• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I Was just on nintendo3ds blog.com, and I saw this...   http://nintendo3dsblog.com/dragon-quest-monsters-terrys-wonderland-3d-is-coming-to-the-3ds

Yes, I made a topic about it in the General board earlier.   Some details worth mentioning:   - Contains all monsters featured in Dragon Quest Monsters & Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 Profess

So it's been about a month since the bombshell hit. Any new info? Screenshots, for example?

It almost looks like アギロゴス, which gets goog'd into Agirogosu. I might've got one of the characters wrong, since I was looking at a chart of them and seeing which ones best looked like the ones in its name.

Oh. I was thinking he was supposed to be the spirit Rubriss, whose named is dropped a number of times in Caravan Heart.

EDIT: The monster under EvilMech is named "Shingami Knight"(sp). Again, I think it's based on the strongest variety of the knight monsters in the original Dragon Quest/Warrior. You find them in the Dragonlord's castle.

EDIT 2: The orange and red text are extra traits, which seems to confirm that the rank-up system from Joker 2 Professional is back, working not only for all monsters, but has been altered so that any monster below SS/X-rank can do it. Shingami Knight's bottom two traits are Close Scraper, and Crafty Sizzer, respectively.

Edited by Shinryu

Oh. I was thinking he was supposed to be the spirit Rubriss, whose named is dropped a number of times in Caravan Heart.

Would that be the same as Rubiss? Because that same spirit also plays a role in II, III, and even some in VI of the main series. (sorry if those were spoilers, yo) That's actually a pretty cool thought, but it wouldn't've occurred to me since I'm pretty sure Rubiss is a woman. And that monster looks kinda mannish :P

Yes, I meant Rubiss; I honestly couldn't remember entirely how it was spelled.

As an aside:

www.dotup.org3036283.jpg

What the heck is this thing, and can I kill it with fire?

The two new ninjas are "Gold" and "Silver".

Do you think you could get the Baramos Zombie picture (the one below Shinigami no Kishi)? I want to see if they did go with a more Baramos-like design.

And thanks for sharing those Genma (illusions) images. For 10 years, I had only been able to get a very pixelated and small photgraph of a pencil set with them. Now I will finally be able to use them on fan art. I am happy now.

As far as I can tell (with the blurry pic) it is indeed "AGIROGOSU". And it does look like a new monster.

It seems that this guide is a must-have! It may even rival the monster encyclopedia in usefulness.

Those are "ogre head" monsters, from Dragon Quest V. They are made up of the base and three little ogres. They tend to explode.

Do you think you could get the Baramos Zombie picture (the one below Shinigami no Kishi)? I want to see if they did go with a more Baramos-like design.

Adding onto this, I'd like to see an image of Rigor Mortex and Zenith Dragon (preferably with their stats visible).

EDIT 2: HERP DERP it's a SkulBlade from DW7, not an EvilWand.

EDIT: Aside from HP and Attack, Baramos Gonus (DW3 name) seems...kind of weak, to be honest. Sure, he has Gigabody 1-3, but I can't tell what other traits he has that could possibly justify his weakness. I'm just guessing, but it looks like Baramos Gonus can equip Spears, Hammers, and Whips (and most likely staves, as ALL monsters can equip staves in every game after Joker).

Edited by Shinryu

Whoa! Nice undead Baramos. Is Baramos's brother also included? Since he is just a recolor of Baramos, it would not take too much space...

And that is skull blade, from DQ VII.

The wand comes from DQ VI. Those are different monsters.

Adding onto this, I'd like to see an image of Rigor Mortex and Zenith Dragon (preferably with their stats visible).

Haha, unfortunately I'm at the mercy of the Japanese Blogger. He's the one with the handbook, not me. Sorry.

xD

The game is being livestreamed on Nicovideo btw.

Unfortunately I'm not a member

:X

Edit: YES!!!!!

http://dqmj2p.game-cmr.com/

Alright, it's just a matter of time now before we really get all monster data and storyline info. That site has had some great coverage in the past.

Looks like the family gates are back. You were right Sasuke.

xD

Edited by Emptystar

Actually, thats not Evil Wand. If I remember rightly, thats the SwordBane, or something along those lines... They were in Dq7

I do have an image of the Zenith Dragon. It is on the cover of one of my Caravan Heart guide books. But since someone broke into my house two weeks ago, I moved all my books and games to other people's houses for safekeeping. Otherwise, I could scan it for you. No Terry stats, though.

Can you show me high quality scans of the guidebook using your scanner instead of taking pictures? I would like to see high quality of all of the monsters appearing within this game in the guidebook.

Alright, it's just a matter of time now before we really get all monster data and storyline info. That site has had some great coverage in the past.

xD

I'm not sure I understand this. It looks like the monster info is just for Joker 2 vanilla.

xD

I'm not sure I understand this. It looks like the monster info is just for Joker 2 vanilla.

I assume they only have that particular data just because they haven't delved into the new monsters' stats yet. I'd give it time.

Can you show me high quality scans of the guidebook using your scanner instead of taking pictures? I would like to see high quality of all of the monsters appearing within this game in the guidebook.

Again, I don't actually have the book. I'm just reposting what I find. Sorry!

=(

Edited by Emptystar

I politely asked Emptystar for high quality scans of he guidebook. Can I please see all of the monsters in artwork form?

Yeah, thanks for posting all this stuff, Emptystar. Especially the Illusions.

kakaron.pngbarubaru.pngkusharami.pngdomedi.png

If my upcoming class goes well, this may very well be one of the best days I've had in a while.

xD

Woo!... Wait, in what way? Like, just that they'd still be around? Or that they'd be applied to the new families? Or that some'd have particular monsters that used to belong to an old family? XP

And it's a shame if that undead Baramos does turn out to be weak. That G next to it makes me think it's a giant monster, and Zombiemos looks too awesome to be a wimpy S rank giant, yo. Maybe that rank up will help it?

... also, I might have to stop viewing this thread XP Looking at all this awesome stuff is going to make the wait unbearable and possibly remove a lot of the surprises XP (mind, I suppose I've already spoiled myself a lot :P)

EDIT:

I politely asked Emptystar for high quality scans of he guidebook. Can I please see all of the monsters in artwork form?

He doesn't actually have the book, yo. He's reposting those pictures from a blogger in Japan.

EDIT 2:

And thanks for sharing those Genma (illusions) images. For 10 years, I had only been able to get a very pixelated and small photgraph of a pencil set with them. Now I will finally be able to use them on fan art. I am happy now.

Would just be nice is Barbaru wasn't facing his back to the viewer :P A bit limiting to poses if one's going for faithfulness, so hopefully there'll be some look-around in the viewer to get a better idea. Doesn't have to be limited to Barbaru, neither.

Edited by PantheonSasuke

Oh. I hope they surprise us at this year's E3 with a English announcement of Dragon Quest Monsters 3d, kind of like last year when Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 was announced at last year's E3. I doubt we'll be getting an English announcement of Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 Pro, since it would likely be Japan only.

And it's a shame if that undead Baramos does turn out to be weak. That G next to it makes me think it's a giant monster, and Zombiemos looks too awesome to be a wimpy S rank giant, yo. Maybe that rank up will help it?

... also, I might have to stop viewing this thread XP Looking at all this awesome stuff is going to make the wait unbearable and possibly remove a lot of the surprises XP (mind, I suppose I've already spoiled myself a lot :P)

Well, like I said, I don't know what traits it has besides Gigabody 1-3. Let's look at a monster in Joker 2 vanilla, though:

aquarion.png

Psycho (Monster can increase its tension, boosting the damage of its next damaging attack/skill. Functions like it does in DQ8)

Double Trouble (This monsters always acts twice)

Critical Massacre (This monster's chance of scoring a critical hit is doubled. Base crit chance for this monster is 8%)

Grand Slammer (This monster's standard attacks/physical skills hit all enemies. Damage inflicted by this monster is increased by - I think - 1.3x)

HP: 2450 (Pro: 2600)

MP: 250 (Pro: 240)

ATK: 680 (Pro: 600)

DEF: 730 (Pro: 600)

AGI: 700 (Pro: 520)

WIS: 420 (Pro: 400)

So here we have a monster with pretty low stats. He can't really cast spells because of how low his Wisdom is; his Attack is also quite low, and his Defense isn't great, either. So what makes Aquarion good? In a game where about half the giants don't act more than once or only have a CHANCE of acting more than once, Aquarion offers consistency with his Double Trouble trait. Next, we have Critical Massacre - crits happen more often than you think, and in the DQ series, critical hits ignore the opponent's defense. Now let's add on the fact that Grand Slammer makes Aquarion attack all enemies at once, and he has a pretty good chance of scoring AT LEAST one critical hit per round. This setup was actually so good that they nerfed all of Aquarion's stats in Professonal except for HP, which is the highest in the game. He also gained Rarely Magic Barrier, which makes him have a chance of gaining the Magic Barrier buff at the start of each round.

Sasuke, I thought about that, too. And part of Kakalon's skirt is covered by another monster. But I think the in-game models will help filling in the gaps.

It almost looks like アギロゴス, which gets goog'd into Agirogosu. I might've got one of the characters wrong, since I was looking at a chart of them and seeing which ones best looked like the ones in its name.

EDIT: The monster under EvilMech is named "Shingami Knight"(sp). Again, I think it's based on the strongest variety of the knight monsters in the original Dragon Quest/Warrior. You find them in the Dragonlord's castle.

EDIT 2: The orange and red text are extra traits, which seems to confirm that the rank-up system from Joker 2 Professional is back, working not only for all monsters, but has been altered so that any monster below SS/X-rank can do it. Shingami Knight's bottom two traits are Close Scraper, and Crafty Sizzer, respectively.

It is indeed "Agirogosu," PantheonSasuke, but I translated it to Agilogos.

Shinryu, it's actually reaper knight, but I guess "shinigami knight" is OK, too.

EDIT: Can someone get higher-quality scans of what's already posted, but a few more too (slabbit, Zenith dragon, dragon machine, metal star, and (if it's in here) slime family (SlimeGang, to make things simpler for those of you used to the latter name))? Also, can anybody confirm if master slime made the cut?

Edited by Kabouter Slime

Woo!... Wait, in what way? Like, just that they'd still be around? Or that they'd be applied to the new families? Or that some'd have particular monsters that used to belong to an old family? XP

Just that they'll be around. I saw the "Gate of Sleep" listed and it had all-Zombie monster. A lot of the other gates weren't filled in yet, so no word on whether or not they'll be using the new families.

And now-- MASSIVE spoilers-- I found a youtuber uploading a playthrough!

=D

I'm just posting this one. Atm he has 4 videos of it up... Just follow the link to his page.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by Emptystar