Sign in to follow this  
Cesar Hernandez-Meraz

Dragon Quest II

I love that artwork, I love how it seems that Drackees and mages, skeleton soldiers,  maguses work for hargon. But I just find the new slug look strange when compared

giantslug.png180.jpg

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

Looked strange enough to me even before. ;)

It does have the same name, so it really is the DQM version of the big slug now.

And that whole affair with Sidoh was a cover up. They really worshipped the dracky god. :D

Looked strange enough to me even before. ;)

It does have the same name, so it really is the DQM version of the big slug now.

And that whole affair with Sidoh was a cover up. They really worshipped the dracky god. :D

Who knows, maybe Malroth was an oversized drackee 

Dragon+Quest+II+-+Prince+of+Sumaltria+(0

Prince of Sumaltria attacked by a headhunter.

Includes an old pic I create for a contest, but now I finished the complete picture (I just had to color the sun monster and the logo, but I procrastinated a lot).

• Upvote 2

I remember this one from the contest.  I liked it then and a I like it now.  I love the expression on Cookie's face and also the hair detail on the Head hunter.  I've always found the Head hunter monsters to be especially creepy.  It's a nice choice and I like how you were able to use that black face and yet still capture the essence of Jack Nicholson. 

I remember this one from the contest.  I liked it then and a I like it now.  I love the expression on Cookie's face and also the hair detail on the Head hunter.  I've always found the Head hunter monsters to be especially creepy.  It's a nice choice and I like how you were able to use that black face and yet still capture the essence of Jack Nicholson. 

The original Bezerker/Head Hunter looked  kind of like a raggedy ann doll mixed with some executioner. Now they are green faced morons. 

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

Please no offensive comments about green-skinned people.

I am already being prosecuted by a lawyer from New York, name of Jennifer Walters , for discrimination against green-skinned people...

Wow, I somehow missed seeing your last few pieces of art here.

Never liked those stupid monkeys. DQX makes me like them even less, though at least only Devil Lord's cast megante and the rest don't. Do you have a sample picture of the hero with silver hair? It does look familar but I don't recall where that started from. On the question of how msny fingers monkeys have in DQX, I found a nice picture of Bazuzu that answers the question nicely.

http://stat.ameba.jp/user_images/20130608/19/splash54-satoru/e8/9d/j/o0800045112568633295.jpg

Really wish you were playing DQX with us because I would love to see your take on the characters and story. Maybe you will at least do some Soura fanart.

Crap in a hat! So I should have gone with the original art and the in-game graphics (although 8 bits are not good enough for that). The five-fingered baboons must have been drawn by an unsupervised artist...

I am not sure if the silver hair started on the Anniversary collection or on Battle Road. I found this example for the latter:

http://infinity-of-shiranui.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/dqmb/

I doubt I could commit to an online game enough to be a regular, and not someone you would have to always take care of because would not level up enough in the few times he plays...

I did start a fan art of Soura like a month ago. It lies half inked at the moment (very busy times these past weeks). I hope I can resume it soon.

By the way... Is what I wrote at the top of the "The Shining" poster gramatically correct?

Dragon%2BQuest%2BII%2B-%2BSydow%2B(001).

Battle above Londarchia.

The three heroes fighting against Sydow.

This is a very old picture that has already been shared here in the Dragon's Den, but here it is again.

It is dedicated to Princess Lily, who is Malroth's biggest fan.

• Upvote 3

That's fantastic.  Does justice to his true size and succeeds in making him look scary as hell.

Thanks!

Thank you.

You may have noticed I have shared a few older pics recently. That is because there is not much recent work to share...

I am halfway done with all my time-consuming activities (I just finished all the pics needed for a theater poster, but I still need to create a few frames for a short animation for the same play, plus my work, school and rehearsals).

I guess sometime during December I will be able to create more pics. I still need to finish inling a 3DS for the Alus campaign ad... :'( And I have not even checked which character is next...

That's fantastic. Does justice to his true size and succeeds in making him look scary as hell.

Thanks!

I'd be more scared of falling off that small rocky platform the Hero is standing on. Freaking creeps me out things like that.

Neat artwork!