Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mimas

Dragon Quest New game announcement (Sept.5, 2011)

This game looks like they take everything that awesome about DQIX and makes it even better in this game :D

From what I've seen on those videos, it looks like a online DQIX version with better graphics, and a unique battle system that mixes both DQ old battle system with some new changes... I think most of the people will like it, except for the mandatory online thing... I'm speaking for myself, because I rather play a solo game than a MMORPG...

Even if the game needs a persistent internet connection (still doubtful), that doesn't mean you can't play it solo

I do like the races aspect, although the only site I seen them on(at the time I looked) had only a small picture of them.

Couldn't really make them out that well.

This game looks like they take everything that awesome about DQIX and makes it even better in this game :D

Or in some opinions they're going to take everything crappy about DQIX and make it even worse in this game.

What?

Just sayin'.

Or in some opinions they're going to take everything crappy about DQIX and make it even worse in this game.

What?

Just sayin'.

Or in some opinions they're going to take everything awesome about DQIX and make it even more awesome in this game.

What?

Just sayin'.

What?

Just sayin'.

Or in some opinions they're going to take everything awesome about DQIX and make it even more awesome in this game.

What?

Just sayin'.

Dude, that is AWESOME! I was just about to do the exact same thing.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/06/you-can-play-a-few-hours-of-dragon-quest-x-offline/

great, so now we only given a few hours to play on offline and then forced to play online for the rest of the game? i'm truly feel being pissed with this one. i mean ,i had a problem with connection to wii and my super-slow-compared-to-global connection won't be able to make up with online MMORPG games on wii. this is just so great. why don't they at least make an offline version of it? or just make the online features just for wi-fi multiplayer online and for addtional fun rather than focusing the stories?

On some days, my internet connection connection cuts out on an hourly basis. What might this mean for playing DQX?

I think that the best way to satisfy both of groups (solo and online gamers) is keeping the game like DQIX... the main game can be played solo with an AI controled party and the major part of the post-game content only online...

http://www.siliconer...uest-x-offline/

great, so now we only given a few hours to play on offline and then forced to play online for the rest of the game? i'm truly feel being pissed with this one. i mean ,i had a problem with connection to wii and my super-slow-compared-to-global connection won't be able to make up with online MMORPG games on wii. this is just so great. why don't they at least make an offline version of it? or just make the online features just for wi-fi multiplayer online and for addtional fun rather than focusing the stories?

And there I go, right back to not giving a $#!&.

I think that the best way to satisfy both of groups (solo and online gamers) is keeping the game like DQIX... the main game can be played solo with an AI controled party and the major part of the post-game content only online...

I feel like i was ignored. Why can't you just play the game online solo. Online doesn't mean that you have to play with other people. Maybe you need a constant connection for other reasons. Like what if you can only encounter certain monsters during certain times of the day, or something along that line.

Most DQ games with day to night shifts do that, comrade.

But in real time, if they made Metal King Slimes appear as early as possible, a lot of people would miss needed sleep. :P

[Coming from the guy who checks the Den saturdays and sundays at 2 AM]

I know this will sound selfish and inconsiderate but...Wahoo, finally, a game that's looking to have good wi-fi (I said it, deal with it haters) and I don't have to miss out!

One thing I'd really like someone to ask Horii is why he decided to go in this direction. He's made numerous statements on avoiding the online shut-ins, which is why he made IX's multiplayer local.

The answer involves the sales of DQIX and Nintendo realizing it will never have another main-series Final Fantasy on it's consoles ever again.

And a dump-truck filled with Yen.

Yeah, Final Fantasy's been turning to Sony since 6, while Dragon Quest has stuck with Nintendo [minus 7 & 8]

And I don't necessarily hate X, unlike some users AHEM*LiquidMetalBabble*AHEM

I'll buy it, and I'll either love it or hate it.

Don't judge a game by it's boxart.

And don't judge an unreleased game by its footage.

But I do feel that...

9883918.jpg

On some days, my internet connection connection cuts out on an hourly basis. What might this mean for playing DQX?

In all fairness, while I like the idea of a DQ MMO, any hesitation about the Wii's WiFi abilities is completely valid. I've played Smash Bros, Mario Kart and the wiiware Bomberman game online. Smash and Bomberman's online play is (and I am not prone to hyperbole) atrocious. Mario Kart isn't too bad (aside from being unbalanced, 12 players and blue shells are a bad idea, man) but the DS version is actually better in regards to lag.

Also; if you have good internet and know how to set up a wireless router, you may not be a typical Wii user. Just sayin'.

Mario, it means you probably won't be playing much Dragon Quest X. :(

The more I think about this, it sounds like more a bad idea. The DS market is very diverse, lots of different types of games, including RPGs. The Wii user base is not diverse. Yes, they sold a ton of them, but not to the hardcore gamers or serious RPG fans. Do they really think the more casual fan base is going to *pay* to play Dragon Quest online?

Mario, it means you probably won't be playing much Dragon Quest X. :(

The more I think about this, it sounds like more a bad idea. The DS market is very diverse, lots of different types of games, including RPGs. The Wii user base is not diverse. Yes, they sold a ton of them, but not to the hardcore gamers or serious RPG fans. Do they really think the more casual fan base is going to *pay* to play Dragon Quest online?

they think that the 4 milion fanbase of the game, will pay to play. but imo, this game gonna sell like the ds remakes 1 milion copies or something.

If DQX will boot players if their internet connection fails mid-game, I'll send death threats to the producers. Square Enix obviously has no grasp of the world outside of Grorious Nippon.

It should go without saying that the game won't be free-to-play in any region, since that would cheese off the series' primarily Japanese fanbase.

If DQX will boot players if their internet connection fails mid-game, I'll send death threats to the producers.

Please confirm that your joking because some idiots where actually stupid enough to send death threats to the head of Square Enix once for some issues with the FF13 360 port.

What?

Just sayin'.

Or in some opinions they're going to take all the stupid MMOish $#!& from DQIX and expand on it in this game and make my face explode. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate MMORPGs? There's no guarantee that this is going to be a good game or a bad game, but I know I hate MMORPGs. And I know I didn't like a lot of things about DQIX that were MMOish. And I know this game is going to take all those things and expand upon them. I can't write the game off 'til I try it, but boy... do I hate MMOs.

If you opened this spoiler tag you're going to get herpes.

What?

Just sayin'.

Dude, that is AWESOME! I was just about to do the exact same thing.

Aww, isn't that cute? He found another person on his limited intellectual par. Er. Uh... I mean...

No comment.

If DQX will boot players if their internet connection fails mid-game, I'll send death threats to the producers. Square Enix obviously has no grasp of the world outside of Grorious Nippon.

Somebody's either studied up on Japan, or has been playing Okami. :D

I applaud you for doing so.

comment

Deeeeeeeeeeuuurp, dat word too big fo' meh mind.