Sign in to follow this  
XyferDragon

Terry’s Wonderland 3D

sweet, this just made my day, i glad gadisu had a chance to came to this game,

i really hoped this game gets localized or else my desperation toward pro will be for nothing..

oh and i hoped they made a lot of more super bosses in this game (take nokturnus,gadisu,the white monkey freak from pro,corvus , and others, maybe also orgodemir in his multiple forms (not just his first form)

As much of a sucker for nostalgia I am, I'd like to see some superbosses that are maybe... original? Like how Rigor Mortex is in 2, and that freaky monkey you mentioned (his first form, too) in Pro. The Monsters series felt like it used to make a good amount of new monsters with each game, but that kind've took a nosedive when they made the first Joker and the vast majority of monsters were taken from those present in VIII. Even Joker 2 feels like it used a lot of established creatures instead of brand new ones.

It'd still be great seeing some old faces (I'd hope they'd have Flucifer in this one), but I think new stuff would be just as awesome, if not more. This doesn't go for just superbosses, but normal monsters as well. We've seen a lot of cool stuff from Terry's Wonderland so far, but I think the only new monster that's been shown is that evil book, and that one kinda reminds me of the book mimic from VII.

I still dislike the idea of adding in more human/characters in as monsters.

=p

But on the topic of superboss monsters, what do you guys hope happens with this post-game?

I really agree with PanteonSasuke again. Yeah, new monsters as superbosses seems more appealing imo. That said, I never got that far enough into the game to fight any of the final bosses so I might be biased.

That said, if they do decide to go with the old-final-boss route, they should at least account for the main-series final bosses that were created after DWM. Orgodemir, Rhapthorne, and Corvus.

Also, I really hope the post-game gates don't replace the old ones like in the original. Just opening up a room deeper in the Tree with all of them in it would suffice.

Edited by Emptystar

All three of those were in Joker 2, so given Joker 2 monsters, it'll probably be there.

I'd personally like to see the 99 floor gate refurbished and actually completed. Every 9th floor you fight a boss, like Darck, Snapped, and Malevolynx.

I'd personally like to see the 99 floor gate refurbished and actually completed. Every 9th floor you fight a boss, like Darck, Snapped, and Malevolynx.

I'd like to see that. With a super-powerful Nokturnus at the end, right? That would be amazing.

Also, I really hope the post-game gates don't replace the old ones like in the original. Just opening up a room deeper in the Tree with all of them in it would suffice.

I... don't remember the old gates getting replaced. Weren't all of the non-secret family-oriented gates in their own section after all the ones used during the work up to the tournament?

Also, if they were to fit in Orgodemir, Rhapthorne, and Corvus, would that require changing some things around? Not counting the ??? / mysterian / demon lord / demon king / archfiend family, there were nine families in the original game. Six of those pertained to the final bosses (with the one for II requiring a second clearing...) while I think the remaining three were supported by Baramos, Estark, and, uh... erm......

Gah, I can't remember now. I recall Murdaw being part of Monsters 2's storyline, but I can't remember if he ruled over one of the family gates in the original, if there were even nine of them. And I don't think it's been that long since I last played the game. Anyway, I think what I'm trying to get at here is how might they go about making it work? There were nine families then, not counting the ??? one, but now there are only, what, eight? (Slime, Dragon, Nature, Beast, Material, Demon, Undead, ???... yeah, eight) Take out the family reserved for certain archfiends and the incarni and that leaves you with seven, which isn't enough to account for all the games in the main series. Mind, if they're bringing back all the original cast and then some then the monsters that belonged to the certain families could still be used, even if they're in a different family now (like how most / all Bug, Bird, and Plant family members make up Nature). But that'd still leave things at nine, which would mean Baramos, Estark, and possibly Murdaw would have to be removed as the bosses of those worlds to make room for the villains of VII - IX.

Of course, they're designing the game. They can do whatever they want. They might leave the family gates as they were and then make new ones for the villains included since then with whatever monsters they feel like as the encounters. I don't think the game is that far off from release in Japan, so we'll probably know all about what they wound up doing with that.

(this post probably would've been fine if I just left it at my response to the initial gates being replaced with the family ones)

Murdaw was a boss, If I remember right, the bosses were:

Dracolord, Hargon, Zoma, Estark, Psaro, Nimzo, Murdaw, and Mortamor.

Or maybe they'll switch to a DWM2 style gate. :P walk over to the gate and it'll ask you where to go. I liked that feature.

• Upvote 1

Actually, I think we've already gotten a look at what the Traveler's Gate / teleportal hub will look like.

dqm13ds_031.jpg

See that pinkish-red spot? There's a larger picture where you can definitely tell it's a gate, but I chose this picture because it gives a better view of the room. Those other elevated spots around that hole-looking thing the gate is near? I imagine them lowering to the ground and becoming active gates. Mind, we haven't been shown anything of the sort, but that definitely looks like how it works, yeah? I think so, at least...

... also pretty sure there'll be those extra gates, or at least the one obtained after the tree grows and the axe knight and lips pairing are reunited at last. I know I saw the picture somewhere, but it doesn't seem to be in the Den's collection...

And now I'm going to go look through the rest of this topic and see if this bit about the hub has already been brought up, because it probably has. And I probably restated it all like a fool. Yaaaaaaaay...

I coulda swore I saw a screenshot where a gate was blue like in the original, so I thought they would turn blue after you entered/ beat them for the first time. But looking back they're all red, so I guess I'm wrong.

xD

I'm personally not a fan of the round shape they're laid out in, in fact I'm guessing the only way to tell them apart is by talking to the guards down there.

I can almost guarantee you that the guards will say "to my right is the gate of ____ and to my left is the gate of ______" when you talk to them.

Honestly, the gates being separated into rooms worked better. But whatever, I can get used to this.

Also, I think that gate room will expand as the tree grows, considering it only has 8 gates and there were like 15 in the original. Maybe that hole in the center will open up or something?

Anyway, back to the post-story bosses. I definitely would prefer it if they had all new superbosses replacing the final-bosses. But considering the rest of the gates are all (mostly?) homages to previous games, having final bosses making up the post-game challenge makes more sense.

That said, I don't think the one-family gates will make it into the game with, as you pointed out, the merging of the beast, bird & insect families. Though switching out Estark, Baramos, and Murdaw for the new final bosses works for me.

Also, here's that screen of the gate in the monster ranch:

dqm3D18.jpg

Edited by Emptystar

Also, a bunch of new monsters revealed. Ragged Reaper, Fire-Eater & Ice-Breaker, Gasbag, some retro armored-rhino monster that looks really familiar, and some miniature Estark thing.

None of them actually appeal to me except for Ragged Reaper.

If you look at this page http://www.dragonquest.jp/terry3ds/character/new_monster.php#main it lists which game the monsters are from.

I'm personally not a fan of the round shape they're laid out in, in fact I'm guessing the only way to tell them apart is by talking to the guards down there.

That had occurred to me. If you take a look near the pillars and gates, you can see a little marking stone in front of them.

dqm13ds_032.jpg

Not a good angle to see the one in front of the possibly active gate, but you can see one with clumps of grass around it, just behind the guard Terry is talking to. Those might be used to tell which gate is which, if not the guards. And it probably wouldn't be too hard to tell the gates apart once you start relating them to the rest of the room (though I'm sure I'll still probably stumble into the wrong one by mistake).

Also, I think that gate room will expand as the tree grows, considering it only has 8 gates and there were like 15 in the original. Maybe that hole in the center will open up or something?

I kinda thought there'd be more gates behind that door in the back, but something having to do with the hole is possible as well :P

Nice find, I didn't even realize those little stone markers until I looked back.

xD

Those will definitely make the room easier to navigate around.

=)

Nor did I even consider the possibility of stuff being on the other side of that big door lol. Yeah, that's definitely a better idea lol.

xD

Also, I tried re-posting that image of the secret gate.. If it doesn't stay, I'll try hosting it on my photobucket and see if that does the trick.

Gah, I can't remember now. I recall Murdaw being part of Monsters 2's storyline, but I can't remember if he ruled over one of the family gates in the original, if there were even nine of them. And I don't think it's been that long since I last played the game.

Yeap, Murdaw was part of Monsters 2, wasn't he a mini boss before Darck? I can't remember but I do remember fighting him before Darck.

And yes, he ruled one of the family gates, I think that was the gate in the Greatree Arena?

I really can't remember clearly. I remember Baramos' usual gut-eating line, and Estark looking like he was standing around in some bubbling landfill, but Murdaw's a bit vague in my memory as far as the original goes. I guess he stood out more in Monsters 2. His role there was more along the lines of the last boss of the sky world. I think you fight that thief guy one last time before you go up against Darck.

I moved to Japan around a good time. I plan to buy the "Remake" and the Dragon Quest Themed 3DS the day it releases (=

I hope it's a good game (=!

• Upvote 1

Better reserve it, man. If the games are as popular as they're claimed to be, those stores are gonna be mobbed. (and the delivery trucks might get backed up, too)

But yeah, I also hope it's good. I've certainly liked most of what I've seen so far.

I wish I knew where to reserve it >.>

Joker 2 was backed up in America, It must be crazy in Japan. They had to make a law so it would only release on weekends.

Isn't that a myth, yo? Like, they didn't actually make a law, only kindly request that the games not be released during work and school days? :P

And I'm sure there's gotta be video game stores somewhere, yo. Are you still getting settled in? Maybe you could ask one of the workers that's helping you move things in?

A friend from Spain lives in Japan. He documented his visit to the store on the day Joker 2 was released. Not big lines or a bunch of people buying it. He said there were like three or four other people buying it.

So, I do not think you will need to pre-order it. There should be enough supply.

Isn't that a myth, yo? Like, they didn't actually make a law, only kindly request that the games not be released during work and school days? :P

True. I mean, what PantheonSasuke said about it being a myth is true. There was a request made after DQIII and Enix agreed to it. Don't know if that really applies much anymore, but it was never passed as a law, despite what many have claimed.

Yeah, the law thing is untrue. However, it IS true that main series releases are weekend only.

As for the lines, those are also only for new main series releases. Spin offs sell considerably less.