Sign in to follow this  
Hellhawk

Hellhawk Entry for Superfan Contest

Hey everyone, I'm sorry I havent been active recently, but when I came across this I couldnt help but want to enter. I have been a long time Dragon Warrior/Quest fan, whether it be from playing DW1 as a 4 year old on my brothers NES, to now over 17 years later. One thing I pride myself on is my collection, and as you can see many of the games are unopened. You may say, well since they aren't opened how can you enjoy them? My answer is, at one time or another I have played and beaten nearly every one of the games in my possession, and when the time came I wanted someone else to experience the games for themselves.

I was a very active member of Slimeknights when it was online and at one point was in the top 3. I loved participating in the quests that it offered. Not only did it inspire creativity, but it also brought a new fanbase to the games. I continue to use my creativity today that was invoked by Slimeknights. I am currently working on a large project in which I am turning the game that started it all DW1 into a 3d game. You can see some of the progress that I have made. I actually started this several years ago, however due to time restricitions I was unable to continue working on it. When I saw this contest it gave me real motivation to work and to show what I could do.

Over the years I have also helped with several pages on RPGClassics. I am a co-maintainer of the Dragon Warrior VII Shrine, Creator of the Dragon Quest VIII, and Torneko the Last Hope Shrine.

In my free time I still enjoy playing and collecting Dragon Warrior/Quest. I am hoping to make some more progress on the game, and hope to continue to share the joy of the game with others.

Here is a list of my collection:

Games

------------

Dragon Warrior Monsters GBC NEW

Dragon Warrior Monsters II Cobi's Journey GBC NEW

Dragon Warrior Monsters II Tara's Journey GBC NEW

Dragon Warrior I&II GBC NEW

Dragon Warrior III GBC New

2x Dragon Quest IX DS New & Complete

2x Dragon Quest IV DS New & Complete

2x Dragon Quest V DS New & Complete

2x Dragon Quest VI DS New & Complete

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker DS

2x Dragon Warrior VII PSX New

2x Dragon Quest VIII PS2 New & Complete

Dragon Quest VIII Demo Disc New

2x Dragon Quest Swords WII New & Complete

2x Dragon Warrior I NES New & Complete

Dragon Warrior II NES Complete

Dragon Warrior III NES Complete

Dragon Warrior IV NES Complete

Torneko: The Last Hope PSX Complete

Dragon Quest : Young Yangus PS2 New

2x Dragon Quest IV PSX New Complete

Dragon Quest V PS2 Complete

Taloon's Quest SFC Complete

Dragon Quest VI SFC Complete

Dragon Quest V SFC Complete

Dragon Quest I&II SFC New

Dragon Quest III SFC New

Torneko 3: Mysterious Dungeon

Dragon Quest Swordmaster New

Guides all in mint condition

---------------------------------------

Rocket Slime DS

Dragon Quest Monsters Joker DS

Dragon Quest V DS

Dragon Warrior VII PSX

Dragon Warrior Monsters Cobi & Tara GBA

Dragon Warrior Monsters GBA

Dragon Quest III SFC

Dragon Quest V Pt 1 & 2 SFC

Dragon Quest VI Pt 1 & 2 SFC

Taloon's Quest SFC

Misc

---------

Blue Slime Controller PS2 New

Metal Slime Controller PS2 New

Slimeknights Memorabilia

---------------------------------------

Dragon Quest Monsters Promotional Postcards

Dragon Quest Trading Cards

Sealed Letter from King Slime

Button that came with cards?

Dragon Quest VIII T-shirt

King Slime Cube Monster

Slime Plush Keychain

Autographed copy of Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker by Yuji Horii (Won from slimeknights and my most valued possesion)

post-1893-0-06306200-1316050603_thumb.jpgpost-1893-0-71040000-1316050612_thumb.jpgpost-1893-0-54165100-1316050620_thumb.jpg

I figured if i'm going to work on a DW1 remake I figured Brecconary would be a good start, so here are some of my images. Some things weren't cooperating with me such as grass, and I was planning on having a video walkthrough, however if I have time i'll try to get it posted. post-1893-0-22156000-1316050824_thumb.jpgpost-1893-0-44741700-1316050816_thumb.jpgpost-1893-0-36042400-1316050797_thumb.jpgpost-1893-0-24656000-1316050807_thumb.jpg

Thought I recognized that gif from RPGclassics! I use that a lot still. Er, the site, that is, not the gif of the HellHawk / bird of terrordise. Awesome to see you getting an entry here, yo. The 3D Brecconary is especially spiffy.

Maybe Square Enix will take note and remake Dragon Quest 1 on the 3DS. That would be nice. Good work so far on your remake.

Great collection. I actually have one or 2 of the Dragon Quest books for the SNES (in Japanese) but I couldn't find them so I didn't add them to my post.

I didn't know the Slime Nights Treasury was in NYC. I could have taken a train there :evillaugh:.

I agree about a 3d remake, honestly the game isnt that large, so it wouldnt take more than a small group of people to build the game. I may start looking for people to help in the near future if people would be interested.

That autographed copy of Joker has to be one of the coolest pieces of Dragon Quest memorabilia I've ever seen!

I know, I Iove it! It was a complete suprise that I was getting it. When SK closed down I recieved an email from KS saying that I purchased it and I knew i didnt have enough medals. I believe it is one of 3 that was offered.

I think i do, but its in an old backup file, i'll see if i can find that stuff

If I knew you I would find your house and steal everything...... Tracking ip may be an option though.

What kind of post is this?