And suddenly-- screenshots.

http://www.4gamer.ne...97/20120521020/

Looks like these are from last month's V-Jump (?). The one about the secret eggs.

Looks like they're keeping the breeding room in the roots relatively the same.

Edit: Oh man, I wish those cute little warthogs wearing the White Mage hats from DQX were in this.

;_;

Edited by Emptystar
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I Was just on nintendo3ds blog.com, and I saw this...   http://nintendo3dsblog.com/dragon-quest-monsters-terrys-wonderland-3d-is-coming-to-the-3ds

Yes, I made a topic about it in the General board earlier.   Some details worth mentioning:   - Contains all monsters featured in Dragon Quest Monsters & Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 Profess

So it's been about a month since the bombshell hit. Any new info? Screenshots, for example?

Wha- a jailcat? That doesn't seem very rare or exciting XP Would kinda stink if that's the egg you got from the ethereal serpent :P (which, since it's in those screens, I suppose is still the source of an egg)

This looks neat, though. The screen shots almost seem to suggest that these monsters already have some + on them, unless there's a detail I'm not getting from the text.

And that sounds like a good explanation, Cesar. I certainly wouldn't know the meat of that kinda stuff, yo.

She(?), rubble, cyber, (metal) kaiser, shell, angel, drake, mottle, and wild.

The cyber one's gonna plug ya, yo.

Too bad you'd have to leave one out if you were going to have 4 vs 4. The metal kaiser one's some fancy shmancy event exclusive, so he could probably go on the bench :P

Sasuke, you spotted the + number in the screenshots. Good job, man.

Those are screenshots of the egg system in general.

The first pic mentions the sky dragon egg, and the caption mentions that this happened in the original game, as well.

Then we see the monster old man receiving the eggs so they can hatch.

The example is the prisonyan (cat), but this was done through breeding (synthesis).

Then they present the black egg, the silver egg, the gold egg and the rainbow egg, mentioning that the name of the egg has is a hint to the monster you can receive from it (I guess the rarer the egg, the more special the monster). The example has a silver egg with a slime kaiser coming out of it (it's an Addams!).

Then they show the item shop where you can buy those eggs, life acorns, mage books and Queen books (Queen is the Queen Gulheart skill, I think it is hawkheart III or something like that here).

I guess I will choose the shell slime, since it is green. It seems only the boys get blades on their boots.

What do the girls get? Giant ribbon bows at their backs.

^Cesar you're a lifesaver. awesome translations!

=)

Anyway, new scan crappy-resolution cellphone pic!

dqm_wonderland3d_scan.jpg

Curious as to what those monsters are that are representing each gate. At first I thought they were going to be the new bosses (because of Wild Slime and Cure Slime), but Treeslime doesn't seem very boss-like And we already know Divinegon is gonna remain a boss, so I doubt they'd have Boreal Serpent being one too.

=/

Maybe they're just the enemies you can find there?

Anyway, King Godfrey and a new type of Goodybag confirmed.

I guess I will choose the shell slime, since it is green. It seems only the boys get blades on their boots.

What do the girls get? Giant ribbon bows at their backs.

Maybe they think dudes are awful at maintaining there toenails? Meanwhile, the gals are well pedicured so they don't have to worry about things sticking out of their boots?

I like how the new goodybag deals with the mundane. No priceless treasures, just containers and meat :P I wonder if it'll have Lootist? Looks like it might be D rank, while I think I see SS (X) next to the metal king death star and S for King Godfrey.

Some goofs, though. That's a healslime, I think, and the curly dragon that was a boss in the old game was an ethereal serpent, not Xenlon, yo. Still, maybe some of the monsters shown are bosses and others are just noteworthy mentions? A good number of the boss fights in the original were recreations of scenes from the main series, and I don't remember leafy larrikins having such a role :P

The game will be hitting shelves soon in Japan, I think. I suppose anyone importing or living over there who comes around here can fill us in on some of the questions we've been having, yo. If they want to.

Nice find about the ranks. I Wouldn'tve picked up on that. And yeah, I got my names mixed up lol. I agree that they're bosses and enemies.

I've already been talking to someone who says he'll do a playthrough and upload some videos, so it'll be only a matter of time. I'd imagine the first week in June (just because the bundle will take ~3 days to ship) is when we can expect some english ones.

MUST. HAVE. NEW. GOODYBAG!

Maybe they will give it some sort of scout trait, since meat can be used to help scouting odds.

The metal star looks interesting, but I wonder how it will compare to canzar, slime blaster, liquid metal king slime, sli-dark robo (RoboSlime), the tanks, the ship, or the slime family (SlimeGang). Nice to see that they're adding more Giga Body slimes, though I hope they're not forgetting about Mega Body monsters as well.

Who knows, they may add master slime eventually (though there's only four more days before it gets released), but they could be keeping its inclusion highly confidential in order to surprise some people (if it ever is added).

I was reading on the official site and it says that all those Slime Ninjas must be downloaded at one of the many places and it varies in each region. My Japanese isn't great but I think that's what it says. And the Purple one is 6/22 for every place and you can only get one a day, even if you go to other downloadable places.

I just checked the Stronger Version part on the main site and notice something strange :

There are two versions of the SS Slime : One with Tactical Trooper and four others traits and another with Tactical Genius and lesser Max stats.

It seems to be the only difference between the two.

Does someone knows what it means ?

I just checked the Stronger Version part on the main site and notice something strange :

There are two versions of the SS Slime : One with Tactical Trooper and four others traits and another with Tactical Genius and lesser Max stats.

It seems to be the only difference between the two.

Does someone knows what it means ?

Where did you find it? I can't seem to find it.

In the Breeding session of the official site, choose the second option and there is a part that show a Rank SS Slime,

and there is another scan at the back of the page in a brown Box with a Red Title, just above the scan that show A Slime attacling A

FairyDrake, Rhino.

It's a smaller scan, but you can clearly see the "AI 1-3"

Do you knows what's written ?

I've been running things through Google Translate to know what things say. Unfortunately, nearly everything on the official site is an IMAGE, and not text that can be highlighted. I see what you mean, though, and it's definitely peculiar - it's possible that it's a different monster entirely, but I doubt it. Maybe it's because of a special skillset, though if that's the case, it could break the game wide open. Sure, I'll take Metal King Slime with Tactical Genius.

In the Breeding session of the official site, choose the second option and there is a part that show a Rank SS Slime,

and there is another scan at the back of the page in a brown Box with a Red Title, just above the scan that show A Slime attacling A

FairyDrake, Rhino.

It's a smaller scan, but you can clearly see the "AI 1-3"

Do you knows what's written ?

AI 1-3 is a trait that means when you let the AI control the monster, it moves 1-3 times each turn. Most boss monsters and other such "grand" monsters have it in Joker 2.

AI 1-3 is a trait that means when you let the AI control the monster, it moves 1-3 times each turn. Most boss monsters and other such "grand" monsters have it in Joker 2.

I'm pretty sure he was referring to why there was an image of an SS-rank Slime (via the rank up system) with Tactical Trooper/AI 1-2, and another with Tactical Genius/AI 1-3.

I'm pretty sure he was referring to why there was an image of an SS-rank Slime (via the rank up system) with Tactical Trooper/AI 1-2, and another with Tactical Genius/AI 1-3.

Exactly !

There's two almost identical Slimes. All the traits are the same, except Tactical Trooper/Tactical Genius.

Also, although the stats in the second screenshot are weaker( I assume it's max stats), they are proportional.

There's too much in common between the two screenshots to be just a coincidence.

Can someone read Japanese well enough to see what it means ?

Hey guys, look what i've found..the actual gameplay footage of the game!..=D

And what i've notice is the navigation inside the gate is still the same as the old one, where you jump into each holes of each floor to get to the next floor..

Gameplay starts at 1:40

[media=]

[/media]

And in this video, it seems to me that zapbird has made a comeback and even bigger than rainhawk..lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YTH0GUuXxA

Edited by velato

So that is ZapBird. So now I need to find this, a Rainhawk and a Kapurigon.

So that is ZapBird. So now I need to find this, a Rainhawk and a Kapurigon.

I believe it's zap bird from the looks of the sparks om its body but it can be snowbird/blizzardy too...coz it looks similar to the one in DQMJ2

It's definitively not a blizzardy. The feathers are too dark and as you said it has sparks. It is most likely a ZapBird, I thought it may have been a Purgatory bird, but apparently not. We'll just have to wait and see, either way, I want it.

The videos seem to freeze a bit now and again. Is it just me, yo?

What, no screen wiggling when entering a teleportal? What a rip. That used to be the teleportal thing. Besides being a swirly. Blagh. Also looks like you get skill points at level 3, now. Not a lot, but I guess that smidge helps. Chick totally lucky shot scouts that demon anteater :P Actually, scouting (at least near the start) doesn't seem like as huge a hassle it was in Joker 2, and that's kinda nice. Picky (listen to her say it XP) / Bludgerigar totally looks like a spiked hare reskin...

... Ugh... that is Zapbird. It's name in Japanese looks the same as the name in the original game (サンダーãƒãƒ¼ãƒ‰). It's still a cool looking monster, but I like how it looked before, like some sort of dragon-bird-cloud combo, not some enlarged snowbird with static issues. Bleh.