Sign in to follow this  
XyferDragon

Terry’s Wonderland 3D

I believe the Megami Tensai did "monster catching RPG" before anyone, but the main characters in that were decidedly NOT useless.

Whoa, how did I miss this? Awesome! I hope they throw in some DWM2 stuff as well.

Hell, if they confirm this for a US Release, I'll buy a 3DS tonight. We won't see confirmation or denial until like 2014 though. And they certainly won't let us get DQM1R until there's a Pokemon game on the 3DS, so... ~welp~.

This is a 3DS seller for me as well, if we get it. We missed the original PSX remakes...don't screw up SE, give us this one!

that will be awesome to stick the monsters from DQMJ2 pro in this. id pay 100 for the game.........and sell professional for 50...........

Hell, if they confirm this for a US Release, I'll buy a 3DS tonight. We won't see confirmation or denial until like 2014 though. And they certainly won't let us get DQM1R until there's a Pokemon game on the 3DS, so... ~welp~.

This is a 3DS seller for me as well, if we get it. We missed the original PSX remakes...don't screw up SE, give us this one!

I had no urge to even buy a 3DS until I heard about this game. The fact that its so far off makes me cringe a little, but I guess I can wait.

So a US release announcement would be like the best Christmas present they could give us, any word? Even unofficial, like when the DQ DS remakes / DQMJ2 localization guys started talking on GAF forums? ;)

Yeah, I'm buying this game in English or Japanese, I don't care. And they better come out with a DQM2 remake, too. I just hope no one says "Blimey" or "Guvnah" in it...

Let's hope it gets translated, because we could only play the Japanese games in a Japanese 3DS... Or is there a way to mod it the 3DS to get rid of the region lock?

I hope it plays more like the original and not like Joker. (I don't like synthesis and ranks better than what it was like in the first two monsters titles). Please don't change Terry to a big haired freak either. :D

Let's hope it gets translated, because we could only play the Japanese games in a Japanese 3DS... Or is there a way to mod it the 3DS to get rid of the region lock?

From what I read the other day Nintendo may in the future disable region lock when that maybe I have no idea.

• Upvote 1

From what I read the other day Nintendo may in the future disable region lock when that maybe I have no idea.

Really?? Do you remember where you read this? I just bought a 3DS this past weekend, and I do like to import a few titles, so this is of particular interest to me! Oh I do hope this comes true.

• Upvote 1

if ANY DQ game comes to 3ds i will buy one

Well you're in luck cuz like 3 rumored are in the works total

I love my 3DS, but more on topic!

http://nintendoeverything.com/79207/new-dragon-quest-monsters-terrys-wonderland-3d-scans-show-first-screenshots/

WE GOT MAH TREE SLIME BACK UP IN THIS PLACE. Oh tree slime, how i've missed you <3

• Like 1

That first picture looked like Rhapthorne 1 was in it.

Every monster from Joker 2 pro in confirmed to be in it, so wouldn't be a reach

Every monster from Joker 2 pro in confirmed to be in it, so wouldn't be a reach

Yea, just trying to figure out what they all were.

*GrandAlchemist looks at the two pictures*

...uh-oh.

The Disappointment Monster is already rearing its ugly head. Need more info.

How can anybody be dissapointed, the most amazing underappreciated slime is confirmed to be alive and well. This is the greatest blurry screenshot they could have posted

I'm disappointed because it looks like the Joker games with the behind-the-back view and monsters being out in the open instead of being random encounters. This makes me worry that they've changed other facets of the game to be more like the Joker games. DWM1 is my favorite "Monsters" game and I disdain the Joker games... so anything that takes a game I love and tries to make it like games that I don't love gives me reason for concern.

A combination of DQM1 and the Joker games is exactly what I wanted. Most of what they're likely to bring over will be for the better, so as long as it retains (and hopefully improves) the random dungeon feature, I don't see the problem.

Really?? Do you remember where you read this? I just bought a 3DS this past weekend, and I do like to import a few titles, so this is of particular interest to me! Oh I do hope this comes true.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-01-19-nintendo-defends-3ds-region-lock

This might be a good place to note that there seems to have been some progress in 3DS flash carts (true 3DS flash carts, not just the kind that only play DS and DSi ROMS). A development group is making one under the name Crown 3DS. GBATemp made an announcement about it, and the group's home page has some more details as well.

Looks like the only game currently supported is that Tom Clancy Splinter Cell one, but I am assuming that since they can get that to work, they can grow the compatibility list with a little bit of time. I would assume that as the technology matures, they will have ways of by-passing the region-lock.

I guess we can just wait and see.

A combination of DQM1 and the Joker games is exactly what I wanted. Most of what they're likely to bring over will be for the better, so as long as it retains (and hopefully improves) the random dungeon feature, I don't see the problem.

Exactly, I feel like going through all the dungeons we went through when we were younger in DWM being remade into 3d would be crazy. It'd be like a nostalgic trip, but at the same time it would be new and exciting. Not to mention 3d random dungeons would be amazing.