100% completion Steve Tolin

kingmetal

So here's the link

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/773-hours-later-steve-tolin-is-finished-with-dragon-quest-ix/3482/

It's a guy claiming 100% completion of DQIX at 773 hours of gameplay. Does this bother anyone else? I found myself getting irritated reading it because he obviously doesn't have all the accolades and I'm pretty sure someone here has at least done better than this before he did. I was hoping someone could back me up on this so we can all feel more superior because that's what you do on the internet, right?

He posted in a GameFAQs thread about it; he seems a decent guy. I felt a little bad ribbing on his progress, since it's still impressive. But I also didn't mean it meanly, so I don't feel too bad.

In short: He's aware it's not completely 100%, but that was the story hook, so that's how it was written.

I could not say anything since I am way too far from any 100% (having deleted my old Japanese file and not really starting again in earnest).

But I can say I liked him better in the interview text, when the interviewer was the one saying how awesome this was. When he started replying, his comments made him seem as too self-important to me. Saying how he believes he is the first one to achieve this and all that. Yes, he is the first one of his friends, but that's it.

Although I am not sure how many here have done it WITHOUT cheating. Perhaps this guy has his merit.

I suppose I simply do not have enough info to give my judgment.

I am damn close to getting 100% on the four percentiles at just over 400 hours--and cheating is the last thing I'd do. Maybe I should contact a news agency, tell them I'm the second coming of Christ, and let them print an article about that.

roflmao. where or when is the rapture liquid metal babble? :P

Archived