vera" and "Rugius", or something like that.

And the butler-like guy is "Sebastian".

I did some browsing on the site.

Medusa Eye

Family: Demon

HP: 2637

MP: 503

Atk: 650

Def: 475

Agi: 662

Wis: 1100

TRAITS

Grand Slammer (All damage this monster inflicts is increased 1.5x. This monster's normal attacks and physical skills hit all enemies)

Tactical Genius (This monster will act 1-3 times)

Artful Dodger (This monster's chance to dodge an attack or physical skill is increased)

Gambling Counters (Physical damage taken doubled. Upon taking damage from a physical attack or skill, may instantly use its normal attack on the foe that hit it)

Blake Jamming? (NOTE: I can't seem to find this one)

Lucky (requires X) ("When there is less HP, luck will get better." Something happens when you have low HP)

Critical Massacre (requires Xy) (This monster's critical hit rate is doubled)

Medusa Eye doesn't seem very strong (aside from Wisdom), though I imagine ranking up would help. Not all giant monsters have their own skillset (bit of a shame, actually). It seems fusions of the multi-action, Megabody, and Gigabody traits may still exist in the game, as they're still listed, and a new one is as well (specifically, Gigabody 0-4 times), so maybe they're just displayed separately in this site's monster stats tables. Lastly, some monsters have "Small Body" listed with their traits, but I couldn't find it listed in the traits/characteristics section; I thought it might have just been what they call 1-frame monsters, but there are also monsters that list "Standard Body". Anyone have any idea what it means?

God that is alot of traits

This was exactly what I expected. Nothing at all, so tough luck for me, since I can't import, since mom doesn't like shopping online.

I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE GRR (casts Whack on self, cue DQ death theme)

Well at least pokemon bw 2 is coming this year... :)

PKMN B/W 2 looks interesting, but I don't plan on buying it for the time being.

Now that TW3D isn't announced and Rocket Slime 3D isn't being released here... make that one less reason to do anything with the 3DS for the summer and one more reason to have to buy original!Terry's Wonderland and/or Tara's Adventure if I can find them anywhere in the Twin Cities and if I have the money.

Well, regardless I'm stoked for this game even if we have to wait for a year or two. I might import this and get my sister to teach me how to read the menus and skill names.

Anyone know if the caravan hearts spirits are in? Where'd the guy who had access to the guide go? If the spirits are in, then all the monsters I care about are making it.

Anyway pokemon conquest comes out soon which is awesome (final fantasy tactics meets pokemon) and when I get tired of that, Black and White 2 will follow after.

Well, regardless I'm stoked for this game even if we have to wait for a year or two. I might import this and get my sister to teach me how to read the menus and skill names.

Anyone know if the caravan hearts spirits are in? Where'd the guy who had access to the guide go? If the spirits are in, then all the monsters I care about are making it.

Anyway pokemon conquest comes out soon which is awesome (final fantasy tactics meets pokemon) and when I get tired of that, Black and White 2 will follow after.

I mentioned a page or so back that the four Illusions of Caravan Heart are in, and are all 2-frame/medium monsters with Double Trouble. Or did you mean the elemental spirits? I don't think they're present, sorry.

I'm pretty sure it was established that the 4 spirits from Caravan Heart are already in the game. (If by spirits you mean the likes of Domedy and the rest)

Some art came up for them, (whether it be real or fake) and I remember hearing from another source that all 4 are in the game as size 2 monsters with decent enough stats to be viable options.

Due to this, assuming the game comes to states, my team choice is obvious.

Starkers - Kakalon (blue fairy-like spirit) - ThatNinjaLookingSlimeFighterBasedOnFangSlime

When looking through youtube videos I found a guy doing some wi-fi battles and he had a...Skeleton Dimensional Dragon? Is there an other info on this? Because that thing looks badass.

Edited by ss14hero

When looking through youtube videos I found a guy doing some wi-fi battles and he had a...Skeleton Dimensional Dragon? Is there an other info on this? Because that thing looks badass.

The skull dimensional dragon is dead masker (I think).

Can you give me the links, if it is legal?

The skull dimensional dragon is dead masker (I think).

Can you give me the links, if it is legal?

Here ya go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HIek_yXwA0&feature=related

It shows up about a minute in the video I believe.

The blog someone linked had a picture of that monster - I did a double-take upon seeing it. Its name is apparently Dead Masker, or at least that's what google translate of the blog claims. It's a weaker version of Dimensional Dragon, essentially (it has higher HP, MP, Defense, Agility, and Wisdom, but has Tactical Trooper, whereas Dimensional Dragon has higher Attack and will act 2-3 times).

http://stat.ameba.jp...12013087801.jpg

I want to make this thing, because HOLY CRAP THAT IS AWESOME.

What I believe to be his second form, however, looks really, really dumb.

Edited by Shinryu

I'm pretty sure it was established that the 4 spirits from Caravan Heart are already in the game. (If by spirits you mean the likes of Domedy and the rest)

Some art came up for them, (whether it be real or fake) and I remember hearing from another source that all 4 are in the game as size 2 monsters with decent enough stats to be viable options.

Due to this, assuming the game comes to states, my team choice is obvious.

Starkers - Kakalon (blue fairy-like spirit) - ThatNinjaLookingSlimeFighterBasedOnFangSlime

Sorry for double-post and sorry if useless, but my team choices will be, assuming the game comes to the US:

King mottle slime XY and King Hydra/Zenith dragon/slime family (SlimeGang)/yggdrasil (size 3 + size 1)

Kusharami (the blonde gypsy illusion) and darkonium slime (size 2 + size 2)

Mandrake marshal XY, grandpa slime, and ReBjorn (size 1 + size 2 + size 1)

Mottle slime XY (all-around), genie sanguini XY (assuming a genie sanguini can be an XY) (healer), yellow pipit XY (stat-upper and -downer), and conklave XY (attacker and scouter) (or fodder small fry and big eye for Wi-Fi matches).

Mottle, the slime fighter based on fang slime is "slanin blue."

(off-topic: I frequently window-shop for the TW3D bundle at Play-Asia.)

The site doesn't allow hotlinking. I'm hosting it now though:

Deathmasker.jpg

It's a size 2 A rank monster.

Edit: Whooooops. Thought you were talking about the Death Masker still.

Edited by Emptystar

Really? Okay, how's this, then?

EDIT: Added more information.

o0400022512013087801.jpg

There is basically no information on this thing anywhere; not even what it's like under player control. The only things I've seen are what its synthesis components are, and its name ("Mather Evil Beast"). As a boss, he has somewhere between 5378 and 6401 HP. He has Kazammle, S9 from Joker 2 Professional, War Cry, Frenzy, and Anchor Knuckle from Joker 2 Professional. He also seems to always act three times.

o0400022512013097026.jpg

His second form is called "Demon God Zemerugiasu war" (or so says GoogleTranslate), and is the one I said looked dumb (seriously? A floating, six-armed, black and red man? It's like a bad anime). Unfortunately, there's even less information about this one - only his name. As a boss, he has between 6944 and 7735 HP. He knows Kazapple, Aurora Breath from Joker 2 Professional, a new skill where the background behind your party changes to a galaxy, and some kind of status buff skill. Again, he seems to always act three times.

Edited by Shinryu

I did not mean the illusions when I asked, I'd show you what I mean but I'm a forum noob and don't know how to do things, but spirit of darkness is the one I actually want (the others would come naturally if he was present)

Also HOLY CRAP that Slime deathstar is powerful. I want one...

DeadMasker is a monster from CaravanHeart deathmasker.png. It is now apparently used to make Mortamor's Hands.

The other monster seems to be linked to it. This one seems to also be linked to it.

Oh, and the endless Battles from Pro seems to be back. You receive 100G x number of party won, and

a monster if you win enough battle.

(One of them is the Giant Killer Machine( it seems to be after 100 battles), and the other what I believe to be GhostShip(110/120 battles,I guess), for more than 100 batles.

(I can't find the images again). And one battle had him as a monster.

Edit : Giant Worm, Bjorn and Rebjorn,Wormonger, DrakMachine, Slabbit, Baramos Zombie

EDit 2 : Does someone knows who it is :

o0400022512013761347.jpg

at the left (image here)

Edited by Holy Slime Knight