Sign in to follow this  
King Zenith

Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest 3 Release Date

According to Kotaku, Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest 3: The Great Pirate Ship and the Tails Brigade will be gracing the 3DS of many a Japanese gamer on November 3rd, 2011.

For anyone who does not know, this is the sequel to what western gamers know as Rocket Slime, which is the sequel to the Japanese-exclusive Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest.

I don't believe there has been any word on when this game might be localized for us western-folk, assuming it happens at all. I don't think there is any reason to believe we wouldn't get it though.

• Upvote 2

Another reason to get a 3DS. Of course I will have to wait until I get cash and to see if they are releasing a newer version of it.

Slimes? On boats? Just take my money already. There damn well better be nautical Slime puns in there. Posleimdon anyone?

Edited by Danny Boy

This means I must get a 3DS.

Ah well, I knew there would be a 3DS DQ sooner or later. Time to start saving money.

Oh god,do i want this.But wasn't there a DS version of this one too?

Rocket Slime (aka Slime Mori Mori 2) was released on the DS. There is no DS version of Slime Mori Mori 3 though.

Why, oh, why? Why does the region lock exist for the 3DS?

Why, oh, why? Why does the region lock exist for the 3DS?

My guess is because Nintendo wanted to Region Lock flashcards, therefore making it it more costly to dish out flashcarts for each individual region. But the DS scene has overcome this, and the 3DS now has region-free flashcarts still at a low price.

Edited by Flute_Warrior

Would one of those unlock the region of a 3DS to play with a legit import?

I want to keep buying (and playing) the Japanese games, although buying the Japanese consoles is out of my possibilities...

Slime Mori Mori 2 was a lot of fun. I can't wait for the third one to get here. That would make me get a 3DS too. Looks like the new Mario game will be fun as well.