Terry’s Wonderland 3D

What's that monster on the top?

I'm thinking it might be a new monster. It kinda looks like a robot crab or it could be a strait up crab.

Yeah, it's definitely an Armorpion:

armorpion.gif

Excellent!!! I've been missing those guys. looks like armorpion is a large monster now. Edited by marhawkman

Speaking of newly-changed big monsters, here are some of the ones that are big now (at least from the looks of it):

borunga.gif

gulpbeast.gif

tortragon.gif

And I *think* this one, but it could very well just be the camera angle of the screenshot it was in:

Medusaball_DQII_NES.gif

Edited by Emptystar

No love for WhaleMage.

=(

whalemage.png

No badmouthing whale mage! It will appear in a pic from me soon.

I really hope that all monsters, no matter the size, only takes up one slot. I hated, hated, HATED when one monster took up the entire party.

It has been confirmed that sizes will be a part of this game. Also the game is going to have four monster slots as compared to three.

Do you think that there may be 4 slot monsters.

Do you think that there may be 4 slot monsters.

It's probable, but we won't know until either the game comes out or we see a screen shot of a battle that involves a size 4 monster.

There probably isn't but just imagine! (Rhapthorn2 lol)

god forbid they have size 4 mons. thatll def take the fun out of the game. size 3 + size 1 will work just fine for me

Some new screen shots are available http://andriasang.com/con0ab/dqm_screens/images/23tr0/

Other scouts need scout rings, but Terry only needs to point the monster he wants with his nose-scratching finger. That is awesome!

And it seems Baramos Zombie will be in the game, if I am not mistaken.

I also think there will not be 4-slots monsters, but it is still a possibility, I suppose... Perhaps Hell Cloud from VI and the Demon Castle and Vearn's final form from Dai no Daibôken (I can have dreams).

I honestly wouldn't mind if they converted some of the size 3s into 4s.

Rigor Mortex, Leviathan, and the final boss of Pro come to mind.

=p

Anyway, they're fusing the meat system with the scouting system:

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/14/the-power-of-meat-compels-monsters-to-join-your-dragon-quest-party/

This is awesome-- I think everyone was in agreement prior to this that combining the meat system with the scouting system was ideal, so I'm glad they're going through with this idea.

Also "free farm battles". Make of that what you will.

Screenshots are interesting. Looks like Land Owl and Misty Wing (wtf?) are size 2 monsters.

No clue what's up with Zombie Baramos (but it would be pretty BA if it replaces Baramos as the boss of the Mastermind gate.

Also, that leaf enemy from DQ9 (a group of 3 serve as one monster) and Elusid confirmed.

zombie baramos i think is either barabomus or baragomus. they were what zoma summoned before the final fight with him in DW3

It was Baragonus. But that looks more like a Grrgoyle to me.

But remember this Baragonus used a Skelegon sprite, this thing has a head like a bird.

It looks like a mix of Baramos Bros. (blue "brother?" of Baramos) and Baramos Zombie (Baramos brought back to life).

I strongly believe the use of the skullgon sprite was because there was no room for a unique one, but they would have used a new one if they could. Emblem of Roto makes Baramos Zombie look like Baramos's skeleton, too. Perhaps they will use this chance to introduce (spoil) Baramos Zombie's updated design just in time for a I-III remake.

I merged the 2 big discussion topics into one.

... yep, people were already talking about it all here, and I went and yammered in the announcement post like a tool :P

Oh well, still great that that awesome crystal robot will be in this game. I think the den lists it as DarkCrystal? That might be what the fan-translation called it, too.

darkcrystal.pngdqm13ds_059.jpg

Caravan Heart really does have some great monsters. Here's hoping they'll have the other Illusions, too, and not just Magarugi.

Even more excited now for this game, yo.

Caravan Heart really does have some great monsters. Here's hoping they'll have the other Illusions, too, and not just Magarugi.

This x 1000!

I would finally be able to draw the summons with good references.

And speaking of summons, perhaps they could add the 4 lesser summons: Diago, Samshin, Tatsu and Bazoo.