Sign in to follow this  
welloneday

just in vestigating

yep like i sad artist/people are completely different - and it is are differentces that define use as artist and as people

i do not expect anyone to agree with me because of this fact

i do believe that artist are born with great ability and by believing in and falowing your true emotions allows art to create a future for you and will show you who u are and what you must do

you see art is all about emotion, so there for art is emotion your emotion - to believe in art is to believe in your self - to create art is to create yourself - to understand art is to understand your self

so it is art itself that makes the decision to let an artist step to the next level - it is art you must understand not techneecs created by other artist

decisions all decicsions are created by emotion

unlike you i like portraits more then groups of people because it singles people out allowing you to understand them person to understand how that person felt about them selfs in the life they lead - with out other peoples emotions effecting them at that precise time - one of the greatest artist at self potraits ¨Schiele¨ everyone thinks they feel what he's going thruogh at these moments of time, but for me i feel it is his works on plants that are his true portaits - the same with van gogh (schiele's work is quiet shocking - just a warning if you ate going to look him up, if you all ready haven't)

but there is a twist to what i just said and that is if you understand something about a person or just anything in a painting (or whatever) - this is art so you are understand something about your self and in understanding about yourself is to change your self

i will change the world

anyway so its nice to hear what you think :)

o dwaine you dont control your emotions, so you don't control art

it is ok for you to dissagree with what i say but to say it is bullshit shows that your the one with the closed mind and you do not or even seem to try to except people for who they are ( which is not considered as nice - which referes to you not being a nice person)

to disslike all the fine art seen just because you dislike my believes is not to nice either TRL is a fine artist and because of what cesar likes in art would suggest he's a fine artist so they are both in the fine art seen

all artist are different disslike me not everyone - van gogh was dissliked by most till after he died and perhap that will be the same with me - that is the risk i take

my mistakes are mine to make and i intend to make them

Edited by welloneday

you see art is all about emotion, so there for art is emotion your emotion - to believe in art is to believe in your self - to create art is to create yourself - to understand art is to understand your self

I think it is not always about one's emotions. Someone might create art to manipulate someone else's emotions, while not revealing any of his own. As Dwaine said, money can also create art. Some people may prefer to keep their art "pure" and not do it for money. I am glad I can live thanks to my software engineering career, so I do not have to draw what other people tell me to (unless it is something I would love to draw regardless). But there are some who embrace art and see it as their means to get money to live. Then, there will be times when they will have to create what others ask. This is no less art for being commercial art.

decisions all decicsions are created by emotion

Not mine. My decisions are based on facts and the logical processing of said facts. Taking into account consequences to myself and others.

I really believe decisions taken based on emotions tend to be ones that do not let the decisioneer think things through. And I am not only talking about decisions taken when one is angry or sad. Decisions taken when one is super "happy" tend to be just as short-sighted, as reported by my observations of the world through the years.

Ah nice to hear what people see when they look at my paintings. Cool stuff.

For me though, painting was a rational choice in my life. 3 years ago, I turned 21 and realized that I hadn't been doing anything with my talent since I was a kid. I owed it to myself to develop my skill. Every time I start a new painting, I think about which brush stroke suits best for what I want to achieve. Like for that glow effect on the building I really needed to develop a new technique. I'm very decisive about which way I'm going to paint. And I always try to outdo myself from last time.

Only in the subjects I choose to paint you could distill some of my emotion. But even my technique gives signs to what kind of person I am. But all of that isn't necessarily tied to emotions or to being in any emotional state when I paint.

Also if you would want to be successful in any artist feel, you primarily need to be business savvy, you need to know how to brand yourself and you have be populistic in the themes you chose. It's basically selling out, but that's what it's about selling your art to get an income.

If you're not planning on making a career out of it and you're just in it for the self righteousness of being arty farty, then that's a whole other story.

If you're not planning on making a career out of it and you're just in it for the self righteousness of being arty farty, then that's a whole other story.

That was me up till before the "arty farty" part. But I'm all about self-righteousness, yessir!

As you, even though my "technique" is way more limited, I have to decide how to do a certain image.

Usually, I get the image on my mind before I start. It is something I have to put down on paper.

Then, I sketch it to work on what would be the best position and that.

The finished work starts when I draw using the pencil first. I later ink and erase the pencils.

I can add more elements to the pic during this phase. Things that were not originally a part of the image in my head or the sketch. It may be something that simply comes to my mind while I am drawing, or it may be done to "creatively" fill up a blank space.

This is the closest I can relate to having art being created at the moment, not knowing what will be in the actual product beforehand. While sketches may be fine, for a finished pic I could not simply start doodling whatever on a blank page. For me, the image in my head is the definitive first step.

People can learn a lot about the way my mind works if they look at my pics close enough, even if I do not create my own pieces.

You see, I do fan-art. That is what I love.

But I would get bored just drawing battles or action poses of super-heroes. I mostly go to important scenes from the stories, or things that are known about the characters but few people gives a damn about.

The characters I like are also ignored by the mass of the fans. I draw no Wolverine. Almost no Spider-Man. Everyone else is doing that already.

I would draw a Dragon Quest pic where ionazun (explodet) is a large explosion spell and not a 100+ number above three static sprites.

There is also something people have told me a lot of times. That is about the details. But what for other people are details that are great to be included, for me are things that simply could not be left out, they simply belong there.

Yup, a lot about me can be learned through my pictures.

Expression can't mask ability and shouldn't. If the reader or viewer is lost, then you've failed as a communicator. Expression alone is what the crazy bum in the middle of the intersection does.

to be able to truely express ur self is an ability

an ability very importent to an artist

you can not find anything of true value if u do not get lost

Oh! I think I found an example that may make W1D see what we are talking about! Or I hope she will...

Imagine someone who loves singing. This someone is very passionate about his songs. He puts all his feelings on the lyrics.

But he does not project his voice, does not use different volumes according to the strength of different parts of the song, does not match any note, has a voice that is unpleasant to hear due to his screaming, runs out of air and does not know when to breathe.

I would not want to listen to this guy.

I would prefer someone who's technique is flawless, EVEN if he does not show any emotions while singing. At least I would listen to beautiful sounds.

Of course, it is the talented (technically skilled) singer who also portrays emotions who wins the prize in the end.

Or someone who expresses emotions, but has, at the very least, some technical skills. This one could win over the technically perfect guy, even if not as talented.

But there has to be some talent. And this talent can be honed. Emotions or not.

Do not accuse Dwaine of being closed when he has been trying (and failing) to make you see this.

i dont know what the arty farty coment ment , but o well :)

it is intresting to hear both of ur thought in art it does remind myself that i am the only one with my thoughts - which in turn helps me relise who i am persifickly (im shore i spelt that wrong) - which helps me as an artist and my works

plus it is just very intresting to hear what others think

in turms of branding myself im working on that - talking to the people who own gallerys and talking to people in general when im out and about ,and on here i guess -just leting people know im and artist and when i get the chance so of my art to them when i get this chance (i have been invited to a preview (i think you call it when you see art be fore the public) before and im shore it wont be the last though perhaps i shouldnt drink wine there like last time - did u know you get free wine and beer st these things, sweets to )

there is a problem though i always refuse very strongly when people ask me to do work for them (perhaps to strongly) , for i know i will just not enjoy it atall - i work completely emotionly, the fact that im working for someone else would get stuck in my head and make me angry - i hate what i create when im angry

(what about you?)

working completely emotionly is a hard line to go down - if you dont like a painting - you like your self even less (like how when i hate what i create when im angry - i hate myself when im angry, but if i create something that i dont like when im not angry thats when the real problems start)

being an artist isn't easy

so ye if people dont like what i create then im fooocked

Edited by welloneday

o dwaine you dont control your emotions, so you don't control art

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Yes, you do control your emotions and how it relates to your work. The composition, the brush strokes, the colors - everything is guided by your mind.

Y'see boys 'n girls, the art world tries to communicate in something called 'artspeak'. You and I know by its more common term - bullshit. Welloneday's posts are only small examples of this. While there are many words, it says absolutely nothing. They think by vomiting a bunch of nonsense it makes their work and themselves more than what they are. Anyone that's read as many artist statements as I have know how maddening it can be. When you see artspeak, you call people on it. The ones that use it either live so much in their own head they believe it, or use it to con themselves into a job or selling a piece.

Also if you would want to be successful in any artist feel, you primarily need to be business savvy, you need to know how to brand yourself and you have be populistic in the themes you chose. It's basically selling out, but that's what it's about selling your art to get an income.

That's true with just about anything, focusing on delivering the best work you can do.

There are people who draw and paint just for fun, and that's A-OK. Just about everybody wants to share it, though, if only their close friends and family. But yes, there are the lamewads who pull the whole, "Oh, I'm not in this for money!", yet are constantly shoving the stuff in your face.

And to Cesar's singing comparison, I think

is a good example. Edited by Dwaine

it is not pefection of a technique that makes a technique fawless - it is the emotion one can express why'll using a technique, a technique which perhaps is they'res alone is perhaps the greatest thing of all

if you lisson to Billy Holiday the expression of emotion is within this (her own) technique is way she remans one of the best (if not THE BEST ) female artists of all time

i would say the same about Anthony, out of the band ¨ANTHONY AND THE JONSONS¨, if that what you said there is true pehaps you wont like Anthony , for though that would not be sell-able in CD form (tjis singer your on about - not anthony i have all his albums that i have ever seen [i wonder if tnere is more]) - if you sore that in real live on stage perhaps that would be the most moving moment of your life

i kow it would be for me

i dont know what the arty farty coment ment , but o well :)

I didn't, either. Then, I googled it.

perhaps i shouldnt drink wine there like last time - did u know you get free wine and beer st these things, sweets to )

Yup, I imagined they did. Same for a few theater openings here or closings.

there is a problem though i always refuse very strongly when people ask me to do work for them (perhaps to strongly) , for i know i will just not enjoy it atall - i work completely emotionly, the fact that im working for someone else would get stuck in my head and make me angry - i hate what i create when im angry

(what about you?)

If I don't like the subject, I will not accept. I mostly do not accept requests. My time for pics is very limited, so I'd rather work on my own projects. In the very specific case I am now, someone commissioned me to create a few pics, but his choices for the subjects are great. They really got me excited about creating them for him.

What I hate the most is when people ask me to draw portraits of them... I have prosopagnosia, which is just a bog word for having awful face-recognition skills. So, it is really hard for me to focus on what needs to be included in a portrait to make it resemble the model. In the best cases, I may know the person very well, and then it is the attitude, the pose or something else that makes people know it is them, not the face.

working completely emotionly is a hard line to go down - if you dont like a painting - you like your self even less (like how when i hate what i create when im angry - i hate myself when im angry, but if i create something that i dont like when im not angry thats when the real problems start)

being an artist isn't easy

Again, try to paint using happy emotions.

so ye if people dont like what i create then im fooocked

No, you aren't. If somebody does not like your art, so be it. You are the one who has to like it. That is what I hold for myself. I don't want to move other people or change the world. I want to create pics I will like (I am somewhat self-centered). Besides, I know that if one piece of my work can affect me so strongly it will at least affect anyone else even the tiniest bit. well, not really, I don't care that much. even so, people sometimes compliment me for pics I do not like. That does not make me suddenly like those old works more.

I may create pics with someone in mind. As presents or something like that. I hope they will like them, but they usually do because I focus on things they would love.

And to Cesar's singing comparison, I think

is a good example.

I'll watch it at home. I'm not so sure I want to listen to that video, though...

a technique which perhaps is they'res alone is perhaps the greatest thing of all

That is something Dwaine always tells people. Really, listen to him. Compliment your ideas with what he has to say.

you still dont understand dwaine

i know what i know and i believe what i believe

people are completely different what i have been saying is true to me, it does not reflect on to your life, nore does what you believe to be true reflect on mine

the reason i want to have shows and show people my work is because i believe its in portent for people to see art - im trying to help people , if they need my help or if they wont my help is up to them - so please stop posting such closed views - i belive this is what i am alive for and i am chosing to chase this belief to what ever end

you may call it art speak, but i call it the truth

i will change the world

Edited by welloneday

i ment to say this before in the singing techniques post:

i was never saying technique is not important to an artist, but a technique is greater for being found when one is expressing emptions - emotion are not greater when they are being forced through a technique which is not your own

let emotions create the technique not the other way around

Edited by welloneday

Well, enough of this. Why don't you now go and check the other threads on this Art & Music forum to see other works done by fellow DDers and comment on them?

I really wish you would stop writing phonetically. Writing "want" as "won't" has nothing to do with knowing how to spell, it's just laziness, because you know your using the verb "to want".

I'm just saying, it's hard to come off intelligible if you don't have the brain power to produce punctuation and correct spelling, it's a necessity to be taken seriously.

So let me get this straight. You talk about being short on funds, yet people like your work enough to approach you, like your work enough to pay you for what you do, and your response to them is '$#!& you'?

What's wrong with you? Listen, I'm not like the people on other sites who just bash artists for fun. Do you realize the disadvantage you put yourself at? You've got some serious issues that are burning bridges now and will bite you hard later in life. You don't want to work for someone else? Why the hell not? Do you even listen to the offer? Do you even give it a try? I've had some great fun working for others. The art world ridiculously trashes commercial art, but there is no dishonor by creating. You're helping someone bring an idea to fruition that they could never accomplish on their own.

i will change the world

Because everyone knows change comes from doing absolutely nothing.

Edited by Dwaine

I think Dwaine understands you fine. He just recognizes everything you say as 'artspeak' that is not going to help you actually improve, nor is it going to help you change people or whatever your actual art goals are.

Regarding an earlier comment of you to me, if I cannot understand you, then I do not want to see your art since your art is an extension of you (you created it). While I do mostly agree that "the job of art to make you understand your self", if you cannot be understood, then your art cannot do its job.

I really wish you would stop writing phonetically. Writing "want" as "won't" has nothing to do with knowing how to spell, it's just laziness, because you know your using the verb "to want".

Unless using a mike to write. Some people may need to do that. I hope that is not the case, though.

the mike thing sounds fun though how would i go back to change something

anyway - there isn't anything wrong with commercial, just can't create it myself - have try'd - and i do try to try again, but you i see like last week someone ask me to paint something for them after some thought i turned to them and and said yes, but when said yes my emotions said something different i dont know what, but i felt it rise through my body ending in my face - i just stood there starring at them dead in the eyes my whole way of standing changed (i know it did)

nothing else was said they left my house, i let them out as you do but couldn't speak to say bye (i did try) - i hate how horrible moments like that feels, it would have been much needed money, but there you go

my emotions make my decisions and though they have burnt many bridges in my life, this doesn't matter to me for to feel my emotion the way i do is to feel truely alive

in fact i don't know how many friends i have last - at least im skilled at making new one

he doesn't understand me people are completely different, even more then i can imagin

it is not my job to be understood it is only my job is to create art

art is so you understand your self - your self not me

i understand my art but would never explain how it makes me feel - it has nothing to do with you

anyway - there isn't anything wrong with commercial, just can't create it myself - have try'd - and i do try to try again, but you i see like last week someone ask me to paint something for them after some thought i turned to them and and said yes, but when said yes my emotions said something different i dont know what, but i felt it rise through my body ending in my face - i just stood there starring at them dead in the eyes my whole way of standing changed (i know it did)

You had some sort of panic attack because you agreed to paint something for somebody irresponsibly..

nothing else was said they left my house, i let them out as you do but couldn't speak to say bye (i did try) - i hate how horrible moments like that feels, it would have been much needed money, but there you go

You were left completely speechless and had to just throw them out even though you needed the money..

my emotions make my decisions and though they have burnt many bridges in my life, this doesn't matter to me for to feel my emotion the way i do is to feel truely alive

You only follow your emotions instead of making rational decisions because of some sort of temporary euphoria..

in fact i don't know how many friends i have last - at least im skilled at making new one

That's just damn cold.

he doesn't understand me people are completely different, even more then i can imagin

You are a person. Believe it or not, you have the same rules we do.

it is not my job to be understood it is only my job is to create art

When they say they don't understand you, it's because of your grammar, not your art.

art is so you understand your self - your self not me

i understand my art but would never explain how it makes me feel - it has nothing to do with you

So you'll post an art thread that doesn't want critique and cannot be explained.

tumblr_lfhllaHVrx1qddknq.gif

Edited by Bynine

W1D, dude, you do not understand NEARLY as much as you come off to think you do! I'm sorry but Dwaine and Cesar are cool, smart guys that are giving you great advice but every time you reply it always comes to a "you don't understand". Art is great and all but don't let it ruin your life if you need money, take a break and work so you can live! If you put things off for your art you will get stressed and not be able to do your best and you will not improve. You make it seem like art is more important to the lord, almighty to you! Take some time off to try new things for your own good, maybe take spelling classes or somthing, I dunno, it's up to you but there is a time where you need to just put the paint brush down and live, I say this for your own good.

How 'bout we turn this into a positive and post some of the greatest faceplams in art history?

We'll start off with Interior Semiotics. (Not safe for work!)

Next up is a piece from the oh, so talented Yoko Ono. Y'know, I had a show where the press release was sent out the same week as some billboard bullshit she bought went up. So not only did the $#!&@ squash that, but the billboard was completely pointless. It was plain white and said in plain Helvetica, "imagine peace." Oh thank you, Yoko Ono! Wow, that wouldn't have been possible without you and your five second designed billboard. I'm sure the people in sketchy-ass downtown will really stop and think!

So anyway...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdZ9weP5i68

Edited by Dwaine

I have nothing else new or particularly constructive to add to this topic, but...

Natalie_Portman_by_T_R_L.jpg

I just wanted to say that I literally said "woah" when I first looked at this one, TRL. In a good way.

just wanted to ask if someone can replay that super saine thing - so people joining in, in this page gets to see

why would i think dwaine or cesar are uncool or are not smart? - i dont know who the hell they are, all i have been saying is they don't know me, so there for could never begin to understand or believe me and by dwaine saying that what i believe is bullshit or artspeak as if he doe's know anything about me is a completely stupid concept

i will not take spelling leasons, for it is not importent to me - im a painter not a writer

im not painting now because it is not the right time for me to (but soon it will be - i can feel it) - i think you need to back track to refresh your memory

i will falow art to whatever end - this was my dicision and mine alone

i will not take spelling leasons, for it is not importent to me - im a painter not a writer

It should be.

I agree with Cesar. I'm sorry but if you intend to keep your writing illegible then you need to quite hanging around forums.