What's you're favorite DragonQuest boss?

This topic has been done before: http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17757&view=findpost&p=278783

And for reference: My favorite is Hargon.

That's not quite the same. A boss monster is not necessarily a villain; such is the case with many of DQ's bonus bosses and some of random bosses you fight throughout some of the games. See: God, Estark, Nokturnus, Divinegon, GranDragon, Empyria, Captain Crow... and that's just off the top of my head.

My favorite boss is God. He's not afraid to crack a joke during battle and do a little dancin'.

Well, Estark wasn't really a random boss, in fact, he played an important role util his death, when Psaro was shown to be the true villain. Heck, up until the battle with him, he's mentioned much more than Psaro.

But that's my 2 cents. :slimeking:

He was just a patsy. He didn't even do anything... well... villainous! He was awakened and put back to sleep in almost the same breath.

To be fair, he wasn't at full strength... and tried to put himself to sleep when fighting him in DQIV.

im sorry if im changing the topic but i would like to know where i can take the perfect bride test. i see that its in your sig, felixrush. could you tell me where you took the test?

im sorry if im changing the topic but i would like to know where i can take the perfect bride test. i see that its in your sig, felixrush. could you tell me where you took the test?

http://member.square-enix.com/na/features/dq5/02/

You'll need to make an account with Square-Enix in order to use it.

*points to avatar* A lot of it may have to do with nostalgia, but his transformations were very epic back in the day. The character design really appeals to me as well.

The liquid metal slime in the sky world of Dragon Quest Monsters 2, ahahahaha :P

Seriously, though. Outside of the main games, possibly the tank battles with Slival in Rocket Slime. It's just fun to leave your crew to man your tank and infiltrate Slival's, abusing his AI so he rarely, if ever, uses his cannons.

As far as the main series goes... Zoma's my favorite villain, but I'm not sure if he's my favorite boss in the main games (I do love his theme and usage of ice, though). Thinking about it, my favorite boss might actually be Orgodemir in VII (final battle) possibly due to the cool animations and his massive unwillingness to lose. I'd really repeat that fight a lot, and it was usually entertaining. Still is, really.

Esturk in DWIV. But, probably due to nostalgic reasons. And that my brother could be pretty dramatic about video games.

Most other bosses annoyed me or left no impression. Least liked: Balzack in Chapter 5. Heck of a challenge, which is cool, however he tends to piss me off.

Dragon Lord - Seems rather clever and charismatic compared to other boss villains, seriously what other RPG boss offers an alternative to fighting him?

Well, quite a few (minor bosses) simply ask you to leave them alone. Not much of an option since nothing will happen until you fight them, though.

Now, my faves...

Terry from Dragon Quest VI. Cute, arrogant teen with the ultra sword skills in serious need of an attitude adjustment? I'm just glad to spank him until he corrects his ways.

Destamoor from Dragon Quest VI. He was an epic boss for a game full of adventure. He had nice transformations that only look better in the remake. He also gets points for his portrayal in the Dragon Quest VI comic and CD Theater.

Dark Dream from Dragon Quest VI. The official super-boss. Have to like him. His wanting to find someone to really challenge him reminds us of shônen-series characters, like Gokû or Hyunckel.

Orgo Demila from Dragon Quest VII. He had already won the war. Twice. He had managed to recover all the terrain he had lost and leave the heroes with no way to fight back. After working so hard to undo all he had done through the centuries and getting to know all the people he had tormented during all that time, this gets personal.

Mireille, from Dragon Quest Monsters. Because she shows she is not a damsel in distress. At all. At least, not for a couple more years...

Estark is simple but he looks like a baddass vilain... (Also necropsaro stole his kickass form)... I enjoyed fighting him also at DQ5

All of the bosses in rocket slime are awesome, but my favorite is definitely Don Clawleone.

Releasing the devil to get a popular girl what she wants. Funnier than trying to rule the world IMO :P

• 1 year later...

Hmm. I think I would have to say that Ruin is one of my favorites, along with Ladja, Nimzo, and Dhoulmagus. Hard to chose a favorite.

I like all the bosses from the Gittish Empire.

Hootingham-Gore, Goreham-Hogg, Goresby-Purrvis, and King Godwyn.

DAT ACCENT. (>-<)

But, besides that, they are all pretty awesome.

You know who is also a pretty awesome boss? The King of Puppeteers!...

Okay, I know he may not exist, but I am pretty confident that a Puppeteer-themed boss will pop out in any Dragon Quest game in the future... Riiiiight?

mortamor WAS a b**** to beat(dq6), but he is a total badass. more of one than estark, i'd say.

Based on that comparison, Dark Dream is even more so of a badass. Seeing as he can beat up mortamor like a giant beating up a rag doll.

Ladja from DQV. Just some of the best fights ever.

Aw, sweet, sweet revenge.
  • 2 months later...

I found the Dreadmaster quite entertaining, though difficult to beat.  He.  Fights.  With.  A.  Book.

• 2 weeks later...

1st- Wind Spirit from Dragon Warrior 7 PS1, I like her bubbly personality.

2nd- Evil Jessica

3rd- Dark Dream from Dragon Quest 6 although I never fought him yet, although I beat the main game.  I did not like the name Nocturnus though.

Archived