Terry’s Wonderland 3D

!!! Wow. Hmm. I'm excited Maybe we will get Gorago back after all. I've been waiting for this for years.

Yeah, I'm in sheer amazement right now.

I'll be miserable if this doesn't get a US release.

=/

Who knows, maybe with the addition of DQX monsters (even if it is just one) they may be more inclined to release it here. Heck, Sanqunis being in DQMJ2 was one of the selling points stateside lol.

I'm impressed with how many monsters are on the box cover. :D

Oh and Milayou looks like she's playing with the Golem on the cover. :D

I REALLY hope we have a choice between Terry and Milayou.

Yeah, but I still prefer it.

There are monsters that are clearly females (Concubines, Mortella, ect), and others that are clearly male (Robbin Hood, Living Statue, Jumping Jackal, ect), and having randomly generated genders just mucks it up.

Think female Mr. Mimes in Pokemon.

=p

With charges, when monsters were only represented with meaningless pluses/ minuses, then the problem gets averted.

I hope charges are brought back for the possible western release, personally.

I'm fine with either. Just as long as you can take the two monsters and make a new monster. And those monsters are looking great. If they don't release it here, I will freak!

But either way, It doesn't really change gameplay. So It's not life or death...

Ah... coatol is on the box. My cousin will be pleased :P

I also see hornbeet! A favorite of mine, yo. I wonder if the 2 scissor beatle combo will still work to get one? And if two hornbeets can make an armoured scorpion? That'd be spiffy.

And I see they're going to have that pumpkin knight from Caravan Heart! Pretty sweet.

Also, and this is probably just me, but the box slimes on the box art are kinda... tasty looking XP

EDIT: Ooooh, if you go to the monster page and click on the in-game shot of the monster, it... ah, just check it out, yo. I got a kick out of it, at least XP

Edited by PantheonSasuke

I also see hornbeet! A favorite of mine, yo. I wonder if the 2 scissor beatle combo will still work to get one? And if two hornbeets can make an armoured scorpion? That'd be spiffy.

Hornbeet was my favorite in DWM & DWM2. Always in my final party!

Really? I always got them just to turn them into armorpions.... They were pretty good though.

Hmm... looks like all the DWM2 monsters will be back. :D the feature for looking at the old monster data is really nice. :D

Edited by marhawkman

Really? I always got them just to turn them into armorpions.... They were pretty good though.

I recall hornbeets having nice stat growth and leveling up fast like most members of the bug family did. The leveling bit is probably why I preferred them over armoured scorpions, because those things leveled up terribly slowly. I kinda liked snowbirds (Blizzardy) and firebirds (Phoenix) over prism peacocks (Rainhawk) for the same reason. Armoured scorpion and prism peacock were great monsters, mind, but it kinda kills the game for me when I use two awesome monsters to make something that can't level up fast enough to keep pace with the enemy monsters without me getting bored from grinding. I think I had stopped playing Monsters 2 once because I wound up making a whalemage in the ice world and didn't realize it was one of those monsters that needs 100 experience points just to reach level 2. They feel more like endgame / post-game monsters, yo, since it can take so long to raise them against anything that isn't an enemy around that point or a metal monster.

I honestly liked getting those stronger monster earlier, because I feel there is more time to raise them, forming a bond.

I recall hornbeets having nice stat growth and leveling up fast like most members of the bug family did. The leveling bit is probably why I preferred them over armoured scorpions, because those things leveled up terribly slowly. I kinda liked snowbirds (Blizzardy) and firebirds (Phoenix) over prism peacocks (Rainhawk) for the same reason.

EXACTLY! I just recently replayed DWM & finished with a Hornbeet, Metal King (another of my favs), and a Rainhawk as my final 3. I HATED the Rainhawk though and was really pissed at it for the exact reason you mention. That and it had horrible HP made me biting my nails that it would survive battles. I had just bred too much into it to give it up though. The hornbeets had excellent stat growth & grew up quickly!

EXACTLY! I just recently replayed DWM & finished with a Hornbeet, Metal King (another of my favs), and a Rainhawk as my final 3. I HATED the Rainhawk though and was really pissed at it for the exact reason you mention. That and it had horrible HP made me biting my nails that it would survive battles. I had just bred too much into it to give it up though. The hornbeets had excellent stat growth & grew up quickly!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure during one of my earlier playthroughs of the game I was so amazed with the snowbird and firebird that I figured prism peacock had to be even more awesome. Was basically a slap in the face at the point I wound up getting it, but I think that and some other events during the later games taught me something valuable about the Monsters series: ALWAYS have a second good monster on you, because you'll be in some deep trouble if you only have one and use it to make something that's very bad for the point you're at XP (or bad all together)

But yeah, prism peacock is definitely more of something you'd want to train once you can fight liquid metal slimes (metabble). For the early game though its ingredients are great, especially since firebirds are easy to get (any bird + drakeslime [drakslime]) and after you beat Teto he'll offer his firn fiend (iceman) to breed with one of your monsters. Choose a bird and you'll get snowbird. Something I'd generally do at the start is tame a picky (I think it's called bludgerigar now?) and train it solely for it to be used to get snowbird. That and work towards getting a killing machine (roboster) :P

... more on topic, we probably shouldn't get too into how things were. I never really saw how snowbird and firebird are in Joker 2, so while I'll definitely aim for a hornbeet in 3D I'll try to keep my expectations for it low.

Fast Growth is why jimeous's favorite monster was the Butterfly. :)

I gotta say the first time I bred a monster with slow growth I was kinda annoyed. I got over it though.

You forgot that Butterfly also has Gigaslash immunity, in addition to the fastest leveling rate. (Tied with Watabou.)

I tend to suggest to newbies that they breed a beast with Teto's Iceman for a Grizzly. Grizzlies aren't much for the late game, but mid-game they just dominate with their massive strength gains.

And I'm staunchly against anyone making Mega Monsters (100 EXP to level 2) before beating the game. They make people unhappy.

I tend to suggest to newbies that they breed a beast with Teto's Iceman for a Grizzly. Grizzlies aren't much for the late game, but mid-game they just dominate with their massive strength gains.

Can't you also get grizzly with beast + devil, though? I suppose Teto's Iceman adds more to its stats than most of the devils available at the start, but the monster still gets ridiculous attack growth. I think mine would usually get over 200 before the attack would putter out. Great monster, though, and something I'd regularly get due to its attack, having BiAttack as one of its learned moves (I think?), and being usable in getting a killing machine

The box art shows what appears to be a smaller, reddish bear following behind Terry. I guess there'll be a size 1 bear and a size 2 bear? I think they did something similar with balhib and bilhaw in Joker 2 Pro. I just hope the bears still get that staggering attack growth, even if most of their other stats suffer because of it :P

I find it somewhat strange that so many people are against getting the epic level monsters early. I remember playing DWM2 for the first time when I was little, and having a group of friends that played it also. We always got jealous over rare monsters, so when I one day accidentally bred a Pizzaro everyone freaked out. Anyways, my final team for fighting Darck happened to be DeadNoble, Pizzaro, and SpotKing. (Always loved that guy)

Though they were hard to raise, if I remember correctly 3 hours of farming in Limbo had my Pizzaro at level 24, which gave it decent enough stats and it had a nice repotoire of skills. As such, Darck was a pushover. (My 4th time attempting to beat him. Haha....ha.) Though, there was one monster I remembered having a ridiculous growth for its easy obtainability. Octoreach I believe? That thing had MONSTROUS stats for such a weak monster. Also, hi everybody, I'm back XD

Monsters 2 is sort've a different matter because of Limbo, since the monsters there gave really nice experience (enough to make the hard-to-train ones not as much as a hassle). I don't know if it was the experience distribution or the way the worlds were laid out in the first game, but grinding in that just seemed like it took too long if it wasn't against metals. Might've also felt easier in 2 since you could just battle outside the warp shrine back to GreatLog and zip back whenever you'd need to heal up. You didn't have to make your way through several randomized floors trying to get to the monsters you wanted to face, then complete the world (or use an item) when you wanted to get back to safety.

SpotKing is certainly a beast, though. It annoyed me that Joker 2 has mottle slimes but not the kings. Pro has them, of course... but that means they'll be in Terry's Wonderland, so I suppose I should look forward to that.

DWM2 did make it significantly easier to level. In Monsters 1, your best bet before getting the gate of control (which had regular Metal Babbles) was to fight foreign trainers in either the Colloseum Daredevils or just wandering around.

Whereas in Monsters 2, as you said, Limbo was a decent place for leveling. And after that, it was possible to get a Lord key with some luck. (Or if someone traded one to you.)