Terry’s Wonderland 3D

Spotking has always been one of my favourites. It being absent from three DQMs in a row was criminal.

He always had a lost-dog kinda look to him. Cute!

Someone translated the new site's breeding section:

http://nintendonews.eu/3ds/2012-03-21-dragon-quest-monsters-terrys-wonderland-3d-details-blending

Looks likes it's similar to DQMJ, at least in terms of having more than one breeding option available to select.

And it looks like that evil book monster doubles as some sort of skill-changer.

... it translates as Blending?

Bahahahahaha!!

"Gem slime and Xenlon! Will they blend? Let's find out!" *bzzzzzRRRRRrrRRRrrrRRRRRRRRrroooooo* "Don't breathe this."

EDIT: Seriously, though, cool to see this translated, though it looks like it was done roughly. What I would REALLY like to see is a translation of the monster names shown in those synthesis combos. They're pretty much giving away the ones for the big blue grizzly, frighturn (or maybe that's urnexpected?), dark troll (or stout troll?), and meowgician right there, and likely others that aren't selected on the screen. That bear especially, if it'll be anything like the original, although its stat screen doesn't look like it'll be a fast leveler. 24 to level 2, yeouch. I think magmalice is like that, amongst others.

EDIT 2: I also like how that translation combines 'mother' and 'monster' into 'monther' :P

Edited by PantheonSasuke

Yeah, blending sounds pretty ridiculous. Hopefully they'll call it Synthesis again if/ when it's released over here.

But I don't think the Grizzly's new leveling rate is particular a setback, he's a size-2 monster now so I think it balances out.

New screens!!

=)

http://www.realmofda...mes/3ds/tw/ss/3

I don't think the site allows direct linking iirc, but I'll try:

129.jpg

^Hornbeet (and that female slime motorcyclist from DQMJ2P) are size-2 monsters.

135.jpg

^...mii integration?

=s

146.jpg

Another DQX monster!!

monster_006.png

147.jpg

^WOW!!

Also, a bunch of new monsters revealed. Ragged Reaper, Fire-Eater & Ice-Breaker, Gasbag, some retro armored-rhino monster that looks really familiar, and some miniature Estark thing.

None of them actually appeal to me except for Ragged Reaper.

Edit: Also, anyone notice that once screen with the Fire Eater and Ice Breaker looks like it's on Namek from DBZ?

lol

Edited by Emptystar

you did may attention to the name of the guy who designs that stuff right?

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Akira_Toriyama

http://dragonquest.wikia.com/wiki/Akira_Toriyama

Yeah... same guy. which is why people keep comparing the DQ characters to DBZ characters. Same creator, same art style.

Nice to see them working in more monsters from X. I hope that little bamboo soldier's gonna be in this, yo.

And good lord, medusa eye looks scary big. Magarugi looks a lot more menacing in these graphics, too. Fire-eater and ice-breaker look like they're going to act as a single monster. They better be good, because they were stupid-annoying in V. And steel demon, I think it's called... not sure what to say. I guess that monster always looked kinda goofy in VII, and it still does here :P Will hopefully be good, though. Not sure what to make of hornbeet being size 2. I wonder if coatol will be that size, also?

Mii-integration looks wacky :P

EDIT: Widow's pique looks a lot scarier in these graphics, too XP Nice being able to make its features out better.

Edited by PantheonSasuke

you did may attention to the name of the guy who designs that stuff right?

http://dragonball.wi.../Akira_Toriyama

http://dragonquest.w.../Akira_Toriyama

Yeah... same guy. which is why people keep comparing the DQ characters to DBZ characters. Same creator, same art style.

Haha, yeah. I know Toriyama works on both, I just thought it was interesting that there was this much of a shout-out.

xD

Yeah, hte new monster graphics look really nice. A lot of them remind me of the renders from the DQ5 PS2 remake.

I totally wanna see the rest of the pre-release DQX monsters in as well.

=(

The eaters from DQ V have always been a cause of fear from me. I imagine myself in that cave, and then some of them appear... Their looks are frightening. And that is before they start attacking. A group of them and the whole party is dead...

Maybe they'll make that jugular bite of theirs an acquirable move? :P Actually, the sanguinies could probably have that, too, since I think the pink ones could do that in IX.

I'd certainly like to see a killing machine's laser as a move that could be learned. You could pass the skill set to another monster and have something like Stella shooting eye beams.

Wishful thinking here, of course.

Maybe they'll add Feel The Burn, or other Tension based moves.

Actually, I recall watching videos of Joker 2 Pro and it looks like they might've done that there (monster got hit, tension increased). I actually saw a lot of things that looked like new skills / traits, so those'll likely carry over into this game. Possibly.

Mind, I haven't played Pro, but I'm sure there are folks here that have that'd be able to confirm whether or not the game has such things in it. If they felt like it, I suppose.

All these screenshots...they only make me want the game more. I noticed one of those "Not-quite Estark" monsters from DQ VII...the one that combines attributes of both Psaro the Manslayer's fully evolved form and Estark...which is kinda neat, honestly. Also...DAT MAGARUGI. I wonder what the translated name will come out to be? Oh well. I just want the damn game already. I will so buy this the day it comes out in America. NINTENDO. GET A MOVE ON, MAN. TRANSLATE DIS SWEET PIECE OF GAME.

Siliconera (which I gotta say has been consistently on the ball with DQM coverage) translated a bunch of text that was released alongside those screenshots:

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/28/through-streetpass-you-can-steal-a-friends-dragon-quest-monster/

Looks like they're keeping the J2 wifi system with CPU-controlled friend parties that you can scout from. That's gonna be the streetpass function.

8-player tourneys as well.

Miis aren't playable either from the looks of it, they're just a way to identify your online opponents and stuff.

Also...DAT MAGARUGI. I wonder what the translated name will come out to be? Oh well. I just want the damn game already. I will so buy this the day it comes out in America. NINTENDO. GET A MOVE ON, MAN. TRANSLATE DIS SWEET PIECE OF GAME.

say what? oohh goodness, i just became excited so much to this game, definetly will try to get that monster,, hope that blue dabra monster with clubs from dqmbr:v also came to this game (i forgot his name.... gadisu IIRC)

He is in Pro, and I recall hearing that this game is supposed to have all the monsters in Pro so that should mean he'll be in here.

Unless they're LYING to us.

Also, I thought Gadis was more of a greenish hue.

http://andriasang.com/con0f2/dqm_screens/

There's like one or two more screens. Mudron looks weird. I really didn't even realize it was him from the back.

Looks like level caps as well (lv 50 is in yellow underneath Tree Slime on the mii streetpass ID).

Also, Messala is a size-two monster I guess.

The three new skills look really odd.

Nah, I don't just mean in terms of graphics, I'm just talking about their effects.

Trading monsters seems odd.

xD

I wonder if it lasts after the battle as well.