Ohhh, you're just talking about the battle music?

:tounge:

Nvm then.

The overworld music in the trailer is also from Joker 2.

Is it? Is the song uploaded anywhere? I never got J2, but it actually sounds pretty familiar.

=x

Anyway, I hope the game retains its myriad of different music tracks, especially the overworld themes from the older games.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I Was just on nintendo3ds blog.com, and I saw this...   http://nintendo3dsblog.com/dragon-quest-monsters-terrys-wonderland-3d-is-coming-to-the-3ds

Yes, I made a topic about it in the General board earlier.   Some details worth mentioning:   - Contains all monsters featured in Dragon Quest Monsters & Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 Profess

So it's been about a month since the bombshell hit. Any new info? Screenshots, for example?

^ Awesome!

I'm not sure how I feel about them porting music. It's bad because, well, it's ported music. But at the same time, maybe they'll include some of the other tracks like the awesome title screen music or the boss battle theme.

thanks for the link .

I'm disappointed because it looks like the Joker games with the behind-the-back view and monsters being out in the open instead of being random encounters. This makes me worry that they've changed other facets of the game to be more like the Joker games. DWM1 is my favorite "Monsters" game and I disdain the Joker games... so anything that takes a game I love and tries to make it like games that I don't love gives me reason for concern.

I totally see where you're coming from, but I gotta say, I agree with Varin.

As more and more gets revealed, it's becoming more apparent that this is gonna keep all the gameplay explored in the Joker series, just with a few core elements from the original DWM (story, random dungeons). Though from what I can tell, the two games are blended rather well together, and I'm sure you'll know you're playing a DWM remake and not just another Joker title.

In terms of specifics, I'm glad they're keeping the scouting system. The whole aspect of waiting til the battle ends was really annoying. At least the scouting system, although allegedly sporting a worse success rate, made it apparent mid-battle if you were gonna get the monster or not. But if the Meat rumor is true, then that would be ideal.

I barely remember the breeding system in DWM, but iirc the Joker synthesis method was the exact same thing only more user-friendly and quicker. I would like it if they kept the newer breeding system.

All that said, I'm a bit surprised with the way they're handling the DWM content. It looks like they're integrating newer monsters in with the old ones (though it could jut be beta). I thought they would've preserved it the same way as in, say, Pokemon Heart Gold/ Soul Silver, which were remakes of games in a similar vein. In particular, I thought newer monsters would only be available via synthesis or post-Darkdrium. It's nice to have them readily available from the start though I guess.

:P

I think that looking at this as a plain good ol' remake is the wrong way to go about it, and will just end in disappointment. Instead, I think it's more of a modernized rendition of it.

DQM: TW3D comes out in Japan on May 31, 2012. I will be importing the bundle package (due to 3DS being region locked) that comes with both the special Slime 3DS and the game. I will be getting it on release day. Play-Asia doesn't have the bundle listed yet, just the game so far. Not only will I be importing it, but I will also be making a walkthrough of the game as well.

I have now added myself to the ever-growing number of people who hope for an English release of this. Since this will have the monsters from Pro, I just have one thing to say: I can't wait to be able to play as Corvus! And Tyrannosaurus Wrecks! And King Godwyn! I think I'll pass up on Stella, though (God, she was ANNOYING!)....

The official site shows some more "stage" screen shots. Looks like a battle arena like in Joker and Joker 2 will be present as a side quest. Also shows some field screen shots.

I barely remember the breeding system in DWM, but iirc the Joker synthesis method was the exact same thing only more user-friendly and quicker. I would like it if they kept the newer breeding system.

No. Maintaining species form was easy in DQM, all you had to do was breed with another member of the same family. You need to equip the Phoenix Scepter to be able to do this in Joker. Additionally, the offspring's "charge" is randomized and unchangable upon synthesizing unless you equip the charge scepters, whereas in DQM, you could bless the egg to change to the desired sex. The + system, while managing level caps in both, determined the passing of resistances in DQM. (Where the ONLY thing it does in Joker is raise the cap level from 50 to 75 or 99/*.) Additionally, you can only increase the + value by one per synthesis in Joker, but up to +5 in DQM. (Having at least +5 also could change some breeds, like Slime + Slime where the total + was greater than 5 resulted in a KingSlime.)

The only thing I like about Joker's synth system is given the new way offspring work, at least you get 3 options. (Opposed to the two depending on Pedigree from DQM.) The problem is that special syntheses override normal offspring SOMETIMES, and it gets complicated with the priority list.

We'll see how they handle XYs with this many monsters.

The official site shows some more "stage" screen shots. Looks like a battle arena like in Joker and Joker 2 will be present as a side quest. Also shows some field screen shots.

...that was a staple of the original game. Winning at ranks to gain access to new gates, and upon completion of all the ranks, fighting as the Great Tree representative in the Starry Night Tournament.

No. Maintaining species form was easy in DQM, all you had to do was breed with another member of the same family. You need to equip the Phoenix Scepter to be able to do this in Joker. Additionally, the offspring's "charge" is randomized and unchangable upon synthesizing unless you equip the charge scepters, whereas in DQM, you could bless the egg to change to the desired sex. The + system, while managing level caps in both, determined the passing of resistances in DQM. (Where the ONLY thing it does in Joker is raise the cap level from 50 to 75 or 99/*.) Additionally, you can only increase the + value by one per synthesis in Joker, but up to +5 in DQM. (Having at least +5 also could change some breeds, like Slime + Slime where the total + was greater than 5 resulted in a KingSlime.)

The only thing I like about Joker's synth system is given the new way offspring work, at least you get 3 options. (Opposed to the two depending on Pedigree from DQM.) The problem is that special syntheses override normal offspring SOMETIMES, and it gets complicated with the priority list.

We'll see how they handle XYs with this many monsters.

...that was a staple of the original game. Winning at ranks to gain access to new gates, and upon completion of all the ranks, fighting as the Great Tree representative in the Starry Night Tournament.

The passing of resistances should be taken out in the game IMO or everything be a MKS.

I hope monsters will follow you like in the original.

Edited by Neo Metal Sonic

I have now added myself to the ever-growing number of people who hope for an English release of this. Since this will have the monsters from Pro, I just have one thing to say: I can't wait to be able to play as Corvus! And Tyrannosaurus Wrecks! And King Godwyn! I think I'll pass up on Stella, though (God, she was ANNOYING!)....

stella reminded me too much of navi from Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time :P

I don't think Stella was as annoying as Navi. Stella doesn't speak every 5 seconds

Stella has had her moments she will say some funny things often.

What would be cool if the 3DS bundle if it had a virtual console DQM pre-installed

Edited by Neo Metal Sonic

I honestly didn't mind the charges and the phoenix scepter. Being able to bless the egg was definitely a good thing, but I can't say I really miss it. But then again, maybe I just prefer the Joker system because I used the old DWM breeding system when I was like 10...

xD

But I agree the + system was horribly bad in DQMJ compared to DWM.

As for a DWM2 remake... I totally foresee something like this happening:

-They announce a DWM2 remake in Japan, complete with rebalanced stats and 100 new monsters.

-We get the DWM1 remake stateside and in Europe, but not the DWM2 remake.

=p

jk.

What do you guys hope happens with DLC? A few new travelers gates with some new DQX monsters in them? That would be ideal imo. But knowing them, I don't see them doing anything at all. Or, at most, maybe having some WFC monster events.

I do hope however they stop making a bunch of the monsters only obtainable through championship victories.

Edited by Emptystar

having monsters follow u reminds me of pokemon yellow, heart gold and soul silver. i hope they have that feature :D

Looks like you can view the monsters that you have in storage. Sweet!

bahahaha Xiphos and a Metal King Babble. looks awesome tho XD