Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mimas

Dragon Quest New game announcement (Sept.5, 2011)

http://www.siliconer...uest-x-offline/

great, so now we only given a few hours to play on offline and then forced to play online for the rest of the game? i'm truly feel being pissed with this one. i mean ,i had a problem with connection to wii and my super-slow-compared-to-global connection won't be able to make up with online MMORPG games on wii. this is just so great. why don't they at least make an offline version of it? or just make the online features just for wi-fi multiplayer online and for addtional fun rather than focusing the stories?

It's a veeeeeery rare thing to me to do,but...I have to agree.Online only? Anyone that doesn't have online,isn't allowed to play it?

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................

..............................................This game is dead if it stays like that....and I really don't want that to happen :cry2:

I live in the capital city of one of the most prosperous nations in the world, and my neighbourhood didn't have access to high-speed internet until about four years ago. By forcing online gameplay, SE is alienating small yet-yet-existant portion of its potential customers.

You don't just have to have wireless for the Wii to connect to the Internet, there is the still the option of Ethernet cable which most of the time never cuts you off as much as what wireless does.

I'm excited for this game really excited, I have shunned away the games like WOW and FFXI and any other MMO because I didn't feel like it was the right time, I was always interested, but didn't feel like I could commit to the genre, this game though for me is the right time now, I finally have excellent Internet connection and I can finally get to dive into an MMO which is from one of my favorite series ever made, plus it's also on one of my most favorite consoles!

It might be $#!&, but eh, when has Horii made a crap game?

Wait, so it's not f2p? If I also can't beat the game offline, I guess I can't get it then...I'm not into monthly subscriptions since I don't have a job and my parent's won't pay for it :cry2:

I still don't like it, and we're already seeing alienated players...but I've come to the realization today that I'm still very much a DW/DQ whore and I'll probably end up buying it and hating myself for doing so. :(

I still don't like it, and we're already seeing alienated players...but I've come to the realization today that I'm still very much a DW/DQ whore and I'll probably end up buying it and hating myself for doing so. :(

There's nothing wrong with buying it and giving it a chance.

You don't just have to have wireless for the Wii to connect to the Internet, there is the still the option of Ethernet cable which most of the time never cuts you off as much as what wireless does.

How? There is no ethernet port on the Wii.

Oh wow, I didn't know such a thing existed. I'll have to pick one up for DQX times.

Hell, at those prices, they should bundle one with the game.

1. Announce a new Dragon Quest game.

2. Tell people it is mostly an online game different from most Dragon Quest games.

3. Announce it for the Wii, a system that doesn't have a good reputation for its online or 3rd party games.

4. Charge user fees for it as well.

5. ?????????

6. Profit.

Maybe the WiiU version will be better, of course we have no idea how online works for that system and would have to wait on it longer than the Wii one.

Just read this whole thread before determining that I can't respond to most of it. I have questions about DQX more than anything. But remember when we saw a full blown trailer of DQIX the modern day ACTION rpg???? Dodged a bullet there. Haha. But gives me hope that they can still tweak things if they see negative fan reaction.

The trailer someone linked to looks really cool so here are the things I'm wary of until we get clear cut answers:

1. Turn-based please. While online, multiplayer, etc. may be take-it-or-leave-it additions, IMHO it MUST be turn-based to be Dragon Quest.

2. No subscription please. I can't afford to pay monthly fees for games I don't have time to play consistently (took a month off from DXIV when my twins were born for example, would hate to have paid for that month).

3. 1-player Fully playable off-line please. I play DW3 over and over to this day because it's one of my favorite games ever. I hate the idea that some company and their servers have the ability to take away my replayability. SEVERELY affects the value of the game. I buy it, now it's mine to play. Give me online opportunities to play, but don't make me dependent on your servers being functional 20years from now. That would be reason enough for me not to buy it because despite the old adage, I would rather "never have loved at all" than to truly love a game and lose it.

Overall I'm excited. I thought DQIX was one of the weakest in the series, and this clearly builds on it which can have pitfalls if DQ begins to redefine as something other than the classic turn-based, plot driven RPG's we love. But I'm hoping that we will see them build on the gameplay pieces of IX and bring the story back in line with epics like DQIII and DQV.